The Partick Thistle thread

28 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

So looks like, that'll be what we will say then. Therefore the SFA can't really do us for anything. The way the media has handled this situation in many respects, has been appalling as well, a lot of mis-leading information, a lot of spewed bile, a lot of nonsense. 

6 hours ago, JagsCG said:

So looks like, that'll be what we will say then. Therefore the SFA can't really do us for anything. The way the media has handled this situation in many respects, has been appalling as well, a lot of mis-leading information, a lot of spewed bile, a lot of nonsense. 

It’s been scare tactics from Day 1. Typical SPFL bully boy tactics. To be fair, I think most of the media have been on our side. Facts are, if they expel both clubs from the league it could go through the courts and if necessary the appeals procedures for years and that would mean no clubs would be left standing. 

3 hours ago, Sting777 said:

It’s been scare tactics from Day 1. Typical SPFL bully boy tactics. To be fair, I think most of the media have been on our side. Facts are, if they expel both clubs from the league it could go through the courts and if necessary the appeals procedures for years and that would mean no clubs would be left standing. 

Surely to f**k it's better off just playing the season next year, going on a winning run, getting morale back in the squad and pushing back up to the championship and for hearts the premiership.

If the fans rally round both clubs then the drop in money will be marginal through league position payments only...

Plus you have a league winners trophy day and have a great time at that on the way...

57 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surely to f**k it's better off just playing the season next year, going on a winning run, getting morale back in the squad and pushing back up to the championship and for hearts the premiership.

If the fans rally round both clubs then the drop in money will be marginal through league position payments only...

Plus you have a league winners trophy day and have a great time at that on the way...

Not disagreeing, but that ain’t happening. I think the feeling is that we have been shat on once too often by this lot. It’s in the courts hands now and they will decide unless an acceptable offer is made to both clubs by the SPFL.

37 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I think the feeling is that we have been shat on once too often by this lot. 

Genuine question, but when have Partick been "shat on" by the SPFL before?

Not disagreeing, but that ain’t happening. I think the feeling is that we have been shat on once too often by this lot. It’s in the courts hands now and they will decide unless an acceptable offer is made to both clubs by the SPFL.
I think your correct, I already resigned myself to Div 1 but Ms Low (who I don't particularly like) and the rest of the board have decided to go down this route, if nothing else the "cuddly toy" thing will eventually dropped and also can't be accused of "rolling over and getting our tummy rubbed". I thoroughly expect a compensation agreement to be accepted maybe as much as half of what we wanted and we get on with the season with 2 fingers coming from all quarters to us but we will ultimately and hopefully we go on and win the league and it's done on the park

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm guessing the 2003/04 season, which was shite at Firhill with a whiff of saving grace of stadium criteria. The stadium rules changed ...

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surely it's better for Thistle to shut the f**k up and take their medicine, sit in silence and just wait patiently like good little boys n girls for football to return, whenever that is. Whilst it was politely written, that's what you're saying? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As stated 03/04 season. Anyway it’s at court now. It’s for them to make the decisions not the apparent tens of thousands solicitors/lawyers that have appeared, from nowhere, from other clubs. 

Just now, Sting777 said:

As stated 03/04 season. 

So you were "shat on" by being relegated from a division you finished bottom of over 38 games?

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Dunfermline fans the latest ones slinking into the thread to offer their two cents? We might be playing in the third tier next year but are still definitely box office.

I notice the Dundee fans seem conspicuous by their absence today, though. Strange that we’re suddenly irrelevant now that their own dire financial position has become clear...

Dire financial position' - We are waiting on the outcome on the insurance judgement at which point we could be in one of the healthiest financial positions in Scotland. If it goes against us, then like all other clubs, we'll need to make drastic cut backs and be in the horrible position that most clubs are in right now. It's not rocket science.

Partick Thistle fans. Fucking hell. You've really went off the edge here. :lol:

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you were "shat on" by being relegated from a division you finished bottom of over 38 games?

They were just unfortunate it was Inverness who won the First Division rather than Falkirk that season otherwise they’d have been fine.

Edited by Hughsie

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Read what happened that season. Now you are fucking boring the pants off me. Cheerio!

I did.

02/03 - Falkirk denied promotion for refusing to ground share with SPL team. Wanting to use a SFL stadium (Airdrie), and the SPL/SFL being separate entities, made it impossible to guarantee there wouldnt be clashes between Falkirk and Airdrie playing home matches. Falkirk denied promotion.

03/04 - ICT agree to ground share with SPL side. No chance of home match conflicts, ICT promoted.

Interesting to read about that season, while Partick fans bring it up to moan about self interest. In 2004 Partick, who finished bottom of the league over the course of a season, took legal action to try and deny ICT a promotion they earned. An act of self interest, and self preservation, that's worse than what Hearts are currently up to.

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

They were just unfortunate it was Inverness who won the First Division rather than Falkirk that season what otherwise they’d have been fine.

Falkirk fucked themselves by trying to share with Airdrie. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

...16 years ago!

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk fucked themselves by trying to share with Airdrie. 

...without an agreed lease or tenure.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I did.

02/03 - Falkirk denied promotion for refusing to ground share with SPL team. Wanting to use a SFL stadium (Airdrie), and the SPL/SFL being separate entities, made it impossible to guarantee there wouldnt be clashes between Falkirk and Airdrie playing home matches. Falkirk denied promotion.

03/04 - ICT agree to ground share with SPL side. No chance of home match conflicts, ICT promoted.

Interesting to read about that season, while Partick fans bring it up to moan about self interest. In 2004 Partick, who finished bottom of the league over the course of a season, took legal action to try and deny ICT a promotion they earned. An act of self interest, and self preservation, that's worse than what Hearts are currently up to.

Shocked that you get labelled boring guy tbh... 

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Shocked that you get labelled boring guy tbh... 

*shrugs* 

Maybe some Patrick fans should remember how their own club acted when it comes to slagging top flight clubs and their "self interest"/claiming they would always act in the best interests of everyone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Surely it's better for Thistle to shut the f**k up and take their medicine, sit in silence and just wait patiently like good little boys n girls for football to return, whenever that is. Whilst it was politely written, that's what you're saying? 

Hahahah no no no.

Read it again please. Football in our leagues will start in October I'm pretty sure of that.

Now is it not better to focus on trying to go up via the league system (top goes up bottom goes down). Than spending god knows how much on legal fees and the time of it too.

Yes it's shite going down but get a winning run on the go, title party etc is amazing and would galvanise the players at the least for the year.

Just my thoughts and it's definitely not how you put it up cause that's child childish on the verge of spitting the dummy out the pram