The Partick Thistle thread

44 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Does PTFC Trust have members ? I thought it just had beneficiaries.

Probably not. I do have a ST but as a carer.

Do TJF still think there is any chance of engagement with 3BC/the club/ PTFC Trust ? Surely not.

I have already given my opinion on how.

You didn't actually answer the third point - you disparage THF, but seem to be giving the Trust a pass on that.

The last point - It would be easier if you could reiterate your opinion on how, I'm lazy and must have missed it. I'm genuinely interested, as I think I can see a way for them to do it.

48 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Does PTFC Trust have members ? I thought it just had beneficiaries.

Probably not. I do have a ST but as a carer.

Do TJF still think there is any chance of engagement with 3BC/the club/ PTFC Trust ? Surely not.

I have already given my opinion on how.

Looking back to when you started posting on this subject you haven't actually given an opinion on how. You have put a few negative points about how TJF need to NOT operate before you would support them but nothing about what you want.

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

You didn't actually answer the third point - you disparage THF, but seem to be giving the Trust a pass on that.

The last point - It would be easier if you could reiterate your opinion on how, I'm lazy and must have missed it. I'm genuinely interested, as I think I can see a way for them to do it.

The trust seem to be getting the shares whether they deserve it or not. It looks like we are going to be stuck with them.

The onus is on TJF to do something to wrestle the shares away from them.

4 hours ago, ScottyG said:

Looking back to when you started posting on this subject you haven't actually given an opinion on how. You have put a few negative points about how TJF need to NOT operate before you would support them but nothing about what you want.

I did. I think it will need to be a legal avenue for TJF showing that Colin Weir wanted a Well Society style fan ownership model.

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Ah I see, you’re just being deliberately obtuse. Nice one.

I am not trying to be obtuse. I said right at the outset that TJF was a significant part of the support, but it is a minority. However, it seems to me that it feels entitled to the shares and in a way, I agree with them. I just think they are taking far too long to get their act together. They have been caught out twice by 3BC, by playing nice. It’s going to be too late.

9 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

So now we're clear that TJF have to do what jagsfan57 thinks they should do otherwise they are pointless and not worth joining we can move on.

You are right. I am one of maybe 2,000 jags fans that were at the Raith Rovers game who aren’t TJF members. Brush them off as not worth being members as well and TJF is really sunk.

Get your heads out the sand, if you want to get these shares. Do something soon. There’s been weeks. Members feedback before the EGM and now deliberating on the EGM. Playing right into Jacqui Lows hands again.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

You are right. I am one of maybe 2,000 jags fans that were at the Raith Rovers game who aren’t TJF members. Brush them off as not worth being members as well and TJF is really sunk.

Get your heads out the sand, if you want to get these shares. Do something soon. There’s been weeks. Members feedback before the EGM and now deliberating on the EGM. Playing right into Jacqui Lows hands again.

It's you brushing off TJF because they don't do exactly what you think they should be doing here, not the other way round.

You're going to end up with the fan ownership you deserve with the Trust but you'll think otherwise because you put a few posts on a forum telling other people what they should be doing for you.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's you brushing off TJF because they don't do exactly what you think they should be doing here, not the other way round.

You're going to end up with the fan ownership you deserve with the Trust but you'll think otherwise because you put a few posts on a forum telling other people what they should be doing for you.

I don’t want them to do anything for me. I want them to do something for themselves. Fan ownership/Private ownership, it makes no odds to me. I guess you just haven’t been reading anything I have posted. 

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Think we will lose CMcK in January in any case, whether it’s back to Rangers or they accept an offer for him. He’s been superb and a good example of what the loan system is all about.

If you listen to his Jagzone interview after Saturdays game, he comes across as a grounded boy who doesn’t think he is a definite starter in our team and mentions how the club and the way we play are a perfect fit for him.

Our (hopeless but game!) quest to meet every obscure player in Thistle history continues, and we've had a bit of success via the Evening Times in the Mitchell library, as well as picking up the Bobby Morrison story via a relative on Facebook...

Bobby Morrison →
Scoring debutant alongside Willie Sharp in '39 and a brace in a 4-2 win over Celtic in his first two games. Ashes scattered at Firhill.

James Colgan →
On the back of goals from Sharp & Shankly, James put Thistle 3 up at Ibrox against the champions in April 1945. It was fantasy football for the 19-year-old.

Joe Murphy →
One-off wartime appearance, but a 2-1 Southern League win at Love Street.

Robert McFarlane →
Goalie who was a Junior Cup winner with Perthshire in '44. Has a 100% penalty prevention ratio with the Jags.

Thistle's player connections with Dundee United →
Pleasingly, all of this gives us a 100% image fill of all Dundee United connections. A small victory!    :head_ball:

Could you help with our missing player images? →

Untitled.png

23 minutes ago, baba douche said:

We were one of the last Scottish clubs to release a statement about the queen's death.

However, I have it on authority that 3BC and the Trust actually got together and sent one earlier in secret, just didn't tell us about it.

Just out of curiosity, did TJF ?