The Partick Thistle thread

Hello

We will try and use this account again for any fans on this forum who is interested in listening to the podcast. 

Episode 98 has just been released covering numerous topics including, a fan ownership interview, discussing the Hamilton draw and the freak own goal, previewing this weekend’s trip to Queens Park, an interview with a Queens Park fan, plus more.  

Hope you enjoy!

Surprised he's only 30, had him at 34/35 in my head, but pretty much what we needed in terms of full back cover or even RCB in a 3 if we ever decide to play that, can't see any more incomings unless we get a spate of injuries between now and end of August.

Edited by Fuctifano

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Surprised he's only 30, had him at 34/35 in my head, but pretty much what we needed in terms of full back cover or even RCB in a 3 if we ever decide to play that, can't see any more incomings unless we get a spate of injuries between now and end of August.

Decent signing and even better to get back to talking about the football on the park

I'm not sure he's good enough to be a first choice for a team trying to win the league. Fine as cover and can play multiple positions, though I'd argue not really any of them that well. We signed him as cover for both full-back positions last year but Naismith ended up being rubbish so he played a lot of the season at RB/RWB/RCB and was a perfectly serviceable 6/10 most weeks. Definitely no chance I'd want him near our team in the top flight.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure he's good enough to be a first choice for a team trying to win the league. Fine as cover and can play multiple positions, though I'd argue not really any of them that well. We signed him as cover for both full-back positions last year but Naismith ended up being rubbish so he played a lot of the season at RB/RWB/RCB and was a perfectly serviceable 6/10 most weeks. Definitely no chance I'd want him near our team in the top flight.

So he ended up being more or less first choice for you last season, and you won the league last season- is that correct? If so, I'm not sure how your first sentence and second sentence are consistent really.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He stumbled into being first choice because we had nobody else, and we barely won the league despite the only genuine competition being a part-time team.

So he was first choice for the team that won the league?

Thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure he's good enough to be a first choice for a team trying to win the league. Fine as cover and can play multiple positions, though I'd argue not really any of them that well.

Good job he’s been signed as cover then. 

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

So he was first choice for the team that won the league?

Thanks for clarifying.

No matter how you spin it, he's just not very good but you'll get to see that for yourself.

Thoughts on Stephen Hendrie?
Improved to an acceptable level after being pretty shaky to begin his spell with us. I remember one game where he made a terrific goal saving tackle he had no right to make. He'll be a solid signing for league one I'd imagine

25 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
34 minutes ago, QoS99 said:
Thoughts on Stephen Hendrie?

Improved to an acceptable level after being pretty shaky to begin his spell with us. I remember one game where he made a terrific goal saving tackle he had no right to make. He'll be a solid signing for league one I'd imagine

That goal line clearance was against Dunfermline I think? It was amazing!

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Pretty sure he’s been signed as all-round defensive cover for us as well. McMillan and Milne have the FB positions locked up, and we have 4 CBs on the books already. Hodson will probably slot immediately into the team in the short term because of the CBs in the squad Muirhead and Akinola are both out and Brownlie looks a long way from match fitness, so we’re really short at CB right now. Whether that ends up being Hodson’s role or if he plays RB with McMillan moving inside I suppose we’ll find out tomorrow.

Unless some of these injuries end up being long term, though, Hodson won’t be expected to start every week. McMillan has started well and I don’t see this being another Naismith situation.