The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The solidarity payment only takes into account a player’s clubs from age 12-23 (development years according to FIFA), but I don’t think there’s a subsequent age cap on when clubs are entitled to these payments. So if Nisbet transfers again 5 years down the line for £1m (from England to another jurisdiction) we would be due another development % of that transfer amount as well.

I think any subsequent moves have to be of a greater value and solidarity payments are then calculated on the difference between the two transfer fees. 

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

I think any subsequent moves have to be of a greater value and solidarity payments are then calculated on the difference between the two transfer fees. 

Ah, that does make sense tbf. I know I’ve seen them in Football Manager for transfers of older players, but have never bothered to look into the exact details of the figures involved…

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

Out in Finnieston for with his missus on the same day he's too ill to be in a squad with a bench of teenagers.

FnolYT6WYAEY28b?format=jpg&name=large

Strange behaviour from the lad. 

There's a bit of a gap between being well enough to play professional football and being well enough to eat your dinner, no? 

There's probably a bit to factor in around being wise enough not to stick it on Instagram, but he's hardly been spotted tanning jaegerbombs at 4pm half a mile from Firhill.