The Partick Thistle thread

There's still a right bunch of weirdo Jacqui sycophants in our fanbase, now coming out to say the same type of stuff they say when a manager gets sacked "who do we get to replace them now!?" it's literally just happened, settle the f**k down. 

Some of the comments have given me a right laugh though. People talking about "6 directors walking out with 6 mobile phones and all their contacts" tbh, the further away these c***s and whatever contacts they might have are, the better off we'll be. 

Honestly think some of these people believe fan ownership is Manpreet and his pals sitting in the boardroom with a cargo trying to sign players.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm going to stick my neck out and say the folk who left weren't the only Thistle fans (in some cases not Thistle fans at all) who had any business contacts.

Edited by Fuctifano

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Honestly think some of these people believe fan ownership is Manpreet and his pals sitting in the boardroom with a cargo trying to sign players.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm going to stick my neck out and say the folk who left weren't the only Thistle fans (in some cases not Thistle fans at all) who had any business contacts.

Agreed - the idea that the now-departed board were somehow all business and networking geniuses is questionable to say the least.

We've definitely lost our only disingenous, contempt-filled, fan-baiting, Dunfermline-supporting, PR disaster-mongering, failed Tory MSP candidate from the club though.

How often do we read, " But, the Directors ARE fans of [ the Club ] "

.........................book ended by, " How are Fans going to run [ the Club ] !! "

For Fan Ownership, read Community Ownership.  Directors should run organisations within the clauses of the 'Constitution' or whatever Rules are adopted.  Current Limited Models can be hidden behind, Community Ownership Models CAN ( and should ) provide a degree of Transparency.

Put the 'journalists' on the back foot.

Edited by D.Armour Appreciation Society

26 minutes ago, Airija said:

Someone else mentioned that podcast but I couldn't work out what episode it was cause I don't think it was in the title.

Don't suppose you still know?

27 Oct - "Wigan late playing players' wages again, Partick Thistle supporters'...."

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Glad to hear the board has been emptied. Was listening about it on the Price of Football podcast a few months ago and tbh surprised there wasn’t more digging done by journalists etc up here about it. Dodgy af. 

Said this more than once, the whole affair shows that the "Partick Thistle media luvvies" tag is totally false. Other than a few podcasts the only "mainstream" journalists who have shown any interest are James Cairney from the Evening Times (who has done a fantastic job) and Graeme Spiers who, err, did a podcast behind a paywall. Not a peep out of anyone else. 

The Jags Foundation nominated Board member in particular is an excellent appointment. 

To a certain extent this interim board will need to be an unifying one and I think Caroline Mackie has respect right across the Thistle support and not just limited to a particular, for want of a better word, faction. 

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

The Jags Foundation nominated Board member in particular is an excellent appointment. 

To a certain extent this interim board will need to be an unifying one and I think Caroline Mackie has respect right across the Thistle support and not just limited to a particular, for want of a better word, faction. 

Which is exactly why we nominated her. It was a total no-brainer.

Having someone we trust like Caroline in the Club Board room means that we can focus on the other side of this: the fan ownership model and the Foundation's relationship with both the Trust and the Club.

There are so many great ideas and opportunities unlocked by having a Club Board willing to work with TJF. There is a real feeling as well that the PTFC Trust trustees "get it" and that something can be thrashed out by the Working Group that all parties can work with.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Glad to hear the board has been emptied. Was listening about it on the Price of Football podcast a few months ago and tbh surprised there wasn’t more digging done by journalists etc up here about it. Dodgy af. 

As an outsider like myself, what did you think was happening? I know libel can be a concern, but I was wondering if there was speculation that board members were trying to misappropriate funds...not that anybody is, or was, accusing them of that, of course.

13 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

As an outsider like myself, what did you think was happening? I know libel can be a concern, but I was wondering if there was speculation that board members were trying to misappropriate funds...not that anybody is, or was, accusing them of that, of course.

I would need to listen to it again but it would appear Lowe tried to keep ownership of the club and went back on what Colin Weir wanted. She also refused to show the accounts to a trust when they wanted to view them before taking ownership on which is just plain mental to expect a group of people to take on a business not knowing what health its currently in. Obviously nothing has come out of it since but it certainly doesn’t look good regardless. There will be Patrick fans on here who will know way more and happy to be corrected if Ive got it wrong.

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

I would need to listen to it again but it would appear Lowe tried to keep ownership of the club and went back on what Colin Weir wanted. She also refused to show the accounts to a trust when they wanted to view them before taking ownership on which is just plain mental to expect a group of people to take on a business not knowing what health its currently in. Obviously nothing has come out of it since but it certainly doesn’t look good regardless. There will be Patrick fans on here who will know way more and happy to be corrected if Ive got it wrong.

I think, iirc, The Jags Foundation had requested even some sort of cursory look at the books (under supervision?), but were told by the club that was going to be a red line as the share transfer was a gift, therefore absolutely no form of due diligence would be needed. TJF acquiesced on that to keep moving forward, im sure.

Funnily enough the club were quite happy to give the exact financial information that TJF had requested to the PTFC Trust... gift or no gift.

Edit; think the trust structure was pretty much drawn up wholly by the club itself and all - which is not exactly fan driven.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely