The Partick Thistle thread

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Our last win at Parkhead? What a day though.

Broke my ankle that day full of booze doing the Conga down those big steps but never took the shine off the result, what a day brilliant. And prior to the game everyone wondering why Davie Irons was getting moved into sweeper but what a great game he had.

19 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Broke my ankle that day full of booze doing the Conga down those big steps but never took the shine off the result, what a day brilliant. And prior to the game everyone wondering why Davie Irons was getting moved into sweeper but what a great game he had.

Took a so-so midfielder for us, and turned him into an international standard defender. 

Then he buggered off, and Lambie hexed him.

Our Archive News section leads the website action daily and is worth bookmarking for those of you interested in Thistle history, always with the emphasis on breaking new ground.

A trip to Falkirk library has paid dividends and today, better late than never, amazing goalie TAM GOURLAY joins our A-Z, with a first-team appearance found in Aug 73!

• Penalty debut for Thistle
• Alex Ferguson's first-ever signing
• Clean-sheet record
• Double amputee
• The letter from Fergie

Tam Gourlay →

Amazing how one little match can have so much impact. We'll have another THREE one-offs going into the A-Z later today, so keep it bookmarked!

tam-gourlay-2.jpg

Finally got round to reading the PTFC Trust interview and honestly that's embarrassing stuff from the Trust. I think it's incredible to say they're not going to reply to negative emails or comments. Is that how this is all going to work then? Don't question us? There wont be any transparency and we'll hide behind the "commercially sensitive" excuse. 

With the way this all came about, why on earth should any Thistle fan just shut-up and accept this. 

I was leaning with not bothering to renew my season ticket next year, but seeing as I qualify as a beneficiary I think chances are I'd renew to use whatever power to hound these charlatans out of the club. 

Edited by thistledo

Aye, I read it earlier and it had me fucking raging.

James Cairney has been the one consistent source of information for Thistle though this nonsense, and they treated him like shit for asking perfectly reasonable questions.

They won’t answer any emails unless they’re blindly supportive of them, despite the fact they want constructive discussion.

These guys are utter charlatans. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

Finally got round to reading the PTFC Trust interview and honestly that's an embarrassing stuff from the Trust. I think it's incredible to say they're not going to reply to negative emails or comments. Is that how this is all going to work then? Don't question us? They're wont be any transparency and we'll hide behind the "commercially sensitive" excuse. 

With the way this all came about, why on earth should any Thistle fan just shut-up and accept this. 

I was leaning with not bothering to renew my season ticket next year, but seeing as I qualify as a beneficiary I think chances are I'd renew to use whatever power to hound these charlatans out of the club. 

I'm beginning to wonder if even having a season ticket will carry any influence. They'll probably carry on doing whatever they are told and use season ticket renewals as an automatic justification.

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Tribunal clearly been watching his appearances for Dundee this season. 

I mean, as I said in the Dundee thread, 3 goals in 7 games isn't bad for a back up striker. Same track record as your main man Graham in probably fewer minutes.

But aye, he's not the best.

It's OK, the PTFC Trust will have a word with the tribunal panel and we'll get £1.5m. 

Rudden is fine for this level but not convinced he's got it for the top flight, though he is still young enough. Presume we budgeted for whatever we were getting for Rudden to cover what we paid for Fitzpatrick so it's probably a wash as the yanks would say. 

Though would i be totally surprised if we didn't file the correct paperwork etc and Dundee ended up getting him for nothing? No.