The Partick Thistle thread

56 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Daft question, probably, but would people have been happier yesterday if we’d won 2-1? The longer the clean sheets continue, the bigger deal it is. Don’t want it becoming a distraction. 

Yes. I would definitely have preferred Thistle to have won yesterday. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Daft question, probably, but would people have been happier yesterday if we’d won 2-1? The longer the clean sheets continue, the bigger deal it is. Don’t want it becoming a distraction. 

Daft question. Why might it become a distraction and to whom?

The defence try to stop the opponents from scoring. If they are successful for 90mins, we don't lose. We should focus more on our inability to capitalise on our strong defensive performances. Too many 0 - 0 draws.

On 10/12/2021 at 01:55, Jacky1990 said:

Getting Akinola and Rudden to re-sign would be a fantastic statement of intent and a great endorsement of the atmosphere among the team at the minute.

Would give us a massive headstart on our rivals for next season.

The ugly sisters?

Managed to get one more point from that second quarter of games. Scored 7 goals, four of which came against Ayr.

Only conceded two goals, both last week vs Arbroath.

If we can get back amongst the goals we might hit 17 after the third quarter...

Still on track for a top four spot going by previous points total  but with the top five as they stand it's hard to see how this will pan out. Will a team come out of the pack soon and make a title challenge or will it be back and forth until the end of the season? 

Managed to get one more point from that second quarter of games. Scored 7 goals, four of which came against Ayr.
Only conceded two goals, both last week vs Arbroath.
If we can get back amongst the goals we might hit 17 after the third quarter...
Still on track for a top four spot going by previous points total  but with the top five as they stand it's hard to see how this will pan out. Will a team come out of the pack soon and make a title challenge or will it be back and forth until the end of the season? 
I don't think anyone will run away with it this season (if we see it out) but I do think someone will emerge at the top and stay there for a stretch but not pull away meaning a title race albeit with a team very much in the box seat.

29 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Gary Caldwell is the new assistant manager at Hibs.

Strange appointment. Given Maloney’s reputation as being a really good coach in the modern sense you’d have assumed he would’ve wanted someone in next to him that had man-management as their strength. Caldwell’s certainly no manager so maybe an assistant suits him better.

Rumours on the Ayr thread that Muirhead is coming back to us in January.

Was also a rumour in the summer and is possibly even more strange now unless one of the centre halves is leaving. Plus Ayr will obviously have a new manager soon who might want him to stay. 

Was also a rumour in the summer and is possibly even more strange now unless one of the centre halves is leaving. Plus Ayr will obviously have a new manager soon who might want him to stay. 
Would suggest there are still doubts over Bell although I saw he started the Glasgow cup match against rangers

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Only way i can see that happening is if Bell leaves and Muirhead comes in as 4th or 5th choice.

Other than that it sounds like bollocks. 

The one thing Muirhead would bring is versatility in that he can cover both centre half and centre midfield, but I don’t think he’s good enough in either position if we’re looking to challenge for the title/playoffs.

It would be a very strange signing. Frankly, signing almost anyone from that Ayr squad would make no sense whatsoever. 

43 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The one thing Muirhead would bring is versatility in that he can cover both centre half and centre midfield, but I don’t think he’s good enough in either position if we’re looking to challenge for the title/playoffs.

It would be a very strange signing. Frankly, signing almost anyone from that Ayr squad would make no sense whatsoever. 

He can cover right back too, the rest of your post is pretty spot on. He is probably a competent enough back up for a top four side at either right back or centre half - certainly not in central midfield though. 

52 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Only way i can see that happening is if Bell leaves and Muirhead comes in as 4th or 5th choice.

Other than that it sounds like bollocks. 

Agreed. IIRC the same rumour was circulating in the summer. 

If Bell leaves, I'd hope that we could bring in someone better than Muirhead.

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Reckon it’s nonsense, unless Bell is leaving but even then why would Muirhead leave regular game time with Ayr to come in sit on the bench or in the stands with us? 
He’s a solid enough player for this level but as has been said, in no way a regular for us in any his versatile positions.