The Partick Thistle thread

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well played today Thistle.

Better all over the park than our rabble.

Hope we play you in the league next season but anything but confident. :(

Only game we've dominated all season. 

Heard Chick Young (I know!!) imply that Kenny Miller might end up at Firhill next season.
It seemed to be based on no more than Miller's friendship with Caldwell but I would be more than happy to see him at Firhill next season.

It seemed to be based on no more than Miller's friendship with Caldwell but I would be more than happy to see him at Firhill next season.
I absolutely wouldn't want Miller at firhill next season. Can't get in a rotten Dundee team and long past his best. When you look at his scoring record as well it isn't actually that good

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
14 minutes ago, Walter said:

I absolutely wouldn't want Miller at firhill next season. Can't get in a rotten Dundee team and long past his best. When you look at his scoring record as well it isn't actually that good

I'd be happy to have Miller at Firhill next season, Especially if McDonald stays. McDonald Miller and Doolan would be fantastic options to have.

Popping in to congratulate the Glasgow's soundest club on their survival.  putitthere.png.2170c7824874f2cf3fc4afedc096417c.png

We've got back one of our best away days next season in the shape of Ross County, but we need the days out in the West End to return to the top flight ASAP. Make us dream, Jags.

2 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Kenny Miller lol

Surprised you’ve bothered to show up in this thread after yet another year of miserably failing to predict the outcome of a Partick Thistle season, you utter fucking zoomer.

3 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

I'd be happy to have Miller at Firhill next season, Especially if McDonald stays. McDonald Miller and Doolan would be fantastic options to have.

not keen on the thought of that, tbh.

Also reckon its safe to say now that the whole envelope thing was a storm in a teacup. I get the impression professional football in Scotland can be a pretty weird environment* with the envelope idea being pretty tame against that backdrop, and it always sounded to me like in the grand scheme of things it was a harmless enough idea to give Caldwell a bit of ammo to build confidence ahead of the match.

Don't think I'd have cited it as a factor if we got humped either, tbh.

Sounds like the players were up for it, so credit to them and Caldwell/Kerr all round for an important individual game we had to win to guarantee safety.

I give the season a C-. Got way further in the Scottish Cup than I thought we would, including taking Hearts to a replay, and promotion was never guaranteed when we went down from the top flight. The expectation on here always seemed to be that automatic promotion was out of our reach but that we should have targeted going up through the playoffs, and not only did we miss out on them outright we were left scrapping it out to avoid another double relegation. The league was extremely tight around the bottom 5 for quite a long time though without any real league whipping boys, so credit where its due to the likes of Ayr and Alloa. QotS seem like they're the closest thing to league whipping boys but even at that it's more just that their form took a dramatic nosedive. 

*thanks, P&B.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

47 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Surprised you’ve bothered to show up in this thread after yet another year of miserably failing to predict the outcome of a Partick Thistle season, you utter fucking zoomer.

Dont be blinkered Millars a wrong un good friend, he could FEENEESH you guys next season ffs . . 

p01lz1hw.jpg

Edited by Paul Cicero