The Partick Thistle thread

Dreadful interview by Britton on Sportsound pre-match where he wasn't challenged at all, albeit I guess whoever it was interviewing him isn't clued up on the goings on at Firhill.

No mention from him he was a trustee on the PTFC Trust at the time the trust board appointed the current trustees,  claimed the protest today was organised by a supporters' group, seemed to claim the pace of the share transfer is the main issue fans have with all of this and claimed the club board had no involvement in the discussions between 3BC and TJF or the Trust without mentioning the fact the club chairman is a director of 3BC.

Took in today’s game with my son, as by the time Coaching duties were finished, I couldn’t get up to Inverness.

Really hope you can sort this out Jags fans. I’m not a fan of fan ownership and won’t pretend to know what is going on at your club, but for your sake, I hope you can sort it soon.

C64CF964-23E3-4066-8B6B-8880670FF185.jpeg

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Britton can carry Low’s belongings to the car for her when she finally fucks off. It’s all he’s good for.

Dunce.

All he is at this point is Low’s PA, and consequently he’s as compliant in this horrible situation as she is. It’s such a disappointment seeing his legacy circling the drain like this because he chose to latch on to the despicable Jacqui Low rather than actually try to look out for the club’s best interests.

You can f**k off too, Gerry.

It should be remembered that Gerry Britton:

(a) prepared and presented in April and May 2022 a written proposal “on behalf of” the Club Board for discussion at a trustees meeting

(b) that led to the original “note of interest” mentioned in the Three Black Cats statement made on the Club website in late May, a few days before the TJF elections had wrapped up

(c) he and all bar one of the then trustees then met several times with the group who eventually became the new trustees to discuss and iterate on a proposal

(d) as one of five trustees at the time, Gerry Britton had to agree to the appointment of the new trustees by variation of the trust deed

(e) he will have then been at the Club Board meetings where it was discussed whether to approve the share transfer following a request from Three Black Cats to transfer its shares to the PTFC Trust

Remember all of this when he tries to give the impression that he was not involved in the decision making process.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Do we think Sneddon has reestablished himself as our first choice keeper again?

Should never have been dropped at the start of the season. One thing you can guarantee though is that as soon as he makes one mistake he will be back out the picture. Mitchell for me has never inspired much confidence and it is not as if he has done anything spectacular in his career to demand the position he had/has at firhill. He just has a particular agent which seems to work wonders.

Most of the post-Kelty updates are in place check the home page for the latest news. Stats Watch is especially busy this week, some entries below  :detective:

Kelty Hearts become the 145th club to meet Partick Thistle in competitive action, one for one matching Partick Thistle's history of 145 competiton seasons.
Joe Cardle is the first 'former Jag' to be sent-off against Thistle since Eddie Forrest (Forfar Athletic) saw red exactly 17 years to the day.
● After going almost 2 years without a red card in the League, Thistle have suffered four in six weeks. It's only the second time in history we've had Jagsmen ordered off in 3 separate games in the same month. November 2022 (Muirhead, Akinola & Docherty) now sits alongside October 1994 (Craig, Charnley & Grant).
● Referee Craig Napier has sent off a Jagsman in each of his last two Thistle games; Muirhead (5th November 2022) & Docherty (26th November 2022).
● 5 former Jags play against Thistle for the first time since February 2019, when a similar number did so as Dunfermline Athletic players.
Brian Graham's 40th competitive goal moves him one place above Steven Lawless in that chart. The 'Top 50' target is Gerry Britton who registered 43.
Jack McMillan registers his 8th assist of the season. In the latest 10 seasons of competitive action, only Kyle Turner (10, 2021-22) and Kallum Higginbotham (11, 2013-14) have set up more goals for Thistle in any given season.
Tony Weston becomes the 16th Thistle scorer in 2022-23 competitive action, a tally which is now two beyond last season's spread of 14.
● A little bit of history is made as Thistle make 6 substitutions for the first time ever in a 'Major Competitive' match. It matches the 'Competitive' record (6) which was set on 21st July 2012 when a Celtic XI was defeated by 2 goals to nil in the ARR Craib Cup Semi Final.
● It's very unusual to see a player come on, score, and then be subbed off, but that's what happened to Anton Dowds. Surprisingly, he's the third Jag to experience this sequence in competitive action, following on from Scott Houston (2-2 vs. East Fife in April 1999) and David McCallum (5-3 vs. Raith Rovers, August 2001).
● For the second consecutive competitive game, Thistle register a 3-goal winning margin, a stat last seen in March 2013 when a 6-1 win over Livingston was followed by a 3-0 at Cowdenbeath. The club-record (5-in-a-row) was set in December 1899.

● With many fans boycotting in protest at the way fan ownership has been handled by the club, the attendance of 1,484 was an all-time low for a Partick Thistle Scottish Cup tie at Firhill. The previous record-low (1,818) was set in November 2005, a 1-1 draw at home to Albion Rovers.

scorers.png

48 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Get rid of the Trust? Sorry, I don't follow. Can you explain it to me like I'm an imbecile. Normally Supporters' Trusts are good things...

Normally they are, yes. But most supporters’ trusts don’t conspire with club boards to deliver sham fan ownership models which keep dictator chairmen in power.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Normally they are, yes. But most supporters’ trusts don’t conspire with club boards to deliver sham fan ownership models which keep dictator chairmen in power.

Thanks for clarifying. 😊 I'm sorry to learn that. What's happening? Surely new people can be elected? More supporters can join and then elect new officials, no? It sounds like there's a need for transparency and folk could stand based on that. Very strange, though I knew that there was stuff happening around Colin Weir's legacy funds. Best wishes for the future. 

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

Thanks for clarifying. 😊 I'm sorry to learn that. What's happening? Surely new people can be elected? More supporters can join and then elect new officials, no? It sounds like there's a need for transparency and folk could stand based on that. Very strange, though I knew that there was stuff happening around Colin Weir's legacy funds. Best wishes for the future. 

Simply put, no.

The five trustees currently in post were hand-picked by the football agent Stewart MacGregor, working together with senior figures on the Club Board.

The organisation has existed since 2015, and has held only one set of elections (in 2018). From November 2019 onwards, it has operated with precisely zero elected fan representatives.

Under their current proposals, unelected trustees will continue to be in the majority until at least summer 2024, and the trustee group will not be fully elected until at least summer 2025. None of the unelected trustees are being put up for election in their first set of elections (which may or may not take place).

The Trust deed has been varied several times to circumvent the requirement to hold elections following changes in personnel.

The beneficiaries of the trust (season ticket-holders of three years standing) have no meaningful legal or democratic rights under the trust deed, because the trustees can routinely overrule them.

The Trust doesn't even know how many beneficiaries it has, let alone who they are, because of a GDPR problem.

Compare and contrast with The Jags Foundation, a conventional supporters' association with over 930 members, substantial proven fundraising capacity, a fully elected board, and one of the most prominent engagement strategies in Scottish football.

Who were overlooked for the share transfer, pretty much, because they wanted to be able to hold the Club Board to account for trivial things like, oh I don't know, losing £215k in the last financial year.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23153242.partick-thistle-chairman-jacqui-low-discusses-fan-ownership-saga/

“It’s up to them. If damaging the club is what you want to do then it’s sad. It’s disappointing.”

Jacqui, if you’re reading this, get fucked you absolute c**t.