The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

I'll do it.

Don't go tonight. No PATG money, no kiosk sales, no half time draw money. Empty stands on TV.

Will send shockwaves through the Board.

You would need quite a lot of people who were actually prepared to go tonight to turn away. Our TV games in recent times have notoriously been low crowds anyway. 

Email update from The Jags Foundation

The TJF match-day stalls are back

Common sense has prevailed. This morning Jacqui Low contacted the Foundation on behalf of the Club Board and advised that, after all, The Jags Foundation would be permitted to have stalls in the John Lambie and Jackie Husband Stands as before. This is the correct decision, and we are grateful to those who clearly understood the ridiculousness of the situation and urged a change of course.

This means that we will be able to distribute McParland Pins as originally planned this evening. We intend to have our stalls set-up in their usual places on the concourses from around 7:15pm up until kick-off.

We know that feelings have run high in recent weeks, because Thistle fans feel very strongly about what is right for our club. We had previously urged the Club and Three Black Cats to work with us on a joint statement urging moderation and respect for other members of the wider Thistle community. This was declined at the time. We hope that this decision signals a move in that direction on their part.

For the avoidance of doubt, we urge everyone to conduct themselves respectfully towards their fellow fans, and encourage them to listen to what the PTFC Trustees have to say and to engage with them civilly and politely. They deserve a fair hearing, even though we have grave reservations about what they have planned for our club and how those proposals were arrived at.

Now, our own attentions turn to the match itself, where we will all be hoping that Ian McCall’s men can secure three points and get our league campaign heading in the right direction.

These people have the patience of saints.

40 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

You would need quite a lot of people who were actually prepared to go tonight to turn away. Our TV games in recent times have notoriously been low crowds anyway. 

I agree.

You would need quite a lot of people to buy into any protest to make it effective. Not turning up tonight is the easiest from protest that is possible organise, especially at short notice.

No doubt, the Board will have a keen eye on tonight. Any half-arsed protest will be seen by them as a victory. The future of our club is in our hands.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-statement-on-way-forward-with-ptfc-trust/

So they haven’t even outlined to the club yet how they plan for their ownership to work, yet are the preferred recipient over an organisation who’ve given a great amount of detail on how they envisage it working.

Meantime, we would urge everyone to get behind the team during this important period starting at Firhill tonight.

This passive aggressive shite can get to f**k as well 

“One of the things I have to say, and I won’t mention a name, I’ve got a friend who puts money in and he does it because he’s local and he’s my friend,” McCall said. “I didn’t like as a sponsor getting emails from people, I didn’t think that was right at all no matter what the grievance is and all the stuff that’s going on.

“I got sent it and it wasn’t a particularly nice letter. I don’t know what that’s going to do. That’s all I know about it because this chap is a friend of mine.  I think 98 per cent of Thistle fans would recognise that’s not a decent thing to do.

FWIW, pretty poor show if you're sending letters to sponsors about the current situation when it has absolutely nothing to do with them and they've no control over the way 3BC/JL acts or who they gift club shares too. 

Also, that latest statement from the club is a joke - difficult to argue with the view that this is "fan ownership" in name-only. Would also appear that the PTFC Trust haven't really thought this through at all (unlike TJF), wonder how their unofficial Q&A in the Aitken Suite will go tonight. 

Edited by JagsCG

That statement might as well say that TJF- or any other fans' party interested in the shares -could have had a copper-bottomed and costed plan to provide the club with millions of quid a year and unicorns that shite out rainbows, but they were always going to work with the PTFC Trust despite them not having any sort of coherent plan, leadership, or communication

1 hour ago, pthardie said:

Every answer to the Q&A in the Aitken Suite is going to be “we can’t tell you that at the moment”

It isnt even a Q&A though. I'll be amazed if they dont go with the lines of "we are only here to watch the game, what do you think of the starting line up". 

27 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It isnt even a Q&A though. I'll be amazed if they dont go with the lines of "we are only here to watch the game, what do you think of the starting line up". 

Spot on.

This DMing folk, getting their pals to go "I know him, he's been a Thistle fan for years' and one on one chats can get to f**k.

58 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:
This DMing folk, getting their pals to go "I know him, he's been a Thistle fan for years' and one on one chats can get to f**k.

It also defeats the point of genuine fan ownership.

Fan ownership is about the fans as a collective having a say in the running of the club. Not just a select group of individuals.

If any of them have even the remotest interested in making this work as genuine fan ownership, they need to organise a proper Q&A with fans in the next couple of weeks. 

Otherwise we need a proper demonstration/protest at an upcoming home game. Preferably a TV game.

It is like the new version of the Jags Trust who are as equally useless and invisible, 2 useless trusts with shares in the club and no influence/communication. The one time we actually had a decent group of fans who most folk were buying into the club shits on them from a great height. Would this Chien Lee really have been so bad after all instead of Kim Jong Low?

So did anyone manage to get the promised 1:1 with the Trust? 

Obviously delighted with the result last night but the media coverage reaction - "thistle have this share thing that's upset a few people, but they won so the fans must be united now" suggests to me that there will be zero external pressure or scrutiny put on the board, we're going to have to do it all ourselves. 

42 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

So did anyone manage to get the promised 1:1 with the Trust? 

Obviously delighted with the result last night but the media coverage reaction - "thistle have this share thing that's upset a few people, but they won so the fans must be united now" suggests to me that there will be zero external pressure or scrutiny put on the board, we're going to have to do it all ourselves. 

Quite a few accounts on twitter on their experiences and sounds bleak as you'd imagine.