The Partick Thistle thread

35 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I get that your act on P&B is being deliberately argumentative, but if you can’t see that it was a dreadful “pass” into a terrible area of the pitch by Bannigan, then there’s not really much else to say.

And while we’re on the subject of usernames, you chose to name yourself after a dated TV skit from about 20 years ago, so wind yer neck in.

And you are named after a tv show 30+ years ago, what is your point caller?

11 hours ago, baba douche said:

You are joking, aren't you?

He was awful up until the sending off - which was his fault. He was better after to be fair. 

Our best players by far were Tiffony and Docherty. 

No i'm not joking! I thought he had a good game. You didn't. So what?

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Yes because he will be hard to replace with just a week left in the transfer window.

I'd be on the phone to Livingston just now to see if they've anyone available - we usually do quite well out of their youngsters. 

Then take the money.

I don't for a minute think refs are out to get us, we are on a(nother) weird quirk though where we've not had a penalty since December 2020, and that's in a period where we've won a league and in the top half of the following league halfway through the season. 

The decision not to give a foul for the pull back on Tiff to stop him running the ball into an empty net was worse than the red card. 

58 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Some of the refereeing decisions have been awful for us do you think referees have an agenda against us or are they just rank rotten

No agenda just absolutely pitiful as seen across all the leagues. Obviously there is a pro Old Firm agenda but that's been going on since I first got into football and affects everyone they play

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Some of the refereeing decisions have been awful for us do you think referees have an agenda against us or are they just rank rotten

Celtic v Rangers section of the forum for this pish.

Obviously referees dont have an agenda against Thistle. They make bad decisions for/against every team* because they just arent that good. End of. We tend to notice the decisions that go against us more than the ones we get in our favour, which is why every team in the history of football thinks they are "owed a bit of luck" and "we never get those 50/50 decisions".

*Old Firm tend to get more in their favour, but I severely doubt its a conscious decision by the refs and more subconscious due to the noise and pressure from the crowd and knowledge it'll be all over the media and social media if they make a bad decision against one of them. 

The anti thistle agenda means we were the penultimate club in the spfl to be shown a red card this season.

Potential silly opinion, but if we can sign a good right winger I’d be happy enough taking some cash for Rudden and then playing Graham by himself in a 4-2-3-1 - between Turner, Smith and Crawford I think we have the players to sit in the hole.

I suppose the issue would be what if Graham got injured - so we’d need to replace Rudden, but we could maybe take a bit of a punt on someone who we wouldn’t expect to be starting every week (and hopefully they’d be better than McIvor)