The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There's were rumours last season that he didn't have a contract with us last season. If that is still the case then I'll doubt you'll need permission. 

I thought I read he had signed a contract at Ayr at the end of last season

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cameron said last season when Falkirk came in that he wouldn’t stand in McCalls way.

Doesn’t bode well for us tbh.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There's were rumours last season that he didn't have a contract with us last season. If that is still the case then I'll doubt you'll need permission. 

If that's all true, it's the proverbial no brainer if he wants the job. 

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m hoping we get a similar sort of uplifting atmosphere to what we got against Hamilton following Lambie’s passing. The fans really helped drag the team over the line that day. I’m actually gutted I can’t make the game today. Walking out of Gayfield last Friday, I’d have been happy never to attend again.

We haven’t kicked a ball since beating Motherwell to secure top 6 in 2017. The rot stops today.

sad cheryl cole GIF

If he goes to that rabble, then he is a snake

Can't agree with thst he's something like the 5th longest serving manager in Scotland and he's not just jumping ship to the first job that comes along we all know he has a soft spot for Thistle and feels unfinished business there I'll be gutted if he goes but he no snake.

30 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

How the f**k is Britton still employed? He sanctioned the signings of each and every dud. Some on long deals. What a joke.

Are you suggesting that chief executives should question every single signing a manager makes on their opinion of that player's ability? No manager would ever work under those conditions, or at least no decent manager (yes, obvious joke here).

Managers have to be allowed to make their own signings or the post is rather pointless.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you suggesting that chief executives should question every single signing a manager makes on their opinion of that player's ability? No manager would ever work under those conditions, or at least no decent manager (yes, obvious joke here).

Managers have to be allowed to make their own signings or the post is rather pointless.

I don’t think it is unreasonable for the CEO to do a bit of homework on the proposed player and have a discussion with the manager about it. The CEO answers to the board and must justify the financial outlays being made. If he sees a player who is obviously useless (Mansell for example) why is it so wrong for him to tell the manager he won’t sanction the signing? We wouldn’t be in the position we are if there had been a bit more due diligence done on the shite squad we have.

Edited by Midlife Crisis

5 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m hoping we get a similar sort of uplifting atmosphere to what we got against Hamilton following Lambie’s passing. The fans really helped drag the team over the line that day. I’m actually gutted I can’t make the game today. Walking out of Gayfield last Friday, I’d have been happy never to attend again.

We haven’t kicked a ball since beating Motherwell to secure top 6 in 2017. The rot stops today.

lol

9 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Personally feel it’s still too early to bring Archie back if those rumours are true. Would rather have Lennon as the no.2 as it would be different ideas. 

Lennon wouldn't be a No.2. I have no problem with Archie as No.2 He would learn even more with McCall and be a better coach/manager for it.