The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I liked Balatoni but this is as naive as the time he was saying he'd be happy to play for either Austria or Hungary at international level.

Mind he left us because he thought he was signing for AEK Athens and then ended up at Kilmarock?

In other “Partick Thistle are a stupid football club” news, the club have announced that they conducted an investigation into why there were big delays in fans getting into the ground for the Accies game. Turns out it was all the fans’ fault.

Cheers for that, Thistle.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I do not believe that a single one of the people involved in the PTFC trust have the clubs best interest at heart. The only person for whom this could be construed as a good deal is Jacqui Low. I don’t know why they’re enabling her, but they are.

I reckon they think they do.

My reading of the Jags Foundation statements and the profiles is that they basically have no faith in us.

They're all from the same strata. MDs, CFOs, lawyers, etc. They are elitist and think the unwashed masses will be so busy trying to search for success the club is run into the ground.

You can see repeated comments to the effect that fans can't be trusted dotted through.

They think a trust is the perfect model for fan ownership. We are the beneficiaries of the ownership. It is to be run for us but but not by us.

There's a line in there somewhere about not being on the board in case of a conflict of interest. Why should the board of a football club, and the fans of a football club, have conflicting interests? 

I see also now that the Jags Foundation have been told they're not welcome (as an organisation) at Firhill. Really healthy, engaging fan ownership in effect there. 

I feel for the Thistle fans here. It's bad enough for fans of a lot of clubs with dysfunctional and despotic owners, but to have that scenario play out under the banner of "fan ownership" is galling, to say the least. 

Hopefully there is a route for those with the sprit of the Jags Foundation to usurp the leadership at the Trust and take places on the club board, but I wouldn't put a penny on that being a painless process. 

You really need to get the pitchforks out and stop being fucking hipsters and force this Low fraud out.

Their actions at Dens were a bit indicative of their professionalism so no surprise to see this unfold.