The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Adams is an utter arsehole though. Also his RC team played  brutal football iirc.

Hence the controversial description. However, we need someone who can get clubs promoted. Tbh the board surprised me with today's decision. Perhaps they have a surprise candidate in mind too. 

Anyway, it's time for a beer to celebrate Gormless Gaz's (as a Chesterfield fan called him today) sacking. GIRFUY Caldwell!

4 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Dundee sign miller manager gets punted
Partick sign Miller manager gets punted
Miller is some boy.

On 23/08/2019 at 21:14, RandomGuy. said:

Miller has an incredible record in terms of being at a club when a manager is replaced, if you count it up (while ignoring the numerous times Murty took "charge" of Rangers, it looks like...

2018/19 - Jim McIntyre/Neil McCann (plus himself as Livi manager, not sure if thats worth counting)

2017/18 - Pedro Caixhina

2016/17 - Mark Warburton

2015/16 - Stuart McCall

2014/15 - Ally McCoist

2013/2014 (USA) - Martin Rennie

2012 was the last season he went without the club sacking a manager, and he arrived 3 months after Vancouver changed their manager.

8 sackings in 7 years with him around. Must be coincidence.

A frankly incredible coincidence. 

Hes cursed.

They’ll need to sack their manager first.
Give it to the weekend. Last minute goal in a turgid 1-0 prolonging crawford.
Possibly scored by Danny devine after his heroics last weekend

a) Clyde fans raging when we appoint Lennon
b) Ayr fans raging (but pretending not to be) when we appoint McCall
c) Thistle fans raging when Kenny Miller gets it on a permanent basis/we bring back Archibald

No matter which one of them ends up happening, meltdowns are afoot.

23 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

a) Clyde fans raging when we appoint Lennon
b) Ayr fans raging (but pretending not to be) when we appoint McCall
c) Thistle fans raging when Kenny Miller gets it on a permanent basis/we bring back Archibald

No matter which one of them ends up happening, meltdowns are afoot.

Kenny Miller more or less ruled himself out on Radio Scotland. Happy to help out in the interim but wants to focus on winning 3 points and scoring a goal or two on Saturday.

Can't see McCall leaving Ayr when everything is still up in the air at Firhill.

I'm warming to the thought of Danny Lennon. Pulled together a Clyde team going nowhere and got them promotion. 

Should steady the ship and move us back up the table. Not sure about Moore as assistant though? 🤔😉 

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Might have already been done, but anyway, just popped in to issue a "come and get me" plea on behalf of Ray McKinnon.

If any of you are unfamiliar with Rays work, he has a now famous LinkedIn page where you can find out the details.

Ha, ha. I just looked it up and it is a quality read. Well played Ray.

That said, there is a small gap in his employment history that does not appear to have been accounted for. 

Just an admin error, I’m sure.

11 minutes ago, sydney said:

If Danny Lennon goes to Partick, the first signing he’ll want to make is Goodwillie. Made him his captain. Get the cheque book out for both please. Oh wait, you’ve no money.

We've got the money to pay off Caldwell and Kerr. That will be a significant sum. 

If the board wants Lennon, they'll get him but they would not even consider signing the odious Goodwillie. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

He is available and will be one of the favourites. 

Derek Adams is another possibility but could be a controversial appointment. He got Plymouth promoted to League One. and kept them up for a season before being punted.

Both would be a big upgrade on Calamity Caldwell. 

McIntyre might be one of the favourites but I don’t want him anywhere near Firhill 

14 minutes ago, sydney said:

If Danny Lennon goes to Partick, the first signing he’ll want to make is Goodwillie. Made him his captain. Get the cheque book out for both please. Oh wait, you’ve no money.

Probably made a fair bit from Celtic draw in cup

a number of fans had withdrawn sponsorship because of Doolan and erskine treatment- more chance they will sponsor again 

saturdays match likely to have larger attendance now and possibly more at Celtic game with new manager bounce

attendances likely to be up for more games 

lqst but not least we stop paying off Archie And Paterson’s contract next month 

so probably not as skint as you think 

I have no idea who will be the next PT manager but whoever it is I hope he doesn't release any players (Caldwell signings) without giving them a reasonable chance to prove themselves. 

I went to the Arbroath game last Friday and thought we were lucky to get a draw. However I was disappointed with the many fans who are writing off our new right back, Kakay, after one game. 

I agree he had a tough night, defensively, against Bobby Linn (Arbroath's best player) especially first half. However in the second half Linn was nowhere to be seen and was substituted. 

Kakay then became a mauradjng overlapping full back, something we have not had for a few years. He really unserrled the left side of the Arbroath defence and contributed to the move which lead to our goal. Let's give the guy a chance! 

The new managerial appointment is hard to call. 

I wouldn't want any of the candidates named so far with the possible exception of Lennon (shamefully treated by St Mirren). 

I would support Doolan returning as an assistant manager, perhaps with Lennon as manager. 

The appointment, though, needs to excite the fans. Regrettably I can't think of anyone, within our budget level, that could do this!

55 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
1 hour ago, third lanark said:
McIntyre might be one of the favourites but I don’t want him anywhere near Firhill 

My contacts are telling me Billy Davis has indicated he would be interested

f**k off to any manager who refers to themselves in the 3rd person. Ian McCall it’s time to come home.

Not a chance we’d sign Goodwellie because (a) he is a rapist and (b) isn’t better than our main striker.