The Partick Thistle thread

Im really surprised hes gone to the championship tbh given supposedly how highly rated he is, would have assumed we would have put him to league 1 in England or a club in our league.Im guessing McCall has practically guaranteed Celtic he would start regularly. Only seen him play once for Ireland but doesn’t look raw or naive for his age.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im really surprised hes gone to the championship tbh given supposedly how highly rated he is, would have assumed we would have put him to league 1 in England or a club in our league.Im guessing McCall has practically guaranteed Celtic he would start regularly. Only seen him play once for Ireland but doesn’t look raw or naive for his age.

Spoke about being happy not having to move down South again and that it would allow Celtic to keep an eye on him. 

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Spoke about being happy not having to move down South again and that it would allow Celtic to keep an eye on him. 

I think I can remember reading  an interview with McCall recently and think he mentioned Lennon in it so they must get on I assume, so Lennon probably would rather send him to somebody he trusts. Im glad he's going to be getting more senior football regardless as he needs the games. 

If we can get Graham in, this must go down, certainly on paper, as our best ever January window. McCall has addressed just about all our problem area’s maybe with the exception of central defence though young Lee does say in his JZ interview that he can play across the defensive positions. I reckon McCall still thinks there is an outside chance of making the Top 4 this season which frankly would be amazing given the team/squad we kicked the season off with.

Edited by Sting777

We must be due a loan signing from either half of the OF that is a clear improvement on what we have, in the last 25 years I'm thinking only Jukka Santala and that was more by happy accident when he was shoved up front due to being a carthorse in defence, and the 3rd tier being donkey meat.  Hope either Barjonas or O'Connor can be that.

O'Connor certainly seems to have a decent pedigree though I  would caution that Sean McGinty was also a Man Utd youth player. Still think we're crying out for a Lee Mair / Steven Anderon style "steady the ship" CB until the end of the season, and one more winger. 

Still 10 more days which is plenty time, tho we are playing Ayr on transfer deadline day which you'd think would hamper things unless another one of their players confirmed he's signed a pre-contract with us as he's being substituted.

Probably an element of that but also typically anyone who starts on a Saturday doesn't play in these games, I did wonder given that all our available defenders played on Saturday if any would play tonight but it appears to be 4 weans. No sign of Sena either, he normally starts in these.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

If we win on Saturday and Alloa do too there's about 6 teams in the relegation mix. Of course it could go the other way...

Was just thinking it's starting to look a bit last season all over again. This time around feel more confident having McCall at the helm and with his transfer business though. 

Nearly time to start up the big relegation thread, if it's not already happened.