The Partick Thistle thread

Monday 14th November, 2022 at 3:00pm

“We are pleased to announce that the transfer of the majority shareholding, from Three Black Cats to the Partick Thistle Football Club Trust (PTFC Trust), has been formally approved by the Scottish FA.

“We look forward to working with the Trust in earnest as the official representatives of the majority shareholders in Thistle – our fans.”

The Partick Thistle Board

As insightful as always.

The only remaining option left to me is to stop funding the club until there's meaningful change which at a minimum means Low getting to f**k. No cup games, no purchases of anything from the club and then not renewing my season ticket next season.

Not sure how I'll cope with no longer being a beneficiary of the PTFC Trust right enough.

For a multitude of reasons I’m not a season ticket holder anymore although I have been in the past. If I don’t have the chance of a voice at my fan-owned club there’s not much point in it any more.

It’s pretty damning that there seems to be very little positivity from, well, fucking anyone, about this.

On 12/11/2022 at 20:51, Fuctifano said:

I might have had a few too many beers but can someone explain why Neil Lennon who has only ever succeeded when he has had a massive financial advantage over every other club in the league be worth pursuing? 

On 12/11/2022 at 21:40, AMMjag said:

For the sake of sheer chaos I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon til the end of the season, but I'd want a bigger gap between us and 9th than the current 8 points before doing so. 

For his own safety though, probably not the best idea if that fat c**t Duncan Smillie is still involved with our board - the video of him manhandling a paralytic Lennon out of that airport gave me the chills.

if we're going to be a shambles I at least want it to be entertaining, sign me up for Neil Lennon if he's interested.

In practice we'd in all likelihood end up with some jobbers on loan from Celtic in January + some random Cypriot free agent who either falls out of football entirely or becomes a cult hero down the line. The press conferences would be amusing/horrifying too, and it would see a resurgence of Neil Lennon .gifs and .jpg's on P&B.

In theory he could sort us out at the nastier side of the game which might stop us falling further and further down the league if nothing else; think we played Hibs at least a couple of times while he was there and from memory they were a horrible team to play against.

19 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The only remaining option left to me is to stop funding the club until there's meaningful change which at a minimum means Low getting to f**k. No cup games, no purchases of anything from the club and then not renewing my season ticket next season.

Not sure how I'll cope with no longer being a beneficiary of the PTFC Trust right enough.

This was my first thought, although part of me thinks to drive change it may require being a season ticket holder. Wholeheartedly agree in stopping of funding, I haven't bought anything from the club since the season ticket. 

The social media response to the announcement has been pretty negative, so where is this positivity the PTFC Trust claim exists coming from? They claim people can't respond online for fear of a pile on, but I don't buy that for a second that people are afraid to voice their opinion. 

I think fans who wanted actual fan ownership can to take some comfort in the fact that it doesn't look like this will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet. I certainly won't anyway. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

This was my first thought, although part of me thinks to drive change it may require being a season ticket holder. Wholeheartedly agree in stopping of funding, I haven't bought anything from the club since the season ticket. 

The social media response to the announcement has been pretty negative, so where is this positivity the PTFC Trust claim exists coming from? They claim people can't respond online for fear of a pile on, but I don't buy that for a second that people are afraid to voice their opinion. 

I think fans who wanted actual fan ownership can to take some comfort in the fact that it doesn't look like this will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet. I certainly won't anyway. 

Going by the Trust's statement today it'll take another 2 years of season ticket renewals on top of this one to get to a situation where all 5 of them are gone. I'm understand the logic behind renewing and retaining your right to have a say but I just think I'd rather leave Low and the Trust to it now. They've got what they wanted, they can deal with the mess that's going to inevitably follow as they alienate part of the fanbase when they're already making 6 figure operating losses.

I read today Randle Wilson is another failed Tory candidate like Low, what is it about Tories who can't get elected that attracts them to our boardroom?

if i sign up for TJF on the £1 a month rate is there a way to do one off donations down the line too? Christmas is coming up and, while im in work, theres been a fair bit of upheaval in my personal life too; theres other (charitable) organisations ill very likely be donating to down the line.

Would like to just nominally put my name down to boost the numbers and then donate more as a one off lump sum down the line but idk how much there'll be, it's a good ways off in any event. I have literally no idea what my final wage before christmas is going to be like either which doesnt help.

Could stretch to the mandatory £1 + a £2 donation a month easy enough for now, my inner scrooge mcduck be damned.

Ill aim to patg on saturday anyway tbh, purely out of morbid curiousity rather than for a good saturday out enjoying the football, means i have an excuse to drink up in the west end afterward and all. Maybe Kelty for the novelty/rubbernecking factor too, havent decided.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

48 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

if i sign up for TJF on the £1 a month rate is there a way to do one off donations down the line too? Christmas is coming up and, while im in work, theres been a fair bit of upheaval in my personal life too; theres other (charitable) organisations ill very likely be donating to down the line.

Would like to just nominally put my name down to boost the numbers and then donate more as a one off lump sum down the line but idk how much there'll be, it's a good ways off in any event. I have literally no idea what my final wage before christmas is going to be like either which doesnt help.

Could stretch to the mandatory £1 + a £2 donation a month easy enough for now, my inner scrooge mcduck be damned.

Ill aim to patg on saturday anyway tbh, purely out of morbid curiousity rather than for a good saturday out enjoying the football, means i have an excuse to drink up in the west end afterward and all. Maybe Kelty for the novelty/rubbernecking factor too, havent decided.

There's a donation page on their website to do one off donations whenever you like.

14 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Cheers. Aye, ive signed up, f**k it. Nominal amount for now + nominal donation but ill chip in more down the line as things settle down.

Thanks for your support Tdn. We really appreciate it.

http://www.ptfctrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/221117_Memorandum-of-Understanding.pdf

The Trust managing to get a whole ONE seat on the board, getting to see the accounts every six months and, as far as this documents says, having no ability to choose who else gets to sit on the board.

Can’t imagine why no other club anywhere has gone with this interpretation of fan ownership. 

Very much a case of the tail* wagging the dog.

I genuinely don't see what the BoD's end game is here, they're not making any money out of it, nor is anyone buying Firhill for what it was valued at, is it to do just enough to prop the club up using 3BC donations until enough folk are voted onto the Trust board who oppose them (in 3+ years time), then hand over control of a fucked business so they can say "look, we told you so"?

*I'm in a good mood otherwise would have used a smellier body part.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Very much a case of the tail* wagging the dog.

I genuinely don't see what the BoD's end game is here, they're not making any money out of it, nor is anyone buying Firhill for what it was valued at, is it to do just enough to prop the club up using 3BC donations until enough folk are voted onto the Trust board who oppose them (in 3+ years time), then hand over control of a fucked business so they can say "look, we told you so"?

*I'm in a good mood otherwise would have used a smellier body part.

My best guess is that being chairman/on the board of a professional football team is a good ego trip and/or beneficial to their outside business interests. The end game, therefore, is just to hang on as long as possible and maximise that. 

11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It was almost better when we heard nothing from them as everything they come out with is a car crash.

Apparently they’re paying someone to do their PR/communications now as well. And yet it’s still riddy after riddy whenever you see or hear anything from them. Money well spent, lads.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Apparently they’re paying someone to do their PR/communications now as well. And yet it’s still riddy after riddy whenever you see or hear anything from them. Money well spent, lads.

It may or may not have been mentioned to them at the face-to-face meeting that TJF pays zero pounds zero pence for its PR/communications strategy, and it's worked out just fine.