The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think it's the right time tbh. If it was planned though then not giving him the last 5-10mins at Palmserston when we're 3-0 and cruising is pretty shite. 

Plus Ad Lib being furious for the entire summer should be entertaining. 

I'm rather upset, but re: Saturday, 3 subs had been made for tactical reasons, there probably wasn't really scope for a "come on for a fond farewell" sub in a game of that significance.

4 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I'm rather upset, but re: Saturday, 3 subs had been made for tactical reasons, there probably wasn't really scope for a "come on for a fond farewell" sub in a game of that significance.

At 3-0 with less than 10mins to go we subbed Cardle on for Gordon. I find it hard to believe there was no scope to bring Doolan on at that stage of a game that was done. 

7 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Normally I’d agree, but we were in cruise control and made subs at 3-0. Disgraceful from Caldwell if he knew that Doolan was planning to leave and didn’t give him one last go.

Its probably the correct decision for Doolan to go, though, regardless of how it’s come about. He’s been poor for a while now, and maybe a fresh start will suit him.

A fantastic servant to Partick Thistle.

He’s had a poor season. I’d still have kept him on as a squad player though, and I think Doolan would’ve been okay with that.

As POTM said it’s piss poor not to give him a run out on saturday.

Surely this means contracts have been handed out for next season? Strange that there’s no announcement about the rest. I have a horrible feeling that we’ve offered Storey a deal. Edit: he’a away too. Thank f**k.

29 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I am now boycotting Firhill until Jacqui Low personally apologises to Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine for how she let Gary Caldwell treat them.

You only go to about a game a season greeting face so I doubt they will be bothered 

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

You only go to about a game a season greeting face so I doubt they will be bothered 

Get your head out your arse, you superfan c**t. Away and have a w**k to Pat Clarke.

6 minutes ago, Reid said:

He’s had a poor season. I’d still have kept him on as a squad player though, and I think Doolan would’ve been okay with that.

As POTM said it’s piss poor not to give him a run out on saturday.

Surely this means contracts have been handed out for next season? Strange that there’s no announcement about the rest. I have a horrible feeling that we’ve offered Storey a deal.

I'm not on Instagram but seems too much work to be a fake 

D6H3SoDXoAADEQ7.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Get your head out your arse, you superfan c**t. Away and have a w**k to Pat Clarke.

Take your own advice Westminster getting to your head posh boy think the club are going give a fcuk about you, you arrogant to$$er parasite 

Gutted about Doolan. I think the time was right, but I’m still absolutely gutted.

Honestly think I’ll greet if I see him lining up against us next season.

At least Storey is away. I’ll feel better once the club have confirmed it too, though.

Edit: I’d like to hope that Caldwell didn’t know Doolan was away yet and didn’t just refuse to give him 10 minutes at the end to be a dick, but who knows.

13 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

It's like the end of a panto when the baddy comes out, takes a bow, and you find yourself having a degree of affection for him.

But..... FEENEESHED

It is quite a nice message and I felt slightly guilty but it passed. Quickly. 

29 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Vintage Thistle where the fans find out who’s staying/leaving via the players social media before the official site puts something up :rolleyes:

Would you rather the club tell the fans first and the players find out on twitter?