The Partick Thistle thread

35 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Just a guess but giving the money from finishing in the playoffs and the £350,000 extra a few months ago think Raith will be ahead of us.  Hamilton with the years in the premier league and parachute payment as well 

No idea about Morton, Queen if the south

Having money and allocating a budget are not the same though - Hamilton are likely to be very frugal with their cash in general I think (which is good on them).

Stranraer away moved to a 1pm kick off so people can make it back to Glasgow for the Scotland game that night.
Would rather it was on the Sunday, TBH.

I would have done both games if that was the case but will be heading to the pub pre-Scotland game just about the same time as the full time whistle is blowing at Stair Park.

Mason McCready goes out on a season loan at Gala Fairydean Rovers - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/mason-mccready-joins-gala-fairydean-rovers-on-season-long-loan/. Best of luck to him and I hope he that does well in the Lowland League. 

It does not mention a recall option if Sneddon or Stone gets injured or suspended. Perhaps McCall has an experienced keeper lined up.

Some Orient fan on Twitter:

Tunji Akinola has some future ahead of him, the lad absolutely oozes class and calmness, can’t remember seeing a defender as calm as him. Really hope we get in early and offer him a contract, could be a real asset for us #lofc

Spoiler

We're going to win the league

14 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Some Orient fan on Twitter:

Tunji Akinola has some future ahead of him, the lad absolutely oozes class and calmness, can’t remember seeing a defender as calm as him. Really hope we get in early and offer him a contract, could be a real asset for us #lofc

Hide contents

We're going to win the league

Wonder why he's not stayed then?

He definitely fills a need.

Played pretty much a full season of League Two football last season. Often when we make these unknown signings they’ve played about 20 games across numerous seasons at various clubs, but Akinola seems to have done well at Orient, which is a positive.

Full first name is Olatunji. As Bob Dylan said... 

"What I want to know, Mr. Football Man, is
What do you do about... Olatunji (rampaging down your wing)" 

Well maybe not the last bit. First time in this spell (I think) McCall has signed someone who hasn't played in Scotland before but reports from Orient fans seem good. 

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Full first name is Olatunji. As Bob Dylan said... 

"What I want to know, Mr. Football Man, is
What do you do about... Olatunji (rampaging down your wing)" 

Well maybe not the last bit. First time in this spell (I think) McCall has signed someone who hasn't played in Scotland before but reports from Orient fans seem good. 

Christ, thought i had wandered onto WAT there!

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

He definitely fills a need.

Played pretty much a full season of League Two football last season. Often when we make these unknown signings they’ve played about 20 games across numerous seasons at various clubs, but Akinola seems to have done well at Orient, which is a positive.

Agreed.

Akinola has been at West Ham since he was eight and progressed through the academy, U18s etc. Here he talks about his roots, inspirations, tastes etc - https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/april/28-april/academy-spotlight-olatunji-akinola.  

"I haven’t always been a centre back. I actually started off in midfield until just before I signed for West Ham. I played a trial game at Chadwell Heath and I was determined not to lose so I stayed at the back to make sure the opposition didn’t score. Since then I’ve never really left defence!"

"I’ve never really looked at one player and said ‘I want to be like him'. I appreciate all the defenders who are at the top now and any player who plays in the Premier League, Champions League or in any of the top leagues - you can learn off all of them.

"Virgil van Dijk is obviously at the top right now and I do watch him a lot, but I wouldn’t say it’s just him. Sergio Ramos, Fabio Cannavaro, Giorgio Chiellini as well... I try and take a bit from each of them.

"A specific performance that stands out to me would be Fabio Cannavaro back at the 2006 World Cup. It was the final, but he just won everything and cleaned up everything and Italy ended up World Cup winners."

Akinola comes across very well - intelligent, thoughtful and ambitious. With such a sound EPL development, he is a very positive signing imho. 

Like others, I had a quick look about social media and there doesn't seem to be any negative comments about him.

Speaks well and clearly had a good upbringing spending all that time at West Ham Utd.

Could be another great signing by McCall.

Pleased with this signing, more depth in a position which we needed strengthening in and he’s someone slightly different from the usual Scottish Championship carousel of players. Spoke really well in his interview on JZ and hopefully can do as well on the pitch for us. Interesting to see where McCall primarily plays him, I’d imagine he’ll look for him and Mayo to be the CB pairing and push Holt back to LB. 

Ticket update on the website for home games. 

Socially distanced area at north end of JH and away fans in the main stand. Wasn't sure if we'd be able to use that for fans as from the QoS game it still appears as if away team are getting changed in Aitken Suite but it's good that we can.

No cash gates but can buy online up til kick off- think that might cause a bit of a fuss among folk who maybe are older and don't have a smartphone but also aren't ST holders.

Catering and 50/50 moving to cashless as well.

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Ticket update on the website for home games. 

Socially distanced area at north end of JH and away fans in the main stand. Wasn't sure if we'd be able to use that for fans as from the QoS game it still appears as if away team are getting changed in Aitken Suite but it's good that we can.

No cash gates but can buy online up til kick off- think that might cause a bit of a fuss among folk who maybe are older and don't have a smartphone but also aren't ST holders.

Catering and 50/50 moving to cashless as well.

Finally / Thank f**k, I've never got cash on me.