Jump to content

Partick Thistle 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Got to say, that leak has all the marks of something John Hughes would have done when we got relegated. Still think Partick should be fine though. Even if they do go down, it wouldn't come into the top 3 embarrassing relegations at this level.

To misquote John Lennon, it wouldn’t even be the worst Thistle back-to-back relegation from this division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Don’t actually see any issue with this - biggest game of our season, it’s worth the players having a think about who they want in there with them fighting for survival and maybe having a wee reflection on how many of their teammates would choose them. May not have any major impact but the only embarrassing thing about it is that one of our players thought it would be a good laugh to leak it. Arsehole.

No issue with your manager asking his team to pick the starting 11.......... your manager! He should surely have a starting 11 in mind and tactics to work on this week for an away fixture against a team he should know pretty well by now, what a riddy!

Just when I thought JJ was a hopeless buffoon the bold Caldwell comes along and smashes it right oot the park.

Some lad!

 

EDIT - Still think you's will be safe lads!

Edited by M0rtonfc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

No issue with your manager asking his team to pick the starting 11.......... your manager! He should surely have a starting 11 in mind and tactics to work on this week for an away fixture against a team he should know pretty well by now, what a riddy!

Just when I thought JJ was a hopeless buffoon the bold Caldwell comes along and smashes it right oot the park.

Some lad!

That's the thing though,  if the players' choices were secret  Caldwell can field any team he likes, and if they lose he can say it was the team selection made by the players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's the thing though,  if the players' choices were secret  Caldwell can field any team he likes, and if they lose he can say it was the team selection made by the players. 

Caldwell is a bloody genius!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a general tactic going into a relegation battle I dont have a massive issue with it. It's essentially the management team trying to figure out who the players trust and, more importantly, who they dont trust.

The timing of it, however, is just bizarre. Might have made more sense a month or so ago before the run-in.

Would guess (hope?) that neither Harkins nor Storey featured much on those lists. A man who can't run and a man who can only run. As far away from the starting XI as possible please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, M0rtonfc said:

Caldwell is a bloody genius!

His press conferences and signing Harkins would dispute that but I would say in all seriousness that  imo the best bit  business done by any manager in this division in January (or whenever it was) was signing Scott McDonald. He's given them some hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

As a general tactic going into a relegation battle I dont have a massive issue with it. It's essentially the management team trying to figure out who the players trust and, more importantly, who they dont trust.

The timing of it, however, is just bizarre. Might have made more sense a month or so ago before the run-in.

Would guess (hope?) that neither Harkins nor Storey featured much on those lists. A man who can't run and a man who can only run. As far away from the starting XI as possible please.

Hardly a good basis for positive team spirit if there are suspicions that you weren't wanted by your teammates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...