The Partick Thistle thread

He did but so did Ryan Stevenson.
Mates with McCall, has won the division twice, bigger club than Ayr.

Stevenson didn’t retire due to injury.

You’d be lucky to get 10 games a season out him now.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Not confident in the courts at all. They usually arent keen to meddle in sporting affairs.

Neither am I. I believe if the courts throw it out as it’s a football matter, it goes back to SPFL which seems a bit pointless. Guess we then decide whether to take it higher sporting court. 

5 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

As usual with the Record it’s all sources, with no actual quotes. If it’s true there can only be one club that is in a position to help anyone out!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-raith-cove-offered-22248147

It wouldn't surprise if that is true. Scottish football has been torn apart by this and it will not recover. There will be rancour and hatred for years to come. Most of those clubs are pissed off at us, because for once we have stood up to them instead of getting a wee pat on the head and told to go away and know our place. f**k the lot of them.

30 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

As usual with the Record it’s all sources, with no actual quotes. If it’s true there can only be one club that is in a position to help anyone out!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-raith-cove-offered-22248147

Why would any club that has no relevance to the case, be bothered enough to use some of their own valuable money? I know we are having legal action paid for, but that’s probably by a rich Hearts fan or friend of Budge’s, so they do have some connection, but not sure I’d be happy if it was the other way round, and I knew money from my club was being wasted in court, helping Dundee United. 

44 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

It wouldn't surprise if that is true. Scottish football has been torn apart by this and it will not recover. There will be rancour and hatred for years to come. Most of those clubs are pissed off at us, because for once we have stood up to them instead of getting a wee pat on the head and told to go away and know our place. f**k the lot of them.

For Scottish football to be torn apart it would need to have been a solid unit at some point. It never has been, it's always been every man for themselves and rarely have things been implemented without some kind of selfishness involved. I'd try to avoid holding grudges over this shit though, people are only annoyed until the next f**k up comes along, which won't be too far away.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

For Scottish football to be torn apart it would need to have been a solid unit at some point. It never has been, it's always been every man for themselves and rarely have things been implemented without some kind of selfishness involved. I'd try to avoid holding grudges over this shit though, people are only annoyed until the next f**k up comes along, which won't be too far away.

In fairness, that whole statement is probably correct. The next thing won’t be far away, Scottish Football being what it is. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

No they are pissed off at us because we're throwing a tantrum at not getting our way, exacerbating uncertainty about next season and trying to undermine a decision overwhelmingly backed by a super-majority of member clubs.

On 21/06/2020 at 11:34, Smurph said:

Dunfermline fans have had a chip on their shoulder since our promotion season which coincided with them entering administration and being relegated via the play-offs. The 5-1 home game was phenomenal and what started to make me believe we were going to win the league.

We shagged them 4-0 at East End Park and their fans were seething when we were waving cash money at them across the stands. They were also furious after the 3-3 game when we were on the pitch celebrating the title. I found it all hilarious tbh.

I don't know of a single Pars fan who has any feelings for Partick Thistle tbh. I've seen a few Thistle fans try to make out this is the case, citing a one off game from years ago as evidence, the fact that every game since has passed without any ill feeling seems to escape a fanbase that is absolutely desperate for someone, anyone other than Clyde to have feelings for them, let it go. 

The fans were seething at the owners of the club at the 4-0 game, the game was an absolute sideshow where some fans managed to batter the bookies, the team got clapped of at half time when they were losing 4-0. I wasn't aware Thistle fans were even waving money and I've not heard it mentioned by any fan since. Sounds like you're placing a bit too much significance on that event aswell. 

Talk of this tearing Scottish football apart is hyperbolic pish, Rangers going into liquidition wasn't armageddon, Hearts and Partick losing this court case won't touch the sides. Partick will in all likelihood get promoted this year, have some siege mentality for the next in the championship, and in 5 years time this will be another interesting anecdote in the history of Scottish football.