The Partick Thistle thread

Can't really see the logic in that one, aside from him being under contract we need another fullback (especially if McKenna out for a while) as we still have Mayo, Bell, Holt and Akinola who can play CB. Fairly certain Muirhead played a couple of games at RB in the title winning season and wasn't great and seems to have been mainly a CB or CM since. 

Edit :unless we've had another spate of everyone getting injured in training again, guess the match preview or teamsheet for tomorrow will let us know 

Edited by Fuctifano

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19542651.mccall-calls-perspective-wake-arbroath-defeat/

Docherty and Hastie should be available for tomorrow, but Bell remains a doubt. No mention of McKenna. McCall also says we’re still looking for one more defender. 

Only logic I can see in Muirhead is that he can play in both defence and midfield, and offers experience that we’re maybe lacking in defence particularly, but i still wouldn’t be keen. As above, we need a full back rather than a centre half and if we’re looking to get promoted at any point soon, which I assume is the aim internally, then we already know he’s not up to it in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19542651.mccall-calls-perspective-wake-arbroath-defeat/

Docherty and Hastie should be available for tomorrow, but Bell remains a doubt. No mention of McKenna. McCall also says we’re still looking for one more defender. 

Only logic I can see in Muirhead is that he can play in both defence and midfield, and offers experience that we’re maybe lacking in defence particularly, but i still wouldn’t be keen. As above, we need a full back rather than a centre half and if we’re looking to get promoted at any point soon, which I assume is the aim internally, then we already know he’s not up to it in the Premiership. 

He doesn't count the Montrose defeat? Hehehe. The guy is a moron.

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It was a nothing game, we’d already won the league. No one was really that interested in it at the time, bar Montrose who still had something to play for. You could include it, and the point McCall was making would still be valid anyway. 

12 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

It was a nothing game, we’d already won the league. No one was really that interested in it at the time, bar Montrose who still had something to play for. You could include it, and the point McCall was making would still be valid anyway. 

So, when we won the old first division under Archibald the games undefeated after we won promotion didn't count? I am sure Thistle fans harped on about our undefeated run to the END of the season. Yeah right! McCall is full of bullshit. 

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Can't really see the logic in that one, aside from him being under contract we need another fullback (especially if McKenna out for a while) as we still have Mayo, Bell, Holt and Akinola who can play CB. Fairly certain Muirhead played a couple of games at RB in the title winning season and wasn't great and seems to have been mainly a CB or CM since. 

Edit :unless we've had another spate of everyone getting injured in training again, guess the match preview or teamsheet for tomorrow will let us know 

Akinola can also play at right back. IIRC Mayo can also cover that position. 

We really need a left-sided CB and/or a pacy LB rather than Muirhead. 

As usual, the big question who is available and affordable?

22 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

So, when we won the old first division under Archibald the games undefeated after we won promotion didn't count? I am sure Thistle fans harped on about our undefeated run to the END of the season. Yeah right! McCall is full of bullshit. 

Imagine being so rattled at the manager saying we’ve only lost 3 games in 22. You would be forgiven for thinking you just like being negative about the club and the manager. 

Edited by JagsCG

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Akinola can also play at right back. IIRC Mayo can also cover that position. 

We really need a left-sided CB and/or a pacy LB rather than Muirhead. 

Agree with this, but we could really do with pace at both full back areas, if Mayo/Akinola had to cover RB they wouldn’t bring much attacking threat I’d imagine (maybe more defensively sound) and Foster isn’t particularly pacy anymore either. 

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Agree with this, but we could really do with pace at both full back areas, if Mayo/Akinola had to cover RB they wouldn’t bring much attacking threat I’d imagine (maybe more defensively sound) and Foster isn’t particularly pacy anymore either. 

Yes but it is unlikely that McCall will sign another RB unless McKenna has a bad injury.

There was no mention of possible new signings in the manager's match preview. 

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Imagine being so rattled at the manager saying we’ve only lost 3 games in 22. You would be forgiven for thinking you just like being negative about the club and the manager. 

You are the one who is a McCall fanboy who sees no wrong in him. Now, that is sad.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You are the one who is a McCall fanboy who sees no wrong in him. Now, that is sad.

McCall has definitely had sexual relations with one of your family members. It’s the only reason why you have a go at him for no reason.

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You are the one who hates McCall so blindly he sees no right in the guy that just got us promoted, built one of the more exciting squads in the division and got us playing our best football in 4 years. Now that is sad. 

Hes far from perfect. But Tommy Wright is the only manager in the division I'd take ahead of him so be careful what you wish for.

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Hes far from perfect. But Tommy Wright is the only manager in the division I'd take ahead of him so be careful what you wish for.

Agree with this. Ive had conversations and social media chat about this and you get people piping up " I'd rather have Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon or John Hughes."

Well, these guys have all had numerous chances and have either turned us down or deemed not good enough in the past.

Sometimes you just have to be happy with the cock you piss with...

Edited by jagfox BLM

18 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Agree with this. Ive had conversations and social media chat about this and you get people piping up " I'd rather have Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon or John Hughes."

Well, these guys have all had numerous chances and have either turned us down or deemed not good enough in the past.

Sometimes you just have to be happy with the cock you piss with...

All three of them would be absolutely atrocious appointments.

I think McCall is about as good a manager as we’re likely to get just now. Tries to play attacking football, seems interested in the youth teams and bringing some players through, and has a decent track record of getting the most out of players where others haven’t managed to do so.

Also, given that Jacqui Low’s track record of managerial appointments consists of Gary Caldwell, I’d be incredible concerned about what moron with a PowerPoint we’d end up with if McCall left. 

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

You could probably make an argument for McGlynn being ahead as well, but McCall is definitely in the top three in the division.

Anyone that wants a guy like Duffy over McCall is for the watching.

20 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

No, your comments are the ones that are consistently moronic - both here and on all the other threads you pollute.

There have been plenty of occasions for grim, angry negativity in recent years, but the start of a new season after a good promotion and with what appears to be some of the best recruitment in the division isn't one of them.  Sadly, you seem to be bitter and raging at all times.  Give it a rest.

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You could probably make an argument for McGlynn being ahead as well, but McCall is definitely in the top three in the division.

Anyone that wants a guy like Duffy over McCall is for the watching.

Yeah, agreed. I did think about McGlynn, guy clearly has something about him. But I'd say him and McCall are pretty 50/50 if anything.

Looking around Scottish football I'd be terrified of who we'd end up with if we did let McCall for whatever reason. But it wont happen unless we're knee deep in relegation trouble come Feb/March time so hopefully we dont need to worry about that for a while!