The Partick Thistle thread

In our quest, we've chased librarians and historians all over the world for knowledge and will continue to do so! Vaalerengens were the first continentals to defeat Partick Thistle way back in May, 1930. We got in touch in them to chance our arm, and got a great result with missing scorers, the name of the venue and more.

31-May-1930 Vaalerengens 4 Partick Thistle 3 →

With the 'Bislett Grusbane' now confirmed for Vaalerengens in May 1930, we are now down to just 9 missing venues out of 6,723 first-team games. For anyone able to assist, or for general interest, these are:

Untitled.png

Yea think ill give firhill a miss for the rest of the month, has a very death spirally feel to it

Conceding from yet another fucking corner should really see at least one of mccall/scally/archie punted. Shouldnt be happening to a pro team, isnt getting any better and its costing us.

Keeper and an older head centre half ASAP pls, mitchell is fine if we're in control of the ball but ive zero confidence in him when its backs to the wall time

2 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Not sticking up for mcall but all 3 goals were shocking goalkeeper was terrible and injury list is worrying Dundee were not much better

Normally I'd agree but a lot of these issues stem from McCall's decisions.

The goalkeeping situation is dreadful and it's down to McCall. He signed Mitchell who it's clear isn't up to it and seems to have wrecked the little confidence Sneddon had at the same time. He went into the season with an unfit overweight Brownlie and Akinola who is a shambles now as our defensive backup and spent the money elsewhere on the squad including paying compensation for Fitzpatrick who may as well not be here now. None of us know for sure but I don't think playing a half fit Tiffoney for him to break down continually has helped his injury problems either.

To be honest there's bigger issues than McCall right now but he deserves a decent chunk of blame for the situation on the pitch.

Surely the chances of McCall actually being sacked are still very slim? And there’s no chance he’ll ever walk from the job.

Low might be quite happy for the fans to direct most of the abuse McCalls way and let it detract from the fact she’s basically stolen the club from the fans.

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

I genuinely don't know when we will win another game. We play Kelty in the cup on my birthday and I'm not sure we will even get past them. 

Wait, I've heard this one before. Usually from us before ending a winless run in bizarre fashion.

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely the chances of McCall actually being sacked are still very slim? And there’s no chance he’ll ever walk from the job.

Low might be quite happy for the fans to direct most of the abuse McCalls way and let it detract from the fact she’s basically stolen the club from the fans.

Not being funny, but why would he walk? It’s November and we are 5 points off top of the table and 2 points off second place. If this continues then he should be sacked before the January transfer window so someone else can be given a chance but with some very influential players out (Doch,Tiff,Holt and Graham.) 

He needs to stop the rot next week but we are still not far away.

8 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Not being funny, but why would he walk? It’s November and we are 5 points off top of the table and 2 points off second place. If this continues then he should be sacked before the January transfer window so someone else can be given a chance but with some very influential players out (Doch,Tiff,Holt and Graham.) 

He needs to stop the rot next week but we are still not far away.

We may be just off the top of the league, but we are on the sl8de with the leakiest defence in the division alongside Accies, with a calamitous goalkeeper behind them.

A manager who doesn't know how to sort it and two coaches who don't seem able to coach players.

If Morton don't scud us, it shows what a dreadful league this is.

The whole team is lacking in confidence I don’t think we put 3 successive passes together don’t know how he addresses the goalkeeper situation not nice to watch yesterday watching the long ball which was immediately put back to our vulnerable defence Muirhead was stupid the way he reacted  and he will know that however he certainly was not the worst player on the park the injury list is growing by the week which is a concern, lastly all the officials yesterday were dreadful we got absolutely nothing from them yesterday