The Partick Thistle thread

Not to in any way diminish McMillan's achievement I'd be interested to know how many of his assists have been the result of Lawless creating space on the right hand side and/or finding McMillan on the overlap. They seem to have struck up a very quick understanding possibly helped by their time at Livi together too. SO'D and ATS obviously both had this in 12-13 too although at that point our attacking movement was more primarily focused around the Erskine/Lawless/Doolan trio. What's especially impressive about McMillan and Milne is that they manage this while still being defensively very capable.

All the post-match updates in place via the home page →

:detective:  CARD HAPPY

Kris Doolan's Jags have yet to concede a first-half goal in their 5 games.
● Almost pleasingly, Stuart Bannigan marks his 350th major competitive appearance with a booking, the first of his testimonial year.
● 6 Jagsmen are booked for the first time since a League game at Celtic Park in Dec 2017, Alan Muir the ref on both occasions. It's the first time we've seen 10 players booked since a 2-2 League draw at Fir Park way back in January 2003.
Dougie Imrie follows his managerial red card vs Thistle with a yellow card against Thistle just 2 months later, Alan Muir the ref both times. Of course, he was also sent off as a player against Thistle. A unique set!
Kris Doolan remains unbeaten in his first 5 competitive matches. Only Alan Archibald (10) has been on a longer run at the beginning of a managerial tenureship.

ongoing sequences:
● 38 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Jamie Sneddon - 41 games, 28th Aug 2021 to 9th Jul 2022. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
Edited by The Thistle Archive

Disappointing to draw, especially when it seems like a game that we could have won, but ultimately it’s another point and a continuation of Doolan’s unbeaten record.  

It’s games like this, and the Arbroath one, that McCall was losing.  He said something about us not getting enough draws, and weird though it sounds - he wasn’t wrong.  A successful season is about drawing the games you might have lost, and winning the games you might have drawn.  Sometimes by luck, through dark arts, or just s**** football, whatever it takes.  I totally thought we’d lose at Cappielow, so I’m content. 

Anyone know roughly how many fans we took there?

12 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Officials are killing us , some decisions are totally baffling 

It's pretty much the same for everyone - the standard of refereeing in the Championship this year has been chronic. 10 cards on the pitch on Saturday was a joke. It wasn't a dirty, brutal game by any stretch of the imagination - plus the constant delays and stops/starts only served to contribute further to what sounded like a pretty dour game. A lot of supporters believe that a significant cause of this is that the best and most experienced refs have all been swallowed up as VAR officials - maybe they're right.

15 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Officials are killing us , some decisions are totally baffling 

Referees have been dreadful of late at our level but it’s not specific to us - fans of most clubs would give a similar account.

Edited by JagsCG

24 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Referees have been dreadful of late at our level but it’s not specific to us - fans of most club’s would give a similar account.

Yeah, I can't say I've ever seen us in a game where I've thought we specifically were wronged (or the opponent really).  It's always a very creative performance that both teams can have issue with.

Is that James McFadden's son playing for our reserves or just a coincidental name (or a near 40 year old James McFadden coming out of retirement I guess is theoretically possible but I would suggest unlikely)? 

Obviously aware we've got Neil Lennon's son playing. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Is that James McFadden's son playing for our reserves or just a coincidental name (or a near 40 year old James McFadden coming out of retirement I guess is theoretically possible but I would suggest unlikely)? 

Obviously aware we've got Neil Lennon's son playing. 

Aye it's James' son, also called James.

ETA: From our bench Mason McCready's dad having a Super Bowl ring > > > > McFadden's dad playing for Scotland.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

On 13/03/2023 at 08:01, Chippyminton said:

It's pretty much the same for everyone - the standard of refereeing in the Championship this year has been chronic. 10 cards on the pitch on Saturday was a joke. It wasn't a dirty, brutal game by any stretch of the imagination - plus the constant delays and stops/starts only served to contribute further to what sounded like a pretty dour game. A lot of supporters believe that a significant cause of this is that the best and most experienced refs have all been swallowed up as VAR officials - maybe they're right.

I'm prepared to be wrong about this but I don't think I am. Alan Muir is the current longest serving Category 1 referee