The Partick Thistle thread

https://youtu.be/eFR1aPEM7K0?t=2904

48mins or so in Rough actually talks about the situation. They met the 8 people from the Trust last night which is strange since the Trust statement doesn't list 8 so I'm assuming that includes the fan reps that have been on the board.

The majority of the fans will get behind it and Jacqui has had to deal with a lot apparently.

15 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

48mins or so in Rough actually talks about the situation. They met the 8 people from the Trust last night which is strange since the Trust statement doesn't list 8 so I'm assuming that includes the fan reps that have been on the board.

The majority of the fans will get behind it and Jacqui has had to deal with a lot apparently.

Rough clearly isn't interested. Not sure why he's on the board.

Good insight into how the set up will work though. The club board will have meetings then tell PTFC Trust what's happening. Fan ownership J Low style.

9 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Rough clearly isn't interested. Not sure why he's on the board.

He’s a non-exec director (I doubt he’s ever had a serious say in anything), he’s there for tea and biscuits and only because he’s a club legend. 

36 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Jacqui has had to deal with a lot apparently.

Aye, I can imagine fucking over an entire fanbase would be quite stressful.

James Cairney saying that the PTFC Trust won’t even have a seat on the board once they take over, which is utterly insane. 

33 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I took from that: 

The PTFC Trust don't want to run the football club. They want the incumbent board to run the football club. 

the fans who love the club to be guardians of its majority shareholding, keeping the club stable and safe

guardianship would indicate some authority to make decisions. Those two statements are pretty mutually exclusive. 

See Stirling Albion, for the ghosts of christmas future, on how this will play out.

I notice the PTFC Trust facebook page has had loads of negative comments from earlier today deleted. Good start to see they can't communicate with fans and are pretending any criticism isn't happening.

One of the trustees also took time out of his busy schedule to reply to the Thistle post but without addressing any of the concerns.

randle.png

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Weird thing I've noticed but it almost exclusively appears to be Thistle fans from Cumbernauld who are in support of this. Even one of them was on Facebook this morning on the official club page going on and on about knowing the inner dealings and then stunningly as soon as someone asked him he went quiet. This person was not mentioned either on the PTFC trust statement so looks like we're not done with the secrets

As I feared and expected its turned into a carve up with a bunch of yes men and weirdos propping up the dear leader Low. 

Edited by Benidorm

47 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

Weird thing I've noticed but it almost exclusively appears to be Thistle fans from Cumbernauld who are in support of this. Even one of them was on Facebook this morning on the official club page going on and on about knowing the inner dealings and then stunningly as soon as someone asked him he went quiet. This person was not mentioned either on the PTFC trust statement so looks like we're not done with the secrets

As I feared and expected its turned into a carve up with a bunch of yes men and weirdos propping up the dear leader Low. 

I noticed that as well about Cumbernauld, there's a pretty obvious source there, didn't look at the Facebook post but I think it's the same person you're talking about-most of the cumbernauld bunch are saying "aye, I know a few of them, all sound" etc 

Cumbernauld jags - the new North West bus. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Randle Wilson is a really sound individual with a great track record. But he's undoubtedly damaged his reputation through his association with this sh*tshow. 

Everything points to a hastily manufactured alternative to The Jags Foundation's proposal, with the complete lack of engagement and failure to address the most obvious questions being the clearest signals.

Struggling to think of how things could have gone more badly for the Trust/3BC/club, especially when you factor in the allegations about the Trust's chair's behaviour. 

An unmitigated disaster.

This is going to be utterly farcical. The removal of their chair with no explanation (of course we all know why) will just be one of many things I expect ‘PTFC Trust’ to sweep under the carpet. 

Edited by JagsCG

Ok so can someone please tell me if i am just completley clueless here which i expect i am..

If the PTFC trust is made up of members containing season ticket holders and hopefully soon non season ticket holders (including i would assume a large proportion of (TJF )The Jags Fund members) and if its a trust as in the normal sense..

There should be AGM's, EGM's and elections all that stuff its not a closed system?? So then the supporters should be able to take control of that body quite easily?

with 75% holding of the share's cant they force a change in board leadership? Or would that mean a change within the PTFC trust? (is the 75% in a kind of way u dont actually have any say?)

Would appreciate some help with this nonsense as all ive got to go on is watching Succession and Billions.. both great shows btw!

edit: meant The Jags Fund ❤️

Edited by dougie247

2 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

Ok so can someone please tell me if i am just completley clueless here which i expect i am..

If the PTFC trust is made up of members containing season ticket holders and hopefully soon non season ticket holders (including i would assume a large proportion of The Jags Trust members) and if its a trust as in the normal sense..

There should be AGM's, EGM's and elections all that stuff its not a closed system?? So then the supporters should be able to take control of that body quite easily?

with 75% holding of the share's cant they force a change in board leadership? Or would that mean a change within the PTFC trust? (is the 75% in a kind of way u dont actually have any say?)

Would appreciate some help with this nonsense as all ive got to go on is watching Succession and Billions.. both great shows btw!

These are all very interesting questions Dougie.

The PTFC Trust doesn’t have “members” it has “beneficiaries”. These used to be people who’d held a season ticket for this and the two prior seasons, and this was automatic rather than a proactive “opt-in” choice. However since the Trust was set up in 2015, it has only held one set of elections (in 2018) and none of its trustees have been elected by anyone since 3BC bought the majority shareholding in the Club in November 2019. They have purported, among other things, to change their rules again, so that all season ticket holders are automatically beneficiaries, whether they want to be or not.

Being a trust, rather than a company, its duties of public disclosure and accountability are much reduced. There is no requirement for an AGM or mechanism to call an EGM, unless the new Trust deed, which they haven’t published, provides for it. There are no members or shareholders who could trigger one.

We have absolutely no idea if or when the new PTFC Trust plans to hold elections, or even how many of their trustees are to be elected rather than appointed by others (under the old deed half the trustees were Club Board appointees).

The default position under the Companies Acts is that a majority shareholder can remove the entire Board of Directors (just as David Beattie removed Jacqui Low’s Board in  summer 2019). But we don’t yet know whether the Club Board still retains influence over the governance of the Trust, or indeed if the Trust has conceded other arrangements, to qualify or fetter those default powers.

It’s almost as though a fan ownership vehicle should be open and transparent about its rules, maybe hold an EGM to ask members to adopt them, or something.

Oh wait. That’s exactly what TJF are doing.