The Partick Thistle thread

McMillan never really got a fair crack of the whip with us. He was always decent whenever he stepped in, and he can play in a ton of positions. I would have loved to have kept him, but he needed first team football at his age.

Great signing for Thistle. He's got a higher ceiling than Tiffoney IMO.

12 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

McMillan never really got a fair crack of the whip with us. He was always decent whenever he stepped in, and he can play in a ton of positions. I would have loved to have kept him, but he needed first team football at his age.

Tiffoney doesn't need a high ceiling as he is a short-arse. 

Didn’t think he was particularly good when he was here last but he has more experience now and has played a decent number of games for a steady Premiership team. Should be a good signing.

I thought he was fine but unspectacular with us too, but we played him mostly as a centre back last time, didn’t we? I’m assuming we aren’t signing him to play there again.

Seems to have been shunted around all over the place at Livingston too - be interesting to see how he does getting a solid run in one position.

50 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Any idea where Sibbald is heading?

Didnt realise he had fallen out of favour with you and had been released. Would absolutely take him to compliment Docherty/Bannigan.

Delighted with this signing, I’d sort of convinced myself Elliott was the RB coming in so pleasantly surprised. I thought McMillan was solid for us a few years ago, he played a game as a defensive-mid against Dundee United (might have been the match where Fitzpatrick scored in the 90th?) and was terrific, although primarily was deployed in a back 3 by Caldwell. That’s probably us got first choice LB and RB for next season sorted now. 

I'm the same , though it would definitely be Elliott so this is better news.

My one concern with McMillan would be how he copes with being RWB in a 352, from what I remember last time he was solid as a CB / RB or even a DM but don't remember him being great going forward.

On 15/05/2022 at 15:41, Bishop Briggs said:

IIRC that rumour was circulating last summer. We are always getting linked with Ayr players that McCall managed. I'd rather have Regan Tumility.

Another possibility is Jason Naismith who was out of favour under McInnes. Ex loanee Jack McMillan, out of contract at Livingston, could be a decent shout too.

It was a very decent shout! 😎

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm the same , though it would definitely be Elliott so this is better news.

My one concern with McMillan would be how he copes with being RWB in a 352, from what I remember last time he was solid as a CB / RB or even a DM but don't remember him being great going forward.

Tumility was my first choice RB but McMillan should be a solid signing. 

I would have preferred Naismith or Grimshaw to Elliott. 

ETA - It's not certain it will be 3-5-2 next season. That would mean Tiffoney plays up front beside Graham.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Tumility was my first choice RB but McMillan should be a solid signing. 

I would have preferred Naismith or Grimshaw to Elliott. 

ETA - It's not certain it will be 3-5-2 next season. That would mean Tiffoney plays up front beside Graham.

Do you not think Dowds will be up front next season?

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I see Dowds as back-up to Graham in a 3-5-2 formation.

Do you think that Dowds could play on the right-wing in a 3-4-3?

I don’t think Dowds is a winger in any way shape or form. I know Mr McCall loves chucking a player out of position on the right but I don’t suspect even he will be planning this. Although the 3-4-3 is certainly an interesting idea if we keep Tiffoney. 

Anybody renewed their season ticket yet? I got the renewal e-mail the other day, opened it up put in card details and boom renewed in about two minutes all in.