The Partick Thistle thread

On 17/06/2022 at 13:27, jaggyness said:
On 17/06/2022 at 13:14, Jacky1990 said:
Very meh. 
One thing I am increasingly not a fan of is the number of sponsors on our kits. I get its income, but having sock, short and sleeve sponsors just looks naff as f**k. 

I kinda like it but it's probably just nostalgia from me with all the French kits of my childhood being crammed with sponsors logos

I had a red Lyon top as a kid and really it could have doubled as a tour de France jersey. I thought it was smart as f**k. 

He is good mates with Jack McMillan and lawless.  Though would be delighted if he did sign

I’d be surprised but also not surprised to see him sign for Partick. If it was any other manager I think they’d be happy with having Smith (used properly), Turner, Bannigan and Docherty as their midfield options. But with McCall I think he’d sign every midfielder on Earth if he had the money. Thought you were getting the young lad McKinnon from Rangers as well which would only increase the bodies in the middle of the park. Add in Maxwell, who will most likely sign and play out of position in midfield, and you’re going to be packing the middle of the park in a way I don’t think I’ve see from McCall.

Did pop into my head that Kelty could be trying for him but even I think that’s too much of a ballsy move from them. Maybe just popping over to see his pals as you say.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be surprised but also not surprised to see him sign for Partick. If it was any other manager I think they’d be happy with having Smith (used properly), Turner, Bannigan and Docherty as their midfield options. But with McCall I think he’d sign every midfielder on Earth if he had the money. Thought you were getting the young lad McKinnon from Rangers as well which would only increase the bodies in the middle of the park. Add in Maxwell, who will most likely sign and play out of position in midfield, and you’re going to be packing the middle of the park in a way I don’t think I’ve see from McCall.

Did pop into my head that Kelty could be trying for him but even I think that’s too much of a ballsy move from them. Maybe just popping over to see his pals as you say.

You have a sick obsession with McCall. I feel for you.

You have a sick obsession with McCall. I feel for you.

Don’t think I’m really saying anything that large sections of Thistle fans would disagree with. If he can do no wrong in your eyes then your his type of football fan.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think I’m really saying anything that large sections of Thistle fans would disagree with. If he can do no wrong in your eyes then your his type of football fan.

Don’t be silly he does plenty wrong, you actually just have such a keen interest in us and McCall that I have to wonder if you hate him for leaving for a bigger club or if you just miss him. 
I agree with you he’s midfielder daft, it was a great relief that we never signed Crawford to be honest. What bothered me more than anything was when you said (using Cammy Smith right) Smith is fucking awful and shouldn’t be used at all.

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

Don’t be silly he does plenty wrong, you actually just have such a keen interest in us and McCall that I have to wonder if you hate him for leaving for a bigger club or if you just miss him. 
I agree with you he’s midfielder daft, it was a great relief that we never signed Crawford to be honest. What bothered me more than anything was when you said (using Cammy Smith right) Smith is fucking awful and shouldn’t be used at all.

I personally miss him, dont really hate him for moving back to a club he clearly has an affiliation with. Whilst hes still in the game I'll be jealous he's not our manager. He turned Ayr around to a team I loved going to see.

Anyhoo, I can see Robbie Crawford returning to us, and its going to be some fight to secure Sibbald. Can still see a few more ex Ayr rocking up at Firhill this summer.....

It’s a public forum mate. Fans commenting on other teams thread is part and parcel and isn’t really indicative of anything. I seem to remember swathes of Thistle fans on the Ayr forum for weeks after he moved to Thistle.

Your point about Smith is plain nonsense though. He’s been a clear standout at this level when used properly rather than shunted out wide on a side that doesn’t suit him.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a public forum mate. Fans commenting on other teams thread is part and parcel and isn’t really indicative of anything. I seem to remember swathes of Thistle fans on the Ayr forum for weeks after he moved to Thistle.

Your point about Smith is plain nonsense though. He’s been a clear standout at this level when used properly rather than shunted out wide on a side that doesn’t suit him.

Bit sensitive that mate,  I’m only having a wind up because you seem to know McCall more than anyone..

