The Partick Thistle thread

20 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This is the sort of post that can come back and bite you in the arse. Being an Airdrie fan, I really hope it does.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, you guys do have the best TV set up with multiple cameras, replays etc. 

Here's to Roy and/or Paton making the difference. 👌

How did that all work out? 

Spreadsheet slightly more bullish than the bookies who had us at 8/11 after last night, haven't checked this morning. If the last 4 or indeed 40 years have you still pessimistic, one win or 2 draws should get us a playoff spot. 

PXL_20210421_070844262.thumb.jpg.4db14427a77c9f3a7eab443478a7819e.jpg
Somewhat bizarrely our odds have gone out slightly on the back of today's results and we're now available at 11/10

41 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
On 21/04/2021 at 08:36, Fuctifano said:
Spreadsheet slightly more bullish than the bookies who had us at 8/11 after last night, haven't checked this morning. If the last 4 or indeed 40 years have you still pessimistic, one win or 2 draws should get us a playoff spot. 

PXL_20210421_070844262.thumb.jpg.4db14427a77c9f3a7eab443478a7819e.jpg

Somewhat bizarrely our odds have gone out slightly on the back of today's results and we're now available at 11/10

Surely not. Where have you seen this?

Tuesday is huge for both teams. Realistically we need all 3 points if we are to have any chance. A draw and it would take a collapse to be fair for Partick to lose the league.

Tough place to come Balmoral. Both teams in form, should be a cracker to be fair.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

12 hours ago, banditjag said:

I like this cos it's bullish and exactly the right attitude but suspect you are making more out of @forameus post than what his intention is. Don't think he is being arrogant, entitled or dismissive of other challengers, though I'm sure he can speak for himself

I can honestly say, given we're now safely beyond the game, that I was totally and utterly serious.

image.png.255bf52a3cf2451f37b63311cbf36417.png

no late kicks in the teeth, no stupid set piece goals conceded - nothing even creeping in or sclaffing in from open play either, going 2+ goals up to finish games off more comfortably in 4 of the last 5, and able to win home and away fixtures. +13 to the GD, Zak Rudden finally scoring fucking goals and everything.

A part of me is still wanting to be a negative wee shite and point out that aykshually we're only in the seaside leagues + we're still not completely home and hosed, but it's a lot quieter than it usually is...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

image.png.255bf52a3cf2451f37b63311cbf36417.png

no late kicks in the teeth, no stupid set piece goals conceded - nothing even creeping in or sclaffing in from open play either, going 2+ goals up to finish games off more comfortably in 4 of the last 5, and able to win home and away fixtures. +13 to the GD, Zak Rudden finally scoring fucking goals and everything.

A part of me is still wanting to be a negative wee shite and point out that aykshually we're only in the seaside leagues + we're still not completely home and hosed, but it's a lot quieter than it usually is...

On last point, it’s probably best to wait and see what happens against the league’s top teams before we get way too excited. It’s been a great run, but three games against the bottom half teams, Montrose maybe with an eye on the cup, and very close against airdrie. 

Don’t want to be negative but real test is over the next two games. 

On last point, it’s probably best to wait and see what happens against the league’s top teams before we get way too excited. It’s been a great run, but three games against the bottom half teams, Montrose maybe with an eye on the cup, and very close against airdrie. 

Don’t want to be negative but real test is over the next two games. 
The league's in form teams coming into Saturday were ourselves and Airdrie.

Cove and Falkirk both struggled against us back when we all wanted McCall gone and they were riding high. The turntables have turned and we'll give them both a spanking this week. Champagne Thursday here we come.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

The league's in form teams coming into Saturday were ourselves and Airdrie.

Cove and Falkirk both struggled against us back when we all wanted McCall gone and they were riding high. The turntables have turned and we'll give them both a spanking this week. Champagne Thursday here we come.

Fair play if you do get 2 easy, clear wins. Would definitely be deserved champions coupled with the run of late. We're 1 loss in 10 league games so there's form and confidence there. 

Tuesday will be a crunch game. In recent weeks I've seen enough from us that we string some wins together. If we don't get anything other than 3 points, we'll be competing in the playoffs almost certainly.

The turnaround in our play and fortunes since the start of April and being 2-0 down to East Fife on the 6th has been unbelievable.  Going back just to p.1530/1531 here, no one saw it coming (very much including me) and there was absolutely nothing to be positive about. 

We still have a lot of hard work to do to get over the line (especially v Cove away on Tuesday) but goodness me, this run has been enjoyable.  Anyone know when we last won 5 on the bounce without conceding? Might even be a first?

8 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The turnaround in our play and fortunes since the start of April and being 2-0 down to East Fife on the 6th has been unbelievable.  Going back just to p.1530/1531 here, no one saw it coming (very much including me) and there was absolutely nothing to be positive about. 

We still have a lot of hard work to do to get over the line (especially v Cove away on Tuesday) but goodness me, this run has been enjoyable.  Anyone know when we last won 5 on the bounce without conceding? Might even be a first?

Start of Archibald's tenure - would settle for conceding on Tuesday if we score 6 again tbh 

Screenshot_20210425-182859.png

Edited by Fuctifano

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Start of Archibald's tenure - would settle for conceding on Tuesday if we score 6 again tbh 

Screenshot_20210425-182859.png

Cheers - I wondered about the Archie bounce in the promotion season (including the away wins we couldn't get under McNamara) - but vaguely thought we had conceded.  I don't make it to many away games but I remember being at that Hamilton win - if it was the one where it snowed?

As you say, 6-1 would be absolutely fine on Tuesday (as would 8-7).