The Partick Thistle thread

As with the Restriction of  Trade thing that Hearts are tossing around, if the spfl say 20/21 starts in October - surely no club can say we aren't gonna play ? Must be a refusal of something beyond my brainpower ! Don't think clubs want to play behind closed doors, that's all, lack of income a fair point. Will tell my boss tmrw of which days I want to work 😟

I for one i'm sick of all this to and fro about reconstruction, I reluctantly accept we are now in Div 1 without going over everything as previously said the easy option as like the most of Europe we should have finished all our leagues and not be hasty with shite inconclusive voting systems

48 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Is that would you would do is it? 

If Morton had been spared relegation durle to a disruption to the 2013/14 season by some utterly shite reconstruction package being knocked together primarily to save one top flight club then I'd have been fucking mortified. Especially if the club itself had thrown a hissy fit at the prospect of relegation, threatened legal action, immediately climbed down from it, kept its mouth shut for a while before caving in by launching a bleating, half-pished rap lecture on the official website a few days before what could be the 'final' verdict Sometimes you need to accept relegation as your just desserts for being shite and focus on coming back as less of a clown-car outfit; for some reason none of three clubs affected have reflected on that and so have lost even more dignity through this fight than being pumped on the park over 36 games.

If Morton had been spared relegation durle to a disruption to the 2013/14 season by some utterly shite reconstruction package being knocked together primarily to save one top flight club then I'd have been fucking mortified. Especially if the club itself had thrown a hissy fit at the prospect of relegation, threatened legal action, immediately climbed down from it, kept its mouth shut for a while before caving in by launching a bleating, half-pished rap lecture on the official website a few days before what could be the 'final' verdict Sometimes you need to accept relegation as your just desserts for being shite and focus on coming back as less of a clown-car outfit; for some reason none of three clubs affected have reflected on that and so have lost even more dignity through this fight than being pumped on the park over 36 games.
Viking ton you are lying c**t but that's what you become to expect from that mob in Inverclyde......

58 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I don’t agree that the league couldn’t be finished. It might not have been finished in the normal timescale.

I know obstacles like the tv deal with sky, player contracts, even early payment of prize money will be mentioned. These could all have been overcome. It was lack of vision by the leadership or just plain laziness.

Tell me which SPFL rule allows each league to decide their own start date and number of games to play but needs every division to vote on ending a season.

The championship are now going to be playing 2 curtailed seasons. Not just that but 2 seasons where the fixtures are uneven. It’s nuts.

You've offered no actual alternatives there. It would not have been possible to complete the Championship season. Apart from anything else, there's absolutely no way the clubs could afford to do that. Voting to end the season was the only sensible outcome.

There are plenty of flaws in the SPFL's processes, but that doesn't mean that the outcome here is wrong. 

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

Or, you’d have happily accepted it because it benefited you, far more likely. 
Most, if not all Thistle fans have accepted we are a League 1 team, not happy about it, but we accepted it weeks ago.  But if there’s a chance for us to stay up, it’s understandable the board was going to make a statement on our position, and a plea to clubs, there’s no issue with doing that. 
And finally the part of your statement, that just signifies the whole situation and the whole issue; “being pumped on the park over 36 games”. That’s the Jags’ point, we didn’t play 36 games, we didn’t even play the same amount as every other team (bar Inverness). Forgive me, if I don’t believe for a minute, that you’d happily accept that without so much as a grumble. 

From Kheredine BBC on Twitter

Could the tide be turning for @JamTarts @PartickThistle @StranraerFC? Just heard from an @spfl Championship chairman who thinks clubs in that division have now resolved differences/objections & can support 14-10-10-10; he thinks the Premiership (11-1) holds key to reconstruction

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Don’t believe it, it will still fail. 

Hibs and Ross County will definitely vote against it. 
Along with several L1 teams wanting to keep us and Falkirk in the league.!

Don’t disagree just posting what was on BBC 

12 hours ago, virginton said:

Morten in 2014 - adrift by 14 points (behind Cowdenbeath....) the season after their glorious second place finish in the "promotion race"; proceedings rounded off with a memorably comic 10-2 gubbing from Hamilton Accies.

Thistle in 2020 - 2 points behind with a game in hand and 9 games unplayed.  Clearly great banter value for fans of other teams; not quite as dignity-removing as the above, though. 

We're a League 1 team now.  We'll get on with it while pointing out that it's quite unfair and a bit frustrating.  Meanwhile, the fact that you've followed us down to this forum to try to land some limp slaps is vaguely psychologically interesting.  I can only assume that 2013 and your best chance of top flight football in a generation still hurts deeply.  You were only 11 points behind us in the end.  What might have been, eh?

Edited by VictorOnopko

You've offered no actual alternatives there. It would not have been possible to complete the Championship season. Apart from anything else, there's absolutely no way the clubs could afford to do that. Voting to end the season was the only sensible outcome.
There are plenty of flaws in the SPFL's processes, but that doesn't mean that the outcome here is wrong. 

I think I said in the very 1st sentence what could have been done.

Why couldn’t the season be finished, even if it doesn’t restart till October. Than have only 1 restricted season of 18 games.

15 hours ago, Sting777 said:

From Kheredine BBC on Twitter

Could the tide be turning for @JamTarts @PartickThistle @StranraerFC? Just heard from an @spfl Championship chairman who thinks clubs in that division have now resolved differences/objections & can support 14-10-10-10; he thinks the Premiership (11-1) holds key to reconstruction

Jeez. Good that the BBC journalists were close to the debate then. Hopeless.