The Partick Thistle thread

24 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

believe its on Premier Sports (or The Artist Formerly Known As Premier Sports, think they may have rebranded?)

Viaplay. Yes, it would be a major surprise if it's not. Just wasn't sure if it's been formally confirmed. Anyway, makes no odds which channel it's on. Fee for live game is the same regardless.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd expect it to be a bit North of £200k. You'll get £24k for live tv (which I'm assuming is a given - I take it hasn't been confirmed anywhere?) I'd expect at least £250k in gate share. You'll get 38% after VAT (costs are irrelevant as such, there's an allowance in the split for costs, which is why the home team gets 57% but that actual itemised cost isn't taken into account).

Depends what the tickets sales are (not the attendance, it's not the same thing) and of course what the prices are. I reckon you'll get nearer £300k than £200k though.

It depends on how optimistic you are about the Rangers home crowd.

Looks like Nisbet is off to Millwall for £2.4m.

We’ll get another decent cash boost from that. Nowhere near what Dunfermline will get with their sell-on clause, but should be the majority of the 5% set aside for the “solidarity payment”.

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We’ll get another decent cash boost from that. Nowhere near what Dunfermline will get with their sell-on clause, but should be the majority of the 5% set aside for the “solidarity payment”.

So the lion's share of £120,000? Not bad at all.

ETA: Going by Transfermarkt solidarity payment calculator looks like £72000. Still, better than nothing. 

Edited by jagfox

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

What is a solidarity payment?

6 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Especially considering he was gash for us and us releasing him was the best thing to happen to him.

He was great in a 3-0 hounding of the Johnnies in the league cup, got a sub appearance versus Hibs then I never saw him again for the Jags.

36 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I don’t think that’ll be quite right - given it’s included Dumbarton and East Stirling but not Ayr. I’m not sure if clubs he was on loan at get a share of the payment or not - don’t see why not but he was only at each for six months so that’d be a factor too. 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think that’ll be quite right - given it’s included Dumbarton and East Stirling but not Ayr. I’m not sure if clubs he was on loan at get a share of the payment or not - don’t see why not but he was only at each for six months so that’d be a factor too. 

This will end up costing us 😂

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

He was great in a 3-0 hounding of the Johnnies in the league cup, got a sub appearance versus Hibs then I never saw him again for the Jags.

Was the other way around, he came on for Doolan at Easter Road on opening day and looked miles out of his depth then was great against St J the next midweek.

Someone posted somewhere that he never turned up for training the day after the St J game which would make sense given his own admission about attitude and diet when he was with us. 

Getting anything for him now years down the line is a bonus - is there any age cap on this solidarity payment or is he OK at 25 (26 in March)? 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Was the other way around, he came on for Doolan at Easter Road on opening day and looked miles out of his depth then was great against St J the next midweek.

Someone posted somewhere that he never turned up for training the day after the St J game which would make sense given his own admission about attitude and diet when he was with us. 

Getting anything for him now years down the line is a bonus - is there any age cap on this solidarity payment or is he OK at 25 (26 in March)? 

I think they go on as long as he moves to another FA and the fee is more than previous paid, although I think whatever is paid comes off the next transfer fee before subsequent solidarity payments are calculated  

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

The solidarity payment only takes into account a player’s clubs from age 12-23 (development years according to FIFA), but I don’t think there’s a subsequent age cap on when clubs are entitled to these payments. So if Nisbet transfers again 5 years down the line for £1m (from England to another jurisdiction) we would be due another development % of that transfer amount as well.