The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Don't think we'll be taking any lectures from Dundee fans on standing up to charlatans running our football club thank you very much. 

6 minutes ago, Plastic Whistle said:

Get f*cked.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I've changed my mind now Conrad Balatoni has vouched for them.

balatoni.png

Does he aye Conrad? Been told hes been suddenly dingying his mates lately and now it comes out hes in on it. Sounds like hes too good for the plebs. 

Edited by Benidorm

Signed up for TJF this evening.  Today's twitter action from the Trust is what tipped me over the edge - we need to get our club back. 

Interestingly my TJF membership number is into the 900s. If they're sequential, that suggests that around 150+ people have joined in the last day or so. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Signed up for TJF this evening.  Today's twitter action from the Trust is what tipped me over the edge - we need to get our club back. 

Interestingly my TJF membership number is into the 900s. If they're sequential, that suggests that around 150+ people have joined in the last day or so. 

A few folk have picked this up!

If people have payment problems, or lapse/quit but rejoin, they get given a new membership number when they fill in the membership form afresh. We then merge their records but one of their numbers doesn’t get reused. We’re around about 780 members or so at the moment. Which is still about 150 or so more than when 3BC gave us the boot last week, but not quite as many as the above!

It is fair to say, however, that 3BC and the PTFC Trust reboot have been pretty good recruiting tools. We should really be thanking them…

Edited by Ad Lib

As to how this all plays out, my bet is that the club/3BC simply clams up about it all and hopes it becomes another stooshie that's been had, oh dear what a shame, never mind, eat yer dinner. That's apparently been their approach throughout this whole affair, as reported by The Jags Foundation once the gag was off. Limited information released via diktat, elusive on the requirements of any fan led bid, high handedness when dealing with the Foundation and so on.

Do the fans have the bottle to seriously challenge this?  We'll see soon enough...

6 minutes ago, archie guevara said:

As to how this all plays out, my bet is that the club/3BC simply clams up about it all and hopes it becomes another stooshie that's been had, oh dear what a shame, never mind, eat yer dinner. That's apparently been their approach throughout this whole affair, as reported by The Jags Foundation once the gag was off. Limited information released via diktat, elusive on the requirements of any fan led bid, high handedness when dealing with the Foundation and so on.

Do the fans have the bottle to seriously challenge this?  We'll see soon enough...

I'd really hate to be one of those "I won't be back" fans, but honestly I think it might come to that. To say I've not been impressed with Low's antics from the beginning is an understatement, where we are now is just a horror show. I know if a few others that don't go anymore, could fully see this being the straw that broke the camels back for a lot more. 

42 minutes ago, archie guevara said:

Low and the Trust gang are hoping that we don’t and that the animosity will all just fade away within a week or so. And in the past I think they might have been right, but this time it feels a bit different. Now that we have a vehicle like TJF to keep everyone informed and engaged, hopefully we can keep the pressure on until these b*****ds realise this isn’t going to work.

Now I've bought my season ticket Im not sure what the point in boycotting is but I'll not be bothering with cup games or putting any extra money into the club and will support any organised action.

I've noticed even some fans who were 'i only care about matters on the pitch' seem incredibly pissed off so I'd hope the foundation can capitalise on that if they decide to go down the route of taking any sort of action.

28 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Low and the Trust gang are hoping that we don’t and that the animosity will all just fade away within a week or so. And in the past I think they might have been right, but this time it feels a bit different. Now that we have a vehicle like TJF to keep everyone informed and engaged, hopefully we can keep the pressure on until these b*****ds realise this isn’t going to work.

One of the many problems with Low's stranglehold is that she appears to have (utterly cynically) spun TJF along while the season ticket money was coming in, only to drop them and implement her permanent power grab once the money was banked.  A clever move as it gives her and her lickspittles a year to ride out the discontent and (she hopes) let the anger dissipate.  Uncle Psychosis is right that what she has done is quite complicated so there will be plenty of folk who just take it at face value.

There may be a dip in home attendances with PATG fans boycotting and season ticketers who have already paid not going - but I doubt that would be enough to force her out.  Depressing times.

Asked last night to the Jags Foundation that if they took over can they unblock me while identifying myself as working for Alloa.

Magically this morning I am unblocked. Can only assume someone is watching the comments and shitting themselves at every avenue they can be criticised.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f05617cb1440824132001b565ae61f56.png

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

One of the many problems with Low's stranglehold is that she appears to have (utterly cynically) spun TJF along while the season ticket money was coming in, only to drop them and implement her permanent power grab once the money was banked.  

I may be very naïve but that seems overly cynical. I think it's much more likely that they were busy doing some scenery rearrangement so that as one door was closed, another opened.

This can only end in one of two ways.

1. Without additional income the club stagnates, goes backwards, moves into financial trouble and the fans have to save it. Again.

2. The board/PTFC Trust realise the unsustainability of the current set up and engage maturely with The Jags Foundation, allowing proper fan ownership as any reasonable person would define it.

1 hour ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

So, who’s organising the protests? Tonight would feel like a good opportunity for something with TV cameras in attendance. 

I'll do it.

Don't go tonight. No PATG money, no kiosk sales, no half time draw money. Empty stands on TV.

Will send shockwaves through the Board.

12 minutes ago, Jaggy-T said:

This can only end in one of two ways.

1. Without additional income the club stagnates, goes backwards, moves into financial trouble and the fans have to save it. Again.

2. The board/PTFC Trust realise the unsustainability of the current set up and engage maturely with The Jags Foundation, allowing proper fan ownership as any reasonable person would define it.

Yep, but considering the egos involved, good luck with option 2.

She’ll drag the club under before she cedes control.