The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

You must be special. Mine was from Euan Smith

The first one was from Britton, updated one was from Euan Smith too.  Clearly Gerry's made such an arse of it they've taken it off him.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Niall fucking Keown man, doesn't even play for anyone now, despite being only 26. I still can't believe we swapped Ando on loan for him with St Johnstone. 

Until recently we've been an utter calamity in terms of signings for years. Remember watching Storer down at Ayr, either the League cup or first game of the season and thinking we are going to get destroyed during that season. 

Keown is a bizarre case. You'd think his numerous appearances in the Scottish Premiership and who his dad is would have convinced some random League 2 or National League jobbers to take a punt on him. Dont remember him having an injury or anything so looks like he's just given up.

29 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Keown is a bizarre case. You'd think his numerous appearances in the Scottish Premiership and who his dad is would have convinced some random League 2 or National League jobbers to take a punt on him. Dont remember him having an injury or anything so looks like he's just given up.

Quick look at his social media, apparently he still plays for us - he wishes!

16 hours ago, colliedug said:

Does anybody know anything about the marquee which was spoke about by the club a few weeks ago being put out in the car park @ the JH stand because the Aitken Suite is closed ??

Maybe they're waiting to see if there's one left over from the Claypitts opening today!

As a non season ticket holder I'm a wee bit disappointed that at the start of the week the club stated they were in discussion with Glasgow CC to see about increased numbers being able to attend today's game and then no further details were given about how the discussions went (unless I missed them), other than to just confirm there would be no public sale.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

As a non season ticket holder I'm a wee bit disappointed that at the start of the week the club stated they were in discussion with Glasgow CC to see about increased numbers being able to attend today's game and then no further details were given about how the discussions went (unless I missed them), other than to just confirm there would be no public sale.

There was a post on facebook saying there will be over 2k fans there today so i assume we must have got a slight increase but not enough to broadcast it. I feel your pain at not being able to be there and understand you may not be in the position to do so but it has been stated over and over that to guarantee attendance a season ticket would be required this season. The stream at £12 is decent value considering if you were attending it would be a lot more than that. Get yourself a few beers and stream the game, it is flag day - Mon the Jags!

5 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

looks like jake hastie  is 

going to Dunfermline Manager is saying a wide player signing is imminent 

Not sure Jake Hastie is going anywhere just now, he’s in Rangers European Squad. 

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

They had to get an increase because we went over 2K season ticket holders, there’s been no news about some ST holders not getting in so presumably we got the increase, although slight it would’ve been. 

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

looks like jake hastie  is 

going to Dunfermline Manager is saying a wide player signing is imminent 

Pars are also linked with Adam Hamill, Scougall and McDaid.  Not sure scougal plays wide but potentially in addition the imminent player could be one of those or Hastie or maybe someone else

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

For those that have already been for the League Cup, assume entry times are just in the hope that some are mental enough to comply? Am I f**k turning up 90 minutes before kick off

It was said in here before the club need to provide the entry times to comply with the rules but you'll still get in if you don't adhere to it.

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It was said in here before the club need to provide the entry times to comply with the rules but you'll still get in if you don't adhere to it.

Thought it'd be that, terrific.

good game in the end.. the ease with which they constantly opened our defence up is a bit disturbing.. Mckenna i thought had a bad one he was nowhere near being on top of Gibson constantly getting skinned by him and not closing him down resulted in their first goal.. Graham and Rudden ran their hearts out today.. Tiffoneys  goal was magnificent.. the disallowed goal i assume was for Mckenna being offside but weird that the linesman gave it and started running before it was over turned.

51 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

good game in the end.. the ease with which they constantly opened our defence up is a bit disturbing.. Mckenna i thought had a bad one he was nowhere near being on top of Gibson constantly getting skinned by him and not closing him down resulted in their first goal.. Graham and Rudden ran their hearts out today.. Tiffoneys  goal was magnificent.. the disallowed goal i assume was for Mckenna being offside but weird that the linesman gave it and started running before it was over turned.

It was a weird one, but unless I missed something, was clearly offside. Rudden looks a different player now. Not convinced we have the wingbacks for that system. 

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Did I hear right the crowd was announced as 1500 odd? So around 25% of season ticket holders didn't show up and we've no way of selling those seats to non season ticket holders?

This is becoming like a broken record and has been answered multiple times, trying to find out what is so hard to grasp about limitations and guarantees of only season ticket holders being able to attend firhill this season. If a season ticket holder chooses not to attend on the day how do you suppose the club can predict they will/won't be at the game so as to allow it to be sold to non season ticket holders?