The Partick Thistle thread

Last year the cull was announced on the Friday night after the Livi game on the Sunday but I don't think we offered a deal to anyone who was out of contract except Bannigan, plus there would have been a couple of days where the manager's future was decided. 

I'd think probably by the end of the week those definitley going will have been made public and deals offered to a few. 

Edited by Fuctifano

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

McDonald was excellent and will be missed.

Rather than faff around and sign some lower league haddie we could maybe try playing Coulibaly instead.

You think the club should pay £1 million to play Coulibaly?! I suspect his contract issues with FIFA had something to do with his lack of game time after he recovered from injury.

How has Shea Gordon been with Thistle? He seemed to be one of the top performers at motherwell u20s, made a few first team appearances and was sent out on loan with a view to getting him up to speed (Hastie style) seems to have done okay since coming back into the frame after a 6 month lay off.

You think the club should pay £1 million to play Coulibaly?! I suspect his contract issues with FIFA had something to do with his lack of game time after he recovered from injury.

Don’t think it was anything to do with that considering he was playing for the reserves. Probably more to do with Caldwell impressed by him in training or taking digs at him on Twitter.

How has Shea Gordon been with Thistle? He seemed to be one of the top performers at motherwell u20s, made a few first team appearances and was sent out on loan with a view to getting him up to speed (Hastie style) seems to have done okay since coming back into the frame after a 6 month lay off.

Scored a couple of goals in the past few games but I’ve not been impressed. Game passes him by so much that you forget he’s playing.

19 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Had a couple of games where he made a positive impact, but more often than not he’s completely anonymous out there. Would be shocked if Motherwell offer him a new deal, and disappointed if we do, as I feel there will be much better options available this summer.

Edited by Nightmare

Sad to see him go but it well and truly protects his legacy instead of staying another season and potentially having another poor season like this one. One of my absolute favourites ever to wear the shirt, can't fault the guy on or off the pitch. Thank you Doolan. 

I’m absolutely gutted he has gone. I wanted to retain him as a player/coach. We all know he had a poor season by his standards, but it would be foolish to write him off completely.

I sincerely hope it was a simple case of him wishing to seek a move elsewhere to guarantee regular first team football. It would be beyond disgraceful if he was forced out or if he left on bad terms, especially in his testimonial year.

In twenty-odd years of following Thistle he is undoubtedly my favourite ever player. I remember his first goal and his last. A quality player who was nothing but a credit to the club. Whoever signs him and I suspect it will be Ayr Utd, will still have a superb player on their books.

Now excuse me, I’m away to cry.

I think it's the right time tbh. If it was planned though then not giving him the last 5-10mins at Palmerston when we're 3-0 and cruising is pretty shite. 

Plus Ad Lib being furious for the entire summer should be entertaining. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Plus Ad Lib being furious for the entire summer should be entertaining. 

I am now boycotting Firhill until Jacqui Low personally apologises to Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine for how she let Gary Caldwell treat them.

I would think if it had been Doolan's decision there would have been a "statement from Kris Doolan" piece on the OS explaining that with a heavy heart he's decided to move on for first team football (there might be one put up now as damage limitation).