The Partick Thistle thread

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20613143.partick-thistle-fans-left-dark-fan-ownership-saga-rumbles/

For once, a decent piece of journalism by the Herald:

"As has so often been the case throughout the protracted move to fan ownership at Firhill, the latest developments raise more questions than answers. Allegations about 3BC’s conduct and criticism over its approach have been consistent yet they continue to fall on deaf ears. Barring the occasional explosive (and typically brief) statement issued every few months, 3BC has never provided a satisfactory response to TJF’s grievances and multiple interview requests from Herald and Times Sport have been turned down.

Until 3BC deign to shed a little light on the situation and provide an alternative version of events, it is supporters – the very people at the heart of the whole issue – who are being left in the dark.

Three Black Cats has been approached by Herald and Times Sport for a response to Tuesday's statement from The Jags Foundation but has not issued a reply at the time of publication."

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just finished reading the thing, but just to clarify - 3BC have said that they don’t want Thistle to be receiving an extra 60-70 grand a year, without giving a reason?

Like, I think the statement is pretty clear about it but I just genuinely can’t believe that - even from a fucking charlatan like Jacqui Low. 

When the Negotiations team reported it back to us on the evening of Monday 20th June my jaw hit the floor.

27 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Was training with Dunfermline and some Ayr fans were convinced he would re-sign with them. Surprised he hasnt signed for someone yet.

He is probably a good mid table Championship player, but no more than that.

Looked up 'Crawford' on the forum