The Partick Thistle thread

The PTFC Trust could make a significant stride towards accountability and open communication by publishing the minutes of the Trust's trustee meetings from March onwards, as requested by more 200 (now more than 300) Jags Foundation members and season-ticket holders on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

06EB426B-5D2E-47AB-8B91-0CA1BE6AB79D.jpeg.21a2d91dd89a7faff53c04a543e5afb9.jpeg

The Trust have stuck this on Facebook, apparently. It’s odd that they’re meeting precisely zero of these values in their conduct so far. Full thing is below - 

http://www.ptfctrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Trust-Proposal-to-3BC.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1Udnm4YcW2nkNzwd61ZzacFr2p4kngymJAIAe8YBtKODiL_bDvrtrW-RQ

That's absolute Facebook maw behaviour right there. 

Work with the club to establish ways in which the Trust, its beneficiaries and the club can collaborate to raise income for the club. This will be done either through Trust beneficiaries volunteering to work with the Trust or the club.

Isn’t this exactly the thing that 3BC told the Jags Foundation that they didn’t need or want to happen?

44 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Strange their proposal includes mentions of things like trust representation on the club board which they'd ruled out just weeks ago before the club statement saying it's something they'd consider.

It's almost like they've made this proposal up after the event.

It feels like they’ve just been making the whole thing up as they go. They’re all over the place.

Can’t wait to see the minutes from their meetings from the past few months.

"Is there a potential conflict of interest there? Stewart MacGregor is a football agent and some of his clients are on the books at Partick Thistle.

RB That would be one for Stewart MacGregor to answer. I believe that he is acting as Stewart MacGregor, and not Stewart MacGregor of Ark Sports.

So the Trust have no concerns over a conflict of interest?

RB I don’t think so. Stewart MacGregor, as Stewart MacGregor, has been helping us put together some people to be Trustees. But Stewart MacGregor as director of Ark Sports has nothing to do with the Trust. They are distinct things"

GIF by Achievement Hunter

52 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

You know that feeling you get where you know someone is lying? You can't prove it yet, but you are absolutely certain that they're talking utter shite.

That's this interview in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

"Is there a potential conflict of interest there? Stewart MacGregor is a football agent and some of his clients are on the books at Partick Thistle.

RB That would be one for Stewart MacGregor to answer. I believe that he is acting as Stewart MacGregor, and not Stewart MacGregor of Ark Sports.

RB I don’t think so. Stewart MacGregor, as Stewart MacGregor, has been helping us put together some people to be Trustees. But Stewart MacGregor as director of Ark Sports has nothing to do with the Trust. They are distinct things"

It's all getting very Fight Club. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Lorraine Kelly got her tatties from HMRC for trying this pish.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some mad goings on with ex Patrick player Mathias Pogba who is going to 'reveal all' about his brother Pa and Kylian Mmmbappe.

I can't comment.   

On 27/08/2022 at 10:32, Uncle Psychosis said:

I'm sure Stuart Macgregor of the PTFC Trust will tell Stuart Macgregor not to share the playing budget information with Stuart Macgregor of Ark Sports, so that he doesnt try and use insider information to maximise deals for his clients.

I'm sure.

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

I'm sure Stuart Macgregor of the PTFC Trust will tell Stuart Macgregor not to share the playing budget information with Stuart Macgregor of Ark Sports, so that he doesnt try and use insider information to maximise deals for his clients.

I'm sure.

Ah! But Stuart McGregor assured me in a personal message on Facebook that he has nothing to do with PTFC Trust, he just ' likes' the guys on it!!.

Andrew Duff was born on Sunday, 10th April, 1859, at the family home in Monkton, South Ayrshire. He was the son of James Duff, a shoemaker to trade, and Jane Duff, née Gemmell. There was a sad background to his early life as he was actually the second Andrew Duff, the 4-year-old brother he never knew having succumbed to some sort of ailment just 13 months before Andrew was born. It'd be fair to say that Andrew II took his brother's name and did him proud. His was a life well-lived, occupied by shipbuilding, playing football and starting a family.

He won many cups and medals in his time and was a standout player for Partick Thistle in the early days, demonstrating fine qualities as both a goalkeeper and a forward. He's the only Partick Thistle player who will ever lay claim to winning two cups for the club by keeping a clean-sheet as a goalkeeper in one of them and scoring a hat-trick as a forward in the other. He would even improvise and have a go in both positions in the same match if he was bored! He was greatly esteemed by his clubmates and the supporters, both as a player and also for his unassuming and gentlemanly ways. This is the story of one the very earliest Partick Thistle legends...

(14 mins read)

Whit's the goalie daein? The Andrew Duff Story →

the-andrew-duff-story.jpg