My point about Smith is completely right and I’ll tell you right now 99% of Our fans who watched him last season would be happy to see him leave on a free tomorrow.

He’s not been shunted wide at all, he’s been used as a supporting striker and I can tell you that all he offered last season was a nice wee pass or touch. He was my absolute pet hate last year he’s slow, has no drive and I genuinely don’t rember him making a creative pass or having a shot on target.

I hope to be proven wrong this season but im not holding my breathe. Zero contribution!

33 minutes ago, diege said:

I personally miss him, dont really hate him for moving back to a club he clearly has an affiliation with. Whilst hes still in the game I'll be jealous he's not our manager. He turned Ayr around to a team I loved going to see.

Anyhoo, I can see Robbie Crawford returning to us, and its going to be some fight to secure Sibbald. Can still see a few more ex Ayr rocking up at Firhill this summer.....

I’m only having a laugh I actually quite like Ayr United, Just always a comment from an Ayr fan about McCall and his signings lol. 

I’ve never seen Sibbald he’s one of those players that was always touted for bigger things but never quite done anything. Out of interest do you think Muirhead will be a loss to Ayr or was it not really a big deal? 

I’m only having a laugh I actually quite like Ayr United, Just always a comment from an Ayr fan about McCall and his signings lol. 
I’ve never seen Sibbald he’s one of those players that was always touted for bigger things but never quite done anything. Out of interest do you think Muirhead will be a loss to Ayr or was it not really a big deal? 
No big deal on the playing side, he was going to be back up at center half and Right back, off the field his experience might be a big miss, the only player we have over 28 is Moffat and he's semi retired.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Bit sensitive that mate,  I’m only having a wind up because you seem to know McCall more than anyone..

My point about Smith is completely right and I’ll tell you right now 99% of Our fans who watched him last season would be happy to see him leave on a free tomorrow.

He’s not been shunted wide at all, he’s been used as a supporting striker and I can tell you that all he offered last season was a nice wee pass or touch. He was my absolute pet hate last year he’s slow, has no drive and I genuinely don’t rember him making a creative pass or having a shot on target.

I hope to be proven wrong this season but im not holding my breathe. Zero contribution!

I agree with you about Smith. I was gutted when he returned to Scotland and turned us down for thistle but he has been so disappointing for you guys. I wouldn’t have him back at Somerset 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree with you about Smith. I was gutted when he returned to Scotland and turned us down for thistle but he has been so disappointing for you guys. I wouldn’t have him back at Somerset 

Would be nice of him to prove us wrong but he is the epitomy of a shitebag who won't be of any use for our needs.You can take him back anyday.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sibbald is predominately a left-winger is he not? and didn’t Maxwell play most of his games for Ayr last season at LM/LW? The point re McKinnon is fair enough with regards to the midfield options we already have (and I don’t think anyone on here would argue with Ian McCall’s past love-in for central midfielders) but Sibbald and Maxwell can’t be lumped in with that surely given they’re completely different to Bannigan, Docherty, Turner etc. I think Sibbald would be a terrific signing for anyone in this league. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Sibbald is predominately a left-winger is he not? and didn’t Maxwell play most of his games for Ayr last season at LM/LW? The point re McKinnon is fair enough with regards to the midfield options we already have but Sibbald and Maxwell can’t be lumped in with that surely given they’re completely different to Bannigan, Docherty, Turner etc. I think Sibbald would be a terrific signing for anyone in this league. 

Could be wrong but pretty sure he started off as a left winger and is more similar to Banzo now.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He doesn’t do enough to merit a starting place and has never really had an impact on a game from the bench either. I only have last season to base this on but assessing him on that .. he can leave tomorrow and I don’t think any Thistle fan would be disappointed but if he’s staying I’d love to eat my words !

13 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Could be wrong but pretty sure he started off as a left winger and is more similar to Banzo now.

Yeah just had a look and that could be backed up by Transfermarkt. During the last two seasons they have him as playing quite a lot of his games at CM, although a slender majority still out wide (on either left or right). Actually thought he was older than what he is, was really good for Falkirk a number of years ago but don’t think I’ve seen him play for a while admittedly. 

Edited by JagsCG

17 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

100% spot on