The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Is it ? What have they done ?

Just last week it sent a legal letter to the Trust on behalf of 300 TJF members who are also beneficiaries of the Trust. 

Additionally, it surveyed its members and held an EGM to canvas opinion as it looks, you would think, to hone its strategy.

There's plenty over an above that, too, including what appears on the face of things to be a highly effective recruitment drive.

Edited by Plastic Whistle

5 minutes ago, ScottyG said:

As in PTFC Trust leadership? "We'll tell you what you all think, then tell you what we want to do about it!"

I was asked to join TJF. They have to show me why I should. They have sat on their hands for a month. I thought the EGM was when action was going to be decided - but no, it seems the board are away to consider what to do. Meanwhile, PTFC Trust are getting their proposal in place for the share transfer. It’s going to be too late for TJF. Do they not realise this ? Maybe a few more pins will be a good idea. It’s ludicrous.

3 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Is it ? What have they done ?

Starting from nothing, they’ve built a democratic fan-ownership vehicle with 850-odd active members, they’ve published numerous documents outlining what’s going on with discussions, they’ve published their vision for how the club would be run under them and they’ve been raising a large sum of money every month, through membership dues and through the pin badges, which would help the club run sustainably upon taking charge. 

6 minutes ago, Plastic Whistle said:

Have the new Trustees ever offered up an explanation for the resignation of the previous Chair in May this year? Or, with that being the 'old' Trust, do they not feel legally obliged to do so?

Stop obsessing on what they are doing and come up with a strategy of how TJF are going to win control of the shares. If you can’t do that, you might as well pack up and go home.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I was asked to join TJF. They have to show me why I should. They have sat on their hands for a month. I thought the EGM was when action was going to be decided - but no, it seems the board are away to consider what to do. Meanwhile, PTFC Trust are getting their proposal in place for the share transfer. It’s going to be too late for TJF. Do they not realise this ? Maybe a few more pins will be a good idea. It’s ludicrous.

No, the EGM was to vote on the articles. There was discussion about the next steps and the board asked for the opinions of members. Do you really want an organisation which tells you what you need to do or one which asks you what you want it to be doing?

If it's the former then just sit tight and wait to see what PTFC Trust/3BC/Jackie Low are going to give you but please don't then complain if it's not what you wanted.

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

Stop obsessing on what they are doing and come up with a strategy of how TJF are going to win control of the shares.

I'm not sure if you think you're replying to a member of the TJF board here. You aren't. 

On your point, it's possible to devise and execute a strategy while continuing to ask pertinent and important questions.

But if you think those actions are mutually exclusive then it's important that the rank and file membership of TJF, and anyone else with an interest or concern about how the share transfer is being managed, to continue to ask those probing questions.

1 minute ago, Plastic Whistle said:

What action should it be taking, in your opinion?

See above. That is the only game in town. Win control of the shares. How ? Show that Colin Weir really wanted a model along the lines of the Motherwell Society ? There’s documentary evidence to that effect - is it legally binding, who knows ?
In my opinion boycotts/demonstrations will result in nothing. I don’t think the wider Thistle support will get on board while the team are doing so well. This is a big problem for TJF.

3 minutes ago, Plastic Whistle said:

I'm not sure if you think you're replying to a member of the TJF board here. You aren't. 

On your point, it's possible to devise and execute a strategy while continuing to ask pertinent and important questions.

But if you think those actions are mutually exclusive then it's important that the rank and file membership of TJF, and anyone else with an interest or concern about how the share transfer is being managed, to continue to ask those probing questions.

I am not bothered whether you are a TJF board member or even a member of TJF, but you are obviously concerned. Do you think that what is being done by TJF is going to be successful?

30 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Stop obsessing on what they are doing and come up with a strategy of how TJF are going to win control of the shares. If you can’t do that, you might as well pack up and go home.

Is that what you've done?

41 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Have you been asked to join the PTFC Trust in it's present iteration?

Are you an existing member?

Have they shown you 'why you should' be a member?

How do you expect TJF to gain the shares with no engagement from 3BC/the board towards them, but seemingly full unrestricted engagement towards PTFC Trust?

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

Have you been asked to join the PTFC Trust in it's present iteration?

Are you an existing member?

Have they shown you 'why you should' be a member?

How do you expect TJF to gain the shares with no engagement from 3BC/the board towards them, but seemingly full unrestricted engagement towards PTFC Trust?

Does PTFC Trust have members ? I thought it just had beneficiaries.

Probably not. I do have a ST but as a carer.

Do TJF still think there is any chance of engagement with 3BC/the club/ PTFC Trust ? Surely not.

I have already given my opinion on how.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

See above. That is the only game in town. Win control of the shares. How ? Show that Colin Weir really wanted a model along the lines of the Motherwell Society ? There’s documentary evidence to that effect - is it legally binding, who knows ?
In my opinion boycotts/demonstrations will result in nothing. I don’t think the wider Thistle support will get on board while the team are doing so well. This is a big problem for TJF.

Maybe, maybe not. I think if TJF can take a medium term approach and grow its base more and more/retain members then it'll get incredibly awkward for the trust/3bc/the club to ignore questions by the next time season ticket renewals come round.