The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Death in Vegas said:

I would expect Mcilroy Adeloye and Mcdade all to be announced in the next week 10 days from what I’ve been told.

ETA: an offer has been made to Kelly has aswell but some confusion over compensation/fee.

McDade??? Hahahahaha. McCall is a dud.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20163037.no-offers-table-scott-tiffoney-ian-mccall-names-price-winger/

I’d take it with a pinch of salt, as it’s Ian McCall saying things, but apparently there’s been no offers for Tiffoney and he’s happy to stay as things stand. We’re allegedly after a few hundred thousand pounds for him, plus add-ons. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20163037.no-offers-table-scott-tiffoney-ian-mccall-names-price-winger/

I’d take it with a pinch of salt, as it’s Ian McCall saying things, but apparently there’s been no offers for Tiffoney and he’s happy to stay as things stand.

Retaining Tiffoney (which I still think is unlikely) would be very important in terms of a challenge next season. Understand McCall’s point that Tiffoney didn’t really find a ‘home’ and somewhere to regularly enjoy his football before coming to Firhill but that doesn’t stop players leaving (look at Tony Watt leaving M’Well recently). 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We’re allegedly after a few hundred thousand pounds for him, plus add-ons. 

Would put emphasis on the fact that is the valuation from the manager not the club. McCall of course is right, he’s far too vital to let him go for buttons. 

In terms of the type of midfielder McCall is talking about, Scott Allan is also out of contract at Hibs. Would imagine he’ll have plenty of offers though, perhaps even some in the top flight. Definitely could be an asset in this league. 

In terms of the type of midfielder McCall is talking about, Scott Allan is also out of contract at Hibs. Would imagine he’ll have plenty of offers though, perhaps even some in the top flight. Definitely could be an asset in this league. 
I wondered about him when I saw he was out of contract. He's basically the same type of player as Turner though and he wasn't exactly a guaranteed starter last season. I did see him linked with raith rovers.

9 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

I wondered about him when I saw he was out of contract. He's basically the same type of player as Turner though and he wasn't exactly a guaranteed starter last season. I did see him linked with raith rovers.

Possibly more likely to be Kelly with the McCall having worked with him before 

Possibly more likely to be Kelly with the McCall having worked with him before 
Maybe but Kelly apparently impressed at Salford. If they want him they'll get him although I appreciate they have yet another new management team coming in

19 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Could Csmmy Ballantyne (who has just left Montrose and is looking for FT football) be our future right back.

Like Harry Milne at Left Back many consider Ballantyne the best right back in League One.

A back line of Ballantyne,   Mayo,  Holt, and Milne would be excellent with Akinola and Muirhead as cover. Looks solid.

You appear to have forgotten that Brownlie should be fully fit again. The signing of Muirhead and the return of Brownlie could mean that Akinola will be allowed to leave. 

Even if we sign Ballantyne, we would need another RB/RWB as serious competition and cover. We will have competition to sign Mayo for the next season.

If McCall wants competition for Sneddon, is Ross Doohan an option? IIRC he is out of contract at Celtic and, as he's 24, no compensation would be payable. Any other thoughts?

37 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You appear to have forgotten that Brownlie should be fully fit again. The signing of Muirhead and the return of Brownlie could mean that Akinola will be allowed to leave. 

I don’t see why we would allow Akinola to leave? He’s under contract, and up until the Airdrie cup game was terrific for us, if he can get his confidence levels back to what they were then he’ll be a key part of the squad without doubt. 

37 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

If McCall wants competition for Sneddon, is Ross Doohan an option? IIRC he is out of contract at Celtic and, as he's 24, no compensation would be payable. Any other thoughts?

Obviously there’s the factor that McCall knows Doohan well, but I doubt he’d sign for us unless he’s in with a good chance of being No.1, I suspect McCall will be looking for an experienced back-up who can compete with Sneddon whilst also accepting they may sit on the bench (in the Paul Gallagher mould). David Mitchell, ex-Clyde keeper and 3rd (if not 4th) choice at Hibs may have been a decent option for that but he’s under contract. 

Edited by JagsCG

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I don’t see why we would allow Akinola to leave? He’s under contract, and up until the Airdrie cup game was terrific for us, if he can get his confidence levels back to what they were then he’ll be a key part of the squad without doubt. 

Obviously there’s the factor that McCall knows Doohan well, but I doubt he’d sign for us unless he’s in with a good chance of being No.1, I suspect McCall will be looking for an experienced back-up who can compete with Sneddon whilst also accepting they may sit on the bench (in the Paul Gallagher mould). David Mitchell, ex-Clyde keeper and 3rd (if not 4th) choice at Hibs may have been a decent option for that but he’s under contract. 

David Mitchell has the same agent as Milne,Dowds and Brownlee..think we looked at him last season....And if Akinola can find a new club i would let him go.