The Partick Thistle thread

31 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Will never happen unfortunately but if they are looking for a supporter to be chairman don't think you would get more unified fans backing than for James Cairney 

I'll settle for someone who isnt a deluded, lying, bitter Tory c**t.

Hope the 7 of them have a truly shite christmas.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I know it’s probably not top priority, but genuinely, rename the ‘Alan Rough Lounge’ as soon as possible. The guy’s a fucking c**t. 

Crossed my mind too. Did Davie McParland ever get a tribute?

Can anyone explain what's happening?

I watched some of the YouTube show, and they're claiming Colin Weir didn't want fan ownership:

From 5:30

Did Colin Weir not want fan ownership? That wouldn't make sense to me, but then I have no idea.

The suggestion is apparently collusion between the Foundation and the Trust to achieve that. Again, I don't have a scoobie and am just being nosy. 

59 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Will never happen unfortunately but if they are looking for a supporter to be chairman don't think you would get more unified fans backing than for James Cairney 

What credentials has he got for the role?

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

Can anyone explain what's happening?

I watched some of the YouTube show, and they're claiming Colin Weir didn't want fan ownership:

From 5:30

Did Colin Weir not want fan ownership? That wouldn't make sense to me, but then I have no idea.

The suggestion is apparently collusion between the Foundation and the Trust to achieve that. Again, I don't have a scoobie and am just being nosy. 

Having watched it the point Rough makes is that Colin Weir's wishes weren't fan ownership and a club run by the fans which wasn't on the table anyway.

There will be fan representation on the club's BoD (probably more than anticipated by any party) but the football board will be separate from whatever fan board rises from the ashes. 

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

That was the worry I was alluding to earlier, the good thing I guess is that they've moved on relatively* quickly and there isn't enough time for them to cause more damage.

*Since the share transfer, this should have been sorted months if not years ago.

Hopeful its just that their planned structure for trust beneficiaries ended up unworkable due to GDPR (going purely off that recent tjf statement about it) and theyve called it quits, today was some kind of deadline for opt in/out/all about i think?

Edit: checked, aye deadline was today

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

My thoughts when I saw Keredine's tweet since reinforced by that video are the trust has moved and the board have walked rather than see the foundation involved again. I thought the trust's last(ish) statement sounded like the right words with nothing to back it up but maybe not.

Seems to me the trust have responded to the pressure and protest, are moving on some of the red lines and its a jump before you're pushed situation for the board.

If that's the case I'd at least be willing to say the trustees have listened and should be heard out for now.

My guess is some form of joint statement and plan is in the works. Especially since our resident TJF board member hasn't appeared.

22 minutes ago, Airija said:

My thoughts when I saw Keredine's tweet since reinforced by that video are the trust has moved and the board have walked rather than see the foundation involved again. I thought the trust's last(ish) statement sounded like the right words with nothing to back it up but maybe not.

Seems to me the trust have responded to the pressure and protest, are moving on some of the red lines and its a jump before you're pushed situation for the board.

If that's the case I'd at least be willing to say the trustees have listened and should be heard out for now.

My guess is some form of joint statement and plan is in the works. Especially since our resident TJF board member hasn't appeared.

Maybe I'm hopelessly naive but this was my take when I saw the news. Here's hoping. 

The appropriate comment and statements will come over the next few days, on several important matters. It wouldn’t be right for me to give a running commentary on the events of recent days, and those comments and statements will come out through the right channels.

All I will say is this: the Thistle support aren’t daft, and include a lot of very good people. People with their heads and their hearts in the right places.

We are going to need them. And I am confident they will step up.

since Low is out, i guess i can finally lift my boycott and return to subjecting myself to Thistle's on-field antics at Firhill.

Of course, there's a week and a bit before the next home game, which is plenty of time for it all to come crashing down again. I expect the p***ks left the heating on in the boardroom when they left and the club will be bankrupt by the 17th.