The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

You seriously think Lennon is going to quit  his job in Cyprus to managed Thistle. Deluded or what?

He’s been sacked from Cyprus.

If we were going to spend the money it'd take to get Lennon, we could definitely get better than him. 

For the sake of sheer chaos I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon til the end of the season, but I'd want a bigger gap between us and 9th than the current 8 points before doing so. 

For his own safety though, probably not the best idea if that fat c**t Duncan Smillie is still involved with our board - the video of him manhandling a paralytic Lennon out of that airport gave me the chills.

Very much doubt Jobby is going anywhere. The last thing the board wants is any attention right now. Between now and Christmas the top eight could end up in any order whatsoever anyway.

As for whether he regrets leaving Ayr, he very evidently still regards Ayr as a crappy wee diddy club that he's well shot of. Which only makes it funnier.

We’ve likely got the 2nd highest budget in the league, which has been used to assemble a squad that looks (relatively) strong on paper, and yet that’s 5 league defeats in a row in this utterly dung division.

McCall is an imposter and he can f**k off any time.

McCall probably tells the board what to do. He’s got himself his perfect wee set up. His pals as the coaches his pals as the directors he will think he’s untouchable. Really was a great laugh him bringing your former sacked manager back as a coach how anyone allowed that. Also notice he seems he’s too important to do they midweek interviews that’s always Scally or Archibald.

The sound of silence from the BoD is deafening. 

A team can lose a few games in a row but we are sitting at 6 losses in what is frankly a very mediocre league.

The manager has not addressed this collapse. Certainly not to the eyes of the average fan 

The waiting for players coming back excuse may have an element of truth but as we know this excuse has been trotted out and there is no guarantee players returning will see an upturn in results.

Next two games are going to be a breakwater. 

The management, the BoD and even CEO all seem intrinsically linked. 

Thinking out loud we need more than a change of manager/ coaches or we will just go through this roundabout again and again. 

Worryingly I can see an Arbroath and Kelty loss for us and nothing will change. At the moment I don't think I'm really in the "McCall out" side of the fence, but one thing that's been evident season on season is an injury crisis and we also seem to drop off the cliff in form at some point, like tactically we have been found out and McCall can't deal with that. I think last season we didn't have as good a squad, but this season we do or at least we did, so I think more blame lies with McCall now. 

43 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Worryingly I can see an Arbroath and Kelty loss for us and nothing will change. At the moment I don't think I'm really in the "McCall out" side of the fence, but one thing that's been evident season on season is an injury crisis and we also seem to drop off the cliff in form at some point, like tactically we have been found out and McCall can't deal with that. I think last season we didn't have as good a squad, but this season we do or at least we did, so I think more blame lies with McCall now. 

I agree with most of this. With the run of form we’re on, it wouldn’t surprise or disappoint me if we did get rid of McCall, who is as tactically inflexible as he’s ever been and is going through one of his usual mid-season meltdowns (just a bit earlier than usual) - but the issues at this club are far bigger than who the manager is right now.

We could sack him and bring in someone else, but we’re still going to be a shambles at the boardroom level, and sorting that out needs to be the priority over replacing McCall with someone else from the merry go round.