The Partick Thistle thread

On this day 1963... over 120 SFL fixtures were now backlogged due to the 'Big Freeze'. Thistle were back in League action for the first time since New Years Day. Amazingly, goalie George Niven broke his wrist on the 1st January, but recovered in time for this next League game! 17,238 were at Love Street to see if the Jags could go top of the League in March. So close, but not quite...

St Mirren vs Partick Thistle, 2nd March 1963 →

1963-03-02-sc3.jpg

22 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Post-match updates in place Dundee 1 Partick Thistle 3 →

:detective:  BRIAN GRAHAM INTO THE ALL-TIME TOP 50

● Thistle have led Dundee at half-time in all 3 League games this season.
● With his latest brace, Brian Graham (now on 44) moves into the all-time Top 50 competitive goals chart, overtaking Gerry Britton who was previously 50th with 43 goals.
Harry Milne notches his 5th goal of the season, good going from the left-back position. 3 of these have came against Dundee. He scored his first Thistle goal at home to the Dark Blues and his latest away to them.
Kris Doolan is the 7th Partick Thistle manager to remain unbeaten in his first 3 competitive matches, and is the first to do so since Alan Archibald in 2013.
Kris Doolan has won 7 away points in 3 games. This compares favourably to Ian McCall's 10 away points all season!
● Thistle have won 5 of their last 7 games at Dens Park. The overall H2H is currently running 15 games without a draw.

ongoing sequences:

● 36 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Jamie Sneddon - 41 games, 28th Aug 2021 to 9th Jul 2022. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

I spotted a couple of very small errors in the latest match hub for the Dundee game, which I know you’ll want to be 100% accurate. 

On the post-match quotes you’ve attributed them to ‘caretaker manager Ian McCall’

Harry Milne’s goal was scored in the 80th minute(as per referee report) rather than the 84th.

Scott Tiffoney and Brian Graham’s exits from the pitch are the wrong way round(Tiffoney was originally signalled to go off by the sub board but Brian came off instead as he was gubbed and Tiffoney followed a few moments later).

Harry Milne wasn’t booked.

2 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I spotted a couple of very small errors in the latest match hub for the Dundee game, which I know you’ll want to be 100% accurate. 

On the post-match quotes you’ve attributed them to ‘caretaker manager Ian McCall’

Harry Milne’s goal was scored in the 80th minute(as per referee report) rather than the 84th.

Scott Tiffoney and Brian Graham’s exits from the pitch are the wrong way round(Tiffoney was originally signalled to go off by the sub board but Brian came off instead as he was gubbed and Tiffoney followed a few moments later).

Absolutely, thank you, duly amended. The first two were already noted and queued for a re-upload, we'd never have known about the fake news subs and yellow.

The big guy must have been knacked to sub himself off on a hat-trick!

If anyone else spots any errors in the Archive please do get in touch → for the good of us all ; - )

12 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

And we had 49% ball possession ans Dundee had  51% - just guessing

(BBC showed Jsgs 9% Dundee 91%)

It was always going to be Doolan until the end of the season. Surprised he’s been made permanent as quickly. Also strange there’s no comment on how long his contract is for.

Strange they didn't say it was until end of season then take stock? That certainly seemed the consensus of fans I've talked to or interacted with on social media.

I think this is a bit hasty - on the assumption it's beyond the end of the season- but as I mentioned before it does allow us to at least plan for next season if so. 

Edit : would be some laugh if he binned Bannigan halfway through his testimonial year. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Refreshing to see you have gone down this route rather than appoint one of the usual suspects (who have failed elsewhere). Club legend, hope it works out for him except, obviously, against us. 

Strange they haven’t announced length of contract but it’s a no brainer for me. He has revitalised a struggling team. Think most fans thought we were out of things after the back to back defeats against Hamilton and Cove but a victory tomorrow, in what will be a tough game, will really put us back in the mix especially with QP playing Mutton! March will be crucial with Roath Ravers, Mutton, Dungdee and ICT on the agenda. No easy games there!!

Edited by Sting777

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I think this is a bit hasty - on the assumption it's beyond the end of the season- but as I mentioned before it does allow us to at least plan for next season if so. 

Edit : would be some laugh if he binned Bannigan halfway through his testimonial year. 

Laughed out loud at this.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Has the length of contract been mentioned anywhere?

I hope I'm wrong, but really not sure Dools is the right man long term. Fine til end of the season, but would have prefered someone else in tbh.

No, but then McCall’s wasn’t either was it? 

I'm in the camp of " I don't want him getting the job cos when it goes wrong, I personally don't want to give him grief cos he was a legend" but I've thought more on it & he seems to talk well when asked anything but the defining thing will be his signings. 

Always remember no matter what manager or what team it is, all managers can't last forever at one team, the greatest managers in the world get sacked or move on if they do well at a certain level.

So on that thought I'm willing to get right behind Dools and forget all the usual shite managerial merry go round & look forward to the future, c'mon the jags