The Partick Thistle thread

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Don’t think we have a higher than Dundee or Inverness either

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would be absolutely amazed if we don’t have a bigger budget than Inverness. We’ll be third, comfortably behind the Dundee sides but probably well ahead of any other side in the division.

You may not be higher than Dundee overall, wouldn't know. You've certainly got more to throw around in January though.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He absolutely has. By miles.

So you should mind given that you are clearly working with a budget miles and miles in front of everyone else other than United who clearly don't need to make major changes and had such a low bar to improve. Can't knock him for doing it well though. On paper Thistle should be massively improved in the 2nd half of the season.

There were a load of people on here saying that Colin Weir dying would mean administration and relegation for the club.

A few players have gone and a few have been brought in. I don’t see where the extra money has come from.

28 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

There were a load of people on here saying that Colin Weir dying would mean administration and relegation for the club.

A few players have gone and a few have been brought in. I don’t see where the extra money has come from.

And probably our highest earning player has moved on

With the recent good business by Partick, I can only see one winner on Saturday at Arbroath. I jumped on at 13/8 a couple of days ago. I see the price is down to 13/10 now with McBookie. Arbroath have fell away a wee bit recently after a good start. Should be a decent game.

I wonder if Mr McCall might have some more players in before Saturday?

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, 6' 3", powerful, good in the air, fairly quick, and ................... a Queen of the South player until June unless you want to write a very big cheque I expect.

Queens desperate for cash I don't think the cheque will need to be that big probable £20,000 i expect it to happen next week 

Queens desperate for cash I don't think the cheque will need to be that big probable £20,000 i expect it to happen next week 

£20,000 for a player they'll get for free in 4 months? Thistle might be flush but they're not bloody stupid.

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He hasn’t, though.

His work rate is top notch, especially for a 40yo, but he’s missed countless sitters, and his positional discipline is awful.

Better to have a striker who at least gets in the positions to miss sitters than a striker who doesn’t. He’ll at least score his fair share that way. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

£20,000 for a player they'll get for free in 4 months? Thistle might be flush but they're not bloody stupid.

This time last year we gave Gary Harkins an 18 month contract. Dont come on here and tell me we dont have the capacity to be bloody stupid!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Getting him in early for £20,000 and making the play offs would be a no brainer. A player like him could be the difference to us.