The Partick Thistle thread

To rent. They're not asking for a freebie. I can only assume there will be is a busload of Lyle Taylors arriving this week.

I didn't say they were asking for freebies from the fans. Just pointing out how fucking amateur it is.

What was the name of the big Algerian(?) guy who was on trial last season? Played beside Osman against Dumbarton.

Hamza Bencharif I believe although not 100% on the spelling. He was shite.

I said on here at the time Osman wasn't any better than what we had though so that shows i know absolutely f**k all.

Thinking back to that time last season we had only signed Stevenson, had Carl Magnay, Darren Barr and Jordan Mustoe on trial and panic had set in because Jim Paterson was being touted as our new left back.

In the grand scheme of things 1300 season tickets is a better worry to have than any of that lot.

Hamza Bencherif.

Cheers that was it. Plays with Lincoln City in the Conference leagues now. He was brutal, miles behind play and the only time he did anything was when he sliced through one of their players.

Hamza Bencharif I believe although not 100% on the spelling. He was shite.

I said on here at the time Osman wasn't any better than what we had though so that shows i know absolutely f**k all.

Osman was one we had been looking at for a while I think, rather than being a regular trialist.

Edit: What a shit bunch of trialists we had last year. That Mustoe was here for about a month then we finally decided he was pish. Somehow he got a 2 year deal in the Belgian top flight.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

To be fair to Archie, the players he has targeted and signed without faffing about have been decent largely, but call me cynical when I say another summer of chopping and changing trialists before panicking on diddies like Mark Kerr and Nathan Eccleston doesn't seem a sure fire formula for success....

Edited by Snakebite

It's the desperation seeping out of the season ticket statements that are unsettling me.

I'm not sure that's desperation, HJ. More a straight statement of the facts from the club.

Does anyone know if this 1300 figure is better or worse than that of this time last year? Is it right to assume that the club is in a panic about season ticket sales? If we're going to ask questions then one I'd like asked is why our club's core support is falling (given the statement from Firhill and accompanying shrieking) and how best to address it.

The past couple of years, despite the downs, have been good. I would hate to think Thistle has simply become moribund and a victim of forces it can't control or compete with.

To be fair to Archie, the players he has targeted and signed without faffing about have been decent largely, but call me cynical when I say another summer of chopping and changing trialists before panicking on diddies like Mark Kerr and Nathan Eccleston doesn't seem a sure fire formula for success....

John Baird was signed "without faffing about" and his 2 year contracted was terminated after a few months. Forbes was also paid off after signing a new deal.

A TAG recent article said that, since last autumn, the club has established a scouting network to support the management team. Kevin Dillon has a leading role. The scouts should have to identified possible replacements, including loans, for the players that have left. There are plenty of free agents looking for clubs and so there should be some decent trialists at Bisham Abbey.

The big problem could be playing budget and the wages that the club can offer to targets. If season tickets sales are down significantly, there will be cash-flow problems. They could delay signings and targets could go to other clubs.

Teaser of the kit posted on the official Twitter. All red around the badge, so possibly hoops again this year? Doesn't look like stripes unless they're very thick.

CIvYBjpWIAAMMs2.jpg

I'm not sure I'm ready for Joma's take on hoops. I'm getting nervous.

Edited by Slacker

Teaser of the kit posted on the official Twitter. All red around the badge, so possibly hoops again this year? Doesn't look like stripes unless they're very thick.

Yes. It does look like that. Hopefully, you're right as I prefer hoops.

The new sponsor's logo on a broad red hoop would look good too.