The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

There's a bit of a gap between being well enough to play professional football and being well enough to eat your dinner, no? 

There's probably a bit to factor in around being wise enough not to stick it on Instagram, but he's hardly been spotted tanning jaegerbombs at 4pm half a mile from Firhill. 

Well you can certainly feel better later in the day after feeling rotten that morning or the day before.

Could have been the case the club told him to stay away but then when your team has just lamely lost to the club bottom of the league minds drift to worst case scenario.

All a bit strange.

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Out in Finnieston with his missus on the same day he's too ill to be in a squad with a bench of teenagers.

FnolYT6WYAEY28b?format=jpg&name=large

I think it's his birthday today.

Not smart on optics, but perfectly plausible that someone has a mild enough illness that the medical advice is to rest, but that they're well enough for dinner out.

1 hour ago, chattyman said:

Might be some truth in that, heard he had hit the huff because Sneddon is number 1

Was all for giving Mitchell a chance at the start of the season but given some of his performances I’m not sure he can really complain about losing the jersey, Sneddon hasn’t done too much wrong since he got it back either. Mitchell has been No.2 for the majority of his career above L1 level and I think he showed why. 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

Is Wright still contracted to Rangers 

Yes. Until the summer.

Did anyone see what happened to Docherty towards the end of the Hamilton game? Took a heavy fall with the Hamilton player landing on top of him, looked like he dislocated his shoulder and I was quite surprised to see him come back on. Ran around awkwardly with his arm by his side for the few minutes until the end of the game. Hope he is ok.

2 hours ago, Jgs said:

Did anyone see what happened to Docherty towards the end of the Hamilton game? Took a heavy fall with the Hamilton player landing on top of him, looked like he dislocated his shoulder and I was quite surprised to see him come back on. Ran around awkwardly with his arm by his side for the few minutes until the end of the game. Hope he is ok.

I was thinking the same and didn't think it was wise for him to get back on the pitch. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it wasn't as bad as it looked but he was certainly in a lot of pain. 

8 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

I would have thought strikers would be more important to Thistle when you read their injury list? 

We generally only play one striker, and have Graham, Dowds and Mullen already.

Obviously after Graham the other two haven’t shown much, but there were definitely more pressing quality/depth issues in the squad than up front.

58 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Any idea what type of defender he is?  Centre back or full back?

According to Transfermarkt, he’s a centre back that can operate at right back, however appears that every match he’s played in the Premier League reserve league this season has been at CB. 

Edited by JagsCG