The Partick Thistle thread

- Throw the Trust under the bus for not communicating properly.

- Blame the fans for harming the club and the budget.

- Bare-faced lie about the share transfer being done in secret so as not to distract the team who were on a poor run of form on the pitch (utter bollocks because we were playing really well when all the Trust business appeared).

Full Jacqui Low bingo card going on in this interview. Lies, blame shifting, making excuses and then trying to play the sympathy card.

She’s dangerous and delusional. f**k off, Low.

The absolute brass neck to accuse fans of damaging the club. If she would just fuckoff and take the PTFC Trust with her, this all goes away. If she actually cares about the club and what fans think, she will resign. 

Also, to use "It is a group of people in one bit of the ground" is nonsense, I joined the protest on Saturday and had a chat with various people, a fair amount indicated they were JHS season tickets and also mentioned people they'd normally attend with decided not to attend the game instead of protest. 

But what I would say is there is a Trust there that’s going to be talking to us in the next couple of weeks, so why don’t they direct their concerns – because there must be concerns if you’re shouting for the board and me to go.

Because your hand-picked Trust don't reply to messages, Jacqui.  And because they should have been consulting fans for many months and in great depth before accepting shares on behalf of the fans.

“That [the boycott] makes me sad because what it does is it takes money away from the club. And it damages the club. I don’t think even the loudest critic in the fanbase wants to damage the club. But by calling for a boycott, it means money comes out the budget.

You mean, like turning down the monthly monies of over 900 fans who have actively signed up to TJF to support a fan-owned club, Jacqui?

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm greatly enjoying these James Cairney series of interviews where he just lets people speak and make c***s of themselves. It's like a Scottish football version of Louis Theroux.

As someone who has been interviewed by James Cairney in this saga, I resemble that remark! :D 

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm greatly enjoying these James Cairney series of interviews where he just lets people speak and make c***s of themselves. It's like a Scottish football version of Louis Theroux.

He deserves a lot credit for his professional conduct throughout this sorry affair. 

From Part 2 of the interview:

I have never said this before but I am going to say it now – for some people, women in football are not where they should be. Some of it – some of it – has focused on that.

You think some of the criticism aimed at you is misogynistic?

Yeah, I do. I do.

And there it is. The full house.

Definitely misogyny. As long as she had a cock and balls, we'd all be absolutely fine with this. Not as if there are any men (definitely not any that go by the name of Gerry Britton) involved that Thistle fans have been calling for the head of as well.

On 27/11/2022 at 20:56, Ad Lib said:

The beneficiaries of the trust (season ticket-holders of three years standing) have no meaningful legal or democratic rights under the trust deed, because the trustees can routinely overrule them.

The Trust doesn't even know how many beneficiaries it has, let alone who they are, because of a GDPR problem.

Been trying to get up to speed with all the shenanigans at Firhill after our incredibly uninspiring Scottish cup draw last night and this is the bit I can't get my head around.

Are you saying that beneficiaries of the Trust are just anyone who's had a season ticket for more than three years? That seems strange in itself, presumably you'll have folk who have no idea they are a beneficiary?

My knowledge of how trusts work isn't great, but the fact that these trustees have been able to gain control of the trust (and through this the club) without even the knowledge of the beneficiaries just smacks of terrible governance from the top to bottom. But I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you this.

What happens in the unlikely event that the Trust makes a barrow load of cash through it's ownership of the club?

Anyway, onwards to dreich January and a pretty dismal affair between a home team in turmoil playing a stodgy away side. 0-0.

https://www.youtube.com/live/xJNO_ebwCIE?feature=share

Apologies in advance for ruining anyone’s day by suggesting they listen to even a second worth of dirge from “PLZ Soccer”, but there’s a wee sentence or two from Thistle “legend” Alan Rough at 29.15 which may be of some interest.

Cheers for adding more numbers to the TJF cause, Rough, you clown.

Edited by Nightmare

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Apologies in advance for ruining anyone’s day by suggesting they listen to even a second worth of dirge from “PLZ Soccer”, but there’s a wee sentence or two from Thistle “legend” Alan Rough at 29.15 which may be of some interest.

That was a tough watch. Was a boyhood hero of mine. That patter was rank f‘n rotten.  

7 hours ago, par-adise said:

Been trying to get up to speed with all the shenanigans at Firhill after our incredibly uninspiring Scottish cup draw last night and this is the bit I can't get my head around.

Are you saying that beneficiaries of the Trust are just anyone who's had a season ticket for more than three years? That seems strange in itself, presumably you'll have folk who have no idea they are a beneficiary?

Loads. Most folk will know if they’ve held a season ticket in this and the previous two seasons (though with the Covid affected season even that isn’t clear). But the Trust has been so inactive since 2019, not holding regular and expected elections, and it always used to rely on the Club emailing anything they wanted to say to the beneficiaries.

My knowledge of how trusts work isn't great, but the fact that these trustees have been able to gain control of the trust (and through this the club) without even the knowledge of the beneficiaries just smacks of terrible governance from the top to bottom. But I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you this.

Join the whole room of floor adjacent jaws accumulated from explaining this story to outsiders.

What happens in the unlikely event that the Trust makes a barrow load of cash through it's ownership of the club?

Theoretically it could distribute dividends to beneficiaries, or distribute the proceeds of selling the shares to the beneficiaries.

If it actually knew who they were!

Anyway, onwards to dreich January and a pretty dismal affair between a home team in turmoil playing a stodgy away side. 0-0.

f**k that Mon eh Jags.

31 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The director of the club's reaction to Saturday's protest cutting to "Roughie's" opinion.

This situation keeps getting better and better.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

😐

downplaying it as just being about 30 people outside/up at the canal ignores

i) the marches around the ground pre-match

ii) the sparsity of the North Stand, couldn't see what the JHS was like but given the quoted attendance I'm going to hazard a guess it was poor there too.

iii) 30 iirc is a bit off the mark, quite a few were sort of obscured/standing behind each other, would guess it was closer to 40, at least for the first half.

iv) a club like Thistle really can't afford to ignore it when even roughly (pun loosely intended) 40 fans would rather stand outside in poor weather conditions out of protest than pay in to the ground - and again, that's ignoring i) and ii).

Laughing about not having to see them when it got dark is just going to get peoples backs up and try to make it even more visible next time.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Our crowd on Saturday was almost 20% less than our previous lowest crowd EVER in the Scottish Cup, that's completely unheard of. Here's the lineup from that previous all time low just for comparison:

Colin Stewart

Grant Murray

Mark Smyth

David Craig

Billy Gibson

Ricky Gillies

Jimmy Gibson

Darren Brady

Sean Kilgannon

Mark Roberts

Stephen McConalogue.

If PTFC Directors are treating such obvious warning signs about the dangers the club faces as so trivial (I refuse to listen to the remarks to be honest) then they are actively failing their responsibilities to the club.