The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I agree it is not a big deal, although it has been suggested that the Friday evening game will have a lower attendance than a Saturday 3pm.

in the past we used to play our midweek games on Monday’s(alsoOur league cup Q4 in 1971 was Monday/Wednesday and playing 1st/2nd Jan was a New year staple

My memory says Maryhill shops had a half day on a Monday so that's why we played then.

I agree it is not a big deal, although it has been suggested that the Friday evening game will have a lower attendance than a Saturday 3pm.
in the past we used to play our midweek games on Monday’s(alsoOur league cup Q4 in 1971 was Monday/Wednesday and playing 1st/2nd Jan was a New year staple
I would think that it being another game against dunfermline, that's not on the season ticket, will have a greater impact on the attendance than it being on a Friday night

Last night I dreamt that we bought Nairn County as a way to get our reserves into the pyramid. The current Nairn County squad effectively took over from the Nairn County A team currently playing in the North Calley.

Technicolour dreamcoats aside I'll be sending Jacqui a DM on twitter suggesting the idea.

I can't see him staying unless we get promoted and I can't see us getting promoted.

Don't think we'd be due a huge amount in compensation either. 

Akinola and Sneddon are presumably on the list for extensions based on recent form but we might be wanting to see more from both before committing. 

26 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is there any chance we can get Rudden to stay on? 

If you are paying Kevin Holt £1200 a week  I imagine you will be paying Rudden more .

Have it from a very reliable source that most  Thistle players are on over a £1000 

If you are paying Kevin Holt £1200 a week  I imagine you will be paying Rudden more .
Have it from a very reliable source that most  Thistle players are on over a £1000 

That’ll be nonsense I’d imagine.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

I would hope so. This is 2021. Does anyone work for less than a grand these days?

6 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is there any chance we can get Rudden to stay on? 

Doubtful. I think he’ll definitely be elsewhere next season, the only way he’ll still be with us is if we’re a Premiership side (which is also doubtful). Ever since he got that brace vs Clyde last season he’s been really good for us, so would go with best wishes but I do still think there’s a lot of developing in him and staying to develop under McCall wouldn’t be the worst option…but then I’m biased and want to keep him. 

8 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Doubtful. I think he’ll definitely be elsewhere next season, the only way he’ll still be with us is if we’re a Premiership side (which is also doubtful). Ever since he got that brace vs Clyde last season he’s been really good for us, so would go with best wishes but I do still think there’s a lot of developing in him and staying to develop under McCall wouldn’t be the worst option…but then I’m biased and want to keep him. 

Mental how shite he was before that. Some of the misses were genuinely pub league stuff. Imagine if you’d told us then that, in a years time, we’d all be worried about him leaving to move up a level. His turn around has been astounding. 

Hope he stays but I can’t see it, unless we get promoted and even then I think he’ll have a pre-contract signed before that’s confirmed, a la Erskine and Paton in 2013.

51 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mental how shite he was before that. Some of the misses were genuinely pub league stuff. Imagine if you’d told us then that, in a years time, we’d all be worried about him leaving to move up a level. His turn around has been astounding. 

For the first part of last season he looked like a giant toddler trying to play football who could barely stay on his feet never mind control a ball, and his only contribution was getting sent off for swearing vs Falkirk. Even in the 4-2 win against Airdrie he came on as a sub and missed about 4 sitters. 

The first goal against Clyde was obviously the definition of "needs one to hit off him and go in" as he's not looked back much since. 

My main hope of him staying would be he’s more or less guaranteed another season of first team football at Firhill under McCall. I’m not too sure which premiership club can offer him that?

He’s hardly at Shankland or Nisbet levels of finishing at the moment. 

As we approach Remembrance Day 2021, we pay our respects...

In 1914 and 1939, when the nation needed men and women to serve in the country’s armed forces, football players were among those who volunteered. Partick Thistle FC were one of the many clubs whose players and former players became soldiers, sailors and airmen, and not all of them came home. This is a record of those Jagsmen who paid the ultimate price serving their country. They are listed by war & alphabetical order, with a short introduction outlining their club career, and then information on their war service.

... to The Partick Thistle Fallen →

partickles-fallenl.jpg

On 09/11/2021 at 15:13, Bishop Briggs said:

We were in a relegation position so I’m sick of us playing the victim card, if it had been called if we were a point at the top would we claim an unfair promotion??

Whilst its great we turned a profit that is only due to money left from Colin Weir being made available. That’s not how a sustainable club needs to be run

1 hour ago, thenolly said:

We were in a relegation position so I’m sick of us playing the victim card, if it had been called if we were a point at the top would we claim an unfair promotion??

Whilst its great we turned a profit that is only due to money left from Colin Weir being made available. That’s not how a sustainable club needs to be run

Don't you dare question queen jacqui!