The Partick Thistle thread

51 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Is it not the case that he has a very good job and only wants to play part time football?

In the past he said he didn't think he was good enough for the Championship.

I’m hoping that Caldwell gets at least the brunt of his business done early doors, as that was one of Archie’s biggest failings. He didn’t waste much time in January, so hopefully he acts similarly this summer.

I think we should go for Balatoni and/or Lyle Taylor myself.

In all seriousness, I have a lot of faith in Caldwell with this regard.  Archie acted quickly in some cases, but I don't think we ever went into the final days of transfer windows properly ready.  We were always panic signing right at the end, and how many of those actually worked out?  Caldwell's work in the January window bodes well - if he can get rid of some of the players that have contributed to this shit-show of a season, and get a rocket up the rest of them, while adding quality like he has already, we should be in a good position to challenge next season.  

Losing McDonald and/ or Spittal will be a big blow to our attack. Was impressed with Caldwell’s business in January though, even the young players like McMillan and Mansell had a positive impact (bar Roy), so feeling pretty hopeful he’ll do well over the summer window.

If Doolan had only been here for a couple of years would he be offered a new deal based on his performances this season?

Not a chance. I don’t think he will be and based on this season’s performances that’s fair.

Gonna be awks when he plays his testimonial as a Morton / Ayr  / whoever player.

If he’s released I can see McCall trying to bring him in. Not sure if I’d be overly keen on having him tbh.

I've no evidence on the Tidser deal but it would be reasonable to think the deal would collapse or something in his agreement to pull out if they ended up in League 1 as i don't see Falkirk paying big wages to him now they are relegated anyway and have to trim down their wage bill, and he would be a decent signing for is if possible and if we act quick cos there are other admirers of his out there on the championship.

Tidser’s made it known post match on Sat he’ll be playing in the Championship or above nxt season.

If he’s released I can see McCall trying to bring him in. Not sure if I’d be overly keen on having him tbh.

Fully expect him to be playing for Ayr next season.

If that's the case then I'd expect him to be a Thistle player next season.

The furore over Erskine's departure is highly amusing in retrospect. He's gone from being a bit-part player at Thistle to a bit-part player at Livingston who's experienced a win on just two occasions.

28 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

If that's the case then I'd expect him to be a Thistle player next season.

The furore over Erskine's departure is highly amusing in retrospect. He's gone from being a bit-part player at Thistle to a bit-part player at Livingston who's experienced a win on just two occasions.

Some fun facts for the close season.

Thistle with Erskine 16pts from 21 games. Thistle without Erskine 27pts from 15 games

Livvy with Erskine 14 pts from 15 games. Livvy without Erskine 30 pts from 21 games.

Kris seems to be a pretty level headed guy, with his additional coaching role at Firhill, I cannot see him prioritising a move elsewhere rather than remain with us to progress with his badges.

This would obviously depend on what the Club want to do. With his testimonial arranged, I think it unlikely that they would not offer a deal. What these terms would be though may not make these choices easy for Kris.

Did he already take a pay cut last year?