The Partick Thistle thread

28 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Stone called up to the u21s now since English based players have been removed from the squad as they'd have to isolate when returning from Turkey. Misses Stranraer along with Rudden and Mayo 

I see Kevin Budd’s lad got a call up too. 

32 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I doubt we'd do it (and we shouldn't) but does that not mean we could ask for a postponement? 

We could, I think , the trigger pint is two call-ups? I guess the loanees can still play in this competition, if required?

17 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I’m not actually, I criticised him on many occasions last season as did a lot of us (and rightly so at times). You just have some sort of hatred of McCall that supersedes any positivity about the club. 

I want Thistle to win as many games as possible anyway, but it makes it even better that every good thing the manager & the team does, absolutely rattles you and squashes your shitty negative attitude. 

Not rattled in the least. Just pointing out what a moron McCall is.

15 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Not rattled in the least. Just pointing out what a moron McCall is.

Do you genuinely feel that's a fair assessment here? The guy has assembled what is starting to appear a rather good team, despite defensive injuries we are sitting second top and have won three games out of four.

Dunfermline fans might disagree. 
I've not heard much of Grant to be fair, but I'm inclined to think he's just not very good at his job, rather than a moron.

Caldwell was shite at his job and had a few other negative traits but he certainly isn't a moron. Some of the Superscoreboard/Open All Mics folk though...

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've not heard much of Grant to be fair, but I'm inclined to think he's just not very good at his job, rather than a moron.

Caldwell was shite at his job and had a few other negative traits but he certainly isn't a moron. Some of the Superscoreboard/Open All Mics folk though...

Couldnt disagree more.

Caldwell is the worst type of moron. The guy thinks he is some footballing genius but without the self awareness to think he might be the problem when things dont go to plan. Just cause he sounds quite posh doesnt make him any less of a moron than a guy like Gordon Daziel, but at least Daziel knows hes a bit thick.

Edit: Just seen he was appointed Newcastle U23 lead development coach a couple weeks back. Must have some agent.

Edited by Jacky1990

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Couldnt disagree more.

Caldwell is the worst type of moron. The guy thinks he is some footballing genius but without the self awareness to think he might be the problem when things dont go to plan. Just cause he sounds quite posh doesnt make him any less of a moron than a guy like Gordon Daziel, but at least Daziel knows hes a bit thick.

Edit: Just seen he was appointed Newcastle U23 lead development coach a couple weeks back. Must have some agent.

Caldwell has got the Newcastle job on an interim basis.

Even Bruce will work out that he's an idiot bullshitter and punt him.

Couldnt disagree more.
I'd definitely list thinking he's far more intelligent than he is among the negative traits I was on about. However I think people are hugely devaluing the word moron by applying it to anyone of below average intelligence.