The Partick Thistle thread

On 16/02/2020 at 21:18, dave.j said:

Especially when you consider some if our fans thought the next season we should have been building on/improving on that top 6 finish. 

An outrageous hope that brightened our days for a couple of weeks. Clearly it was time for feet up and hols. 🥳

11 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Thoughts on midfield for Saturday? Won’t happen, but would like to see Bannigan ‘rested’.

If McCall doesn't rest Cardle, who has been utterly rancid and trying far too hard, then I doubt he's going to rest someone he wants to build the team around unfortunately.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
6 hours ago, forameus said:
If McCall doesn't rest Cardle, who has been utterly rancid and trying far too hard, then I doubt he's going to rest someone he wants to build the team around unfortunately.

Come back to pars jojo

Always amazed to see how well thought of he is at Dunfermline.  I'm not saying he's a bad player, in fact when he first arrived he was the sort of player we really needed.  Someone with actual pace who could be a bit direct, and actually do something, when all we had was a lot of...well, nothing.  But recently he's hit some pretty bad form, and he just looks as though he is trying far, far too hard to bring himself out of it.  There's a fine line at that point on how that goes.  Either he picks himself out of it, or he looks like a complete donkey shooting from all angles and dribbling like he's a ringer in a primary school 5s game.  Hopefully he picks back up, otherwise you can have him.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Always amazed to see how well thought of he is at Dunfermline.  I'm not saying he's a bad player, in fact when he first arrived he was the sort of player we really needed.  Someone with actual pace who could be a bit direct, and actually do something, when all we had was a lot of...well, nothing.  But recently he's hit some pretty bad form, and he just looks as though he is trying far, far too hard to bring himself out of it.  There's a fine line at that point on how that goes.  Either he picks himself out of it, or he looks like a complete donkey shooting from all angles and dribbling like he's a ringer in a primary school 5s game.  Hopefully he picks back up, otherwise you can have him.

Think he was a good servant for us but I don't share the adulation he gets from some of out supporters.

When he went off form, it tended to last for half a season.

On 20/02/2020 at 16:22, forameus said:

Spot on forameus, couldn't agree more. Just like quite a few if our players, there's a good player in there trying desperately hard to break our of their respective malaise. The big question is why are so many like this. Towards the end of last year we seemed to be going, albeit slowly, in the right direction, and for whatever reason we have regressed, again.

Watched view from, last night and they reminded us of mccalls failure with ayr the first season they came up to the championship, went back down, re grouped and came back stronger. 

I know this has possibly been discussed way back, but I'd be grateful to hear the thoughts and comparison of McCall between then and now from ayr fans. Was their relegation season back to div 1 reflective of his management of us just now?

Edited by banditjag
Spooling mustook

Jo was a good player for us, helped us win two titles, had some sticky spells sure but seemed to produce his best football in black and white. 

For me its his attitude to the club, he just seems to love it like I do. Recently interviewed he explained how he wanted to stay and play for free during our financial troubles but wasn't permitted to do so. He dropped from the Premier League to League One to play for us. He only ever left the club against his will as far as I can see, he always worked his arse off and scored some great goals. 

Not often you get players like that.....anyway, hope he doesn't play or at least has a mare next time we play Thistle.