The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

While the main membership rate is £10 per month there is also a £5 per month concessionary option and an introductory rate of £1 per month valid for the first 12 months.

In terms of the positive reasons to join TJF I would emphasise the following:

(a) we are the largest members organisation the Thistle support has ever pulled together

(b) our capacity to fundraise significantly outstrips any other Thistle fan body (we bring in about £85k annualised equivalent in membership subs, donations and Thistle Pins)

(c) we advocate, very publicly and relentlessly, a form of fan ownership that would give the fans genuine influence over the really important decisions affecting the future of our club

(d) we bring together Thistle fans in contexts other than just Firhill to enjoy each other’s company and to build a stronger Jags community both in and around Glasgow and further afield

(e) we help other parts of the Jags community financially and through raising their profile. We made a substantial donation to Jags For Good’s Winter Energy Fund and have sponsored two Thistle Women’s games this season, encouraging our members to try out games at Petershill.

(f) we are genuinely engaged with the Thistle support: we proactively seek our members’ views, listen to those of all Thistle fans, living our values of democracy and accountability

(g) we do our bit to educate and inform Thistle fans about the fundamentals of the club they support. Fan ownership is about a culture of responsibility and for the fans to make a success of it, they need to understand how the club is run and funded, and what the key challenges are

(h) uniting the Thistle support in the medium term will only be possible if the Club and Trust reach out an olive branch to TJF and actually offer something serious we can all work for. The more members TJF has, the clearer it will be that’s what the Club and Trust will have to do, and the sooner that might happen.

Thanks for the feedback. It is very helpful. I am not sure I understand (h). What happens if no olive branch is extended ? Why do you think more TJF members will mean that an olive branch needs to be extended ? Is there some number that changes TJF’s plan ? 

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Thanks for the feedback. It is very helpful. I am not sure I understand (h). What happens if no olive branch is extended ? Why do you think more TJF members will mean that an olive branch needs to be extended ? Is there some number that changes TJF’s plan ? 

Never underestimate the power of football fans and their ability to affect change through protest, pressure, and if necessary their wallets and the law.

The European Superleague was a done deal until it wasn’t. The same with the abuse of power by owners at Cardiff City.

If the Club and Trust show no willingness to work with TJF then they are spitting in the faces of more than 900 of their customers.

A business like Partick Thistle can either respect its customers or find itself very quickly out of business. If you think the fans should sit back and take this contemptuous treatment, fair enough. But more than 900 of us think a proper fan owned club is worth fighting for. And the only way we get to that outcome is to make clear we will make life very bloody difficult for them if they don’t change their act.

14 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Never underestimate the power of football fans and their ability to affect change through protest, pressure, and if necessary their wallets and the law.

The European Superleague was a done deal until it wasn’t. The same with the abuse of power by owners at Cardiff City.

If the Club and Trust show no willingness to work with TJF then they are spitting in the faces of more than 900 of their customers.

A business like Partick Thistle can either respect its customers or find itself very quickly out of business. If you think the fans should sit back and take this contemptuous treatment, fair enough. But more than 900 of us think a proper fan owned club is worth fighting for. And the only way we get to that outcome is to make clear we will make life very bloody difficult for them if they don’t change their act.

Thanks again.

I can't think of one viable football club that doesn't have a) an active beneficiary or b) regular contributions from fan ownership. Partick Thistle currently have neither. The sooner the PTFC Trust realise this the shallower the hole we'll have to dig ourselves out of.

1 hour ago, Johnny Worm said:

Fan ownership is great if you're a Bundesliga team with 80000 season ticket holders - otherwise avoid

Seems to be going really well for Hearts, Motherwell, St Mirren and others who do not play in the Bundesliga nor have anywhere near 80000 season ticket holders.

On The Thistle Archive you can now view a slideshow of Donald Wilson's photo albums from around 100 matches 2011-2014 as well as this season, with many more to come. See today's 'Archive News' entries on the home page → for the building list. Within each match hub click on the 'Gallery' tab to view. Each time you can click directly through to Donald's highest resolution flickr option.

If each photie had a name this, from the latest Arbroath entry, would be "Gallus" 😎

52512795476_74e66ac838_3k.jpg

"Following this, our next priority is to consult our beneficiaries to develop a scheme to broaden the membership to non-season ticket holders.
From there, we will start the process to elect new Trustees and give the Trust a formal presence on the club board."

"While you will be given the ability to opt-out of communications from the Trust, as required by law, it could mean missing out on important messages from us and prevent you from being able to participate in future decision-making processes."

The club don't have my contact details and still send any emails regarding the season ticket such as the free bus codes to the person I bought my season ticket with. I've given up trying to get them to fix it after a 3rd attempt so good luck to the club contacting me for permission.

Good luck to the Trust too since they are relying on the club's records in order to find out who their beneficiaries are.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The club don't have my contact details and still send any emails regarding the season ticket such as the free bus codes to the person I bought my season ticket with. I've given up trying to get them to fix it after a 3rd attempt so good luck to the club contacting me for permission.

Good luck to the Trust too since they are relying on the club's records in order to find out who their beneficiaries are.

Yeah, I was not on the original PTFC List despite having a season ticket for 5 years before and since. I have no intention of giving this sham ownership vehicle my details. 

In a surprise move from PTFC Trust...

This decision was reached to provide stability and ensure no radical changes are made to the running of the club in the middle of the season, whilst the Trust is at the beginning of the fan ownership journey.

We are in the process of contacting the beneficiaries of the Trust and will act in accordance with their wishes in any future votes.
Any questions or comments should be sent to contact@ptfctrust.com

Seems legit...