The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, IR1970 said:

The song about the Queen last night was embarrassing as were the 11 players. The 2 centre halfs all over the place. Lets hope we dont get to many injuries if we are relying on those players.

Can't agree more about the Queen thing, yes I fully believe in free speech but as the years have moved on there is a lot of things we can't say and rightly so, so in that context if you have a personal view keep it to yourself and hold your own decency rather than offend other people around you. More importantly don't give my club a bad name because of a few mindless idiots.

On the football side we were terrible last night but this further enhances the group/club are more concentrating on the league.

23 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Can't agree more about the Queen thing, yes I fully believe in free speech but as the years have moved on there is a lot of things we can't say and rightly so, so in that context if you have a personal view keep it to yourself and hold your own decency rather than offend other people around you. More importantly don't give my club a bad name because of a few mindless idiots.

On the football side we were terrible last night but this further enhances the group/club are more concentrating on the league.

Did you watch the second half against Cove?

10 minutes ago, ScottyG said:

Did you watch the second half against Cove?

Of course I did, I think we all know we have issues at set pieces, but who doesn't have flaws in this league, I'm not making that an excuse purely being a bit honest myself, for the record I was raging last week

43 minutes ago, colliedug said:

“I think I showed where my priorities lay based on the team I picked” - McCall pretty much confirmed he had full focus on the league, rightly or wrongly. That’s not an uncommon attitude to this competition from managers, I’m actually surprised it’s still going to be honest. 

We’re just going to hear “it’s what Colin wanted” on repeat forever, aren’t we? Another interview with no substance whatsoever, and of course she’s chosen to release it via the Daily Mail.

The way she’s using Weir’s death and apparent wishes are an utter disgrace. She’s an awful, awful person.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

We’re just going to hear “it’s what Colin wanted” on repeat forever, aren’t we? Another interview with no substance whatsoever, and of course she’s chosen to release it via the Daily Mail.

The way she’s using Weir’s death and apparent wishes are an utter disgrace. She’s an awful, awful person.

She is effectively saying Colin Weir was a liar and he didn't want fan ownership. He just used it a sweetener to smooth the takeover of the club. I find that a little unlikely.

My two thoughts on the “it’s what Colin Weir wanted” stuff are:

1) no, it isn’t.

2) if it is, then it’s a fucking dreadful deal for the club and frankly his wishes should be ignored in that case. 

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Sneddon's da now has his pals greetin' about his son not being first choice. :lol:

“One of the countries best young keepers” :lol:

Never got the clamour for Sneddon to come back as pish as Mitchell has been. I can remember at least three howlers he had the tailend of last season (Accies at home, Ayr away, Inverness at home in the play-offs). Hes spent a good portion of his time dualing with worldies like Scott Fox and Kieran Wright unable to hold his place down. I'm beginning to think hes just one of these average players through no fault of his own, like say Blair Spittal, that finds himself put on a pedestal and is just over with the wee guys.

Edited by Benidorm

3 hours ago, colliedug said:

Jagfox I like your comments on the thread but why only quote part of my quote and just leave out the rest or do you believe we shouldn't move on from previously accepted racism,  homophobia ect ??

You either believe in free speech or you don't. It's not really a grey area. You may not agree with what is said and that is what should be debated.

I wasn't there but can understand some, especially younger folk letting their feelings on things like the monarchy known. I have no truck with their hegemonic scam. 

Didn't wish Liz or her family dead but they mean literally nothing to me. 

"Didn't wish Liz or her family dead but they mean literally nothing to me." 

Jagfox  that was initially my thoughts also and I don't think a football stadium should be to vent their views, leave that to the arsecheeks in our city, but thanks for honest views jagfox 

13 minutes ago, colliedug said:

"Didn't wish Liz or her family dead but they mean literally nothing to me." 

Jagfox  that was initially my thoughts also and I don't think a football stadium should be to vent their views, leave that to the arsecheeks in our city, but thanks for honest views jagfox 

No worries mate. Hopefully Scotland can get a win this evening but if there is one team as unpredictable as Thistle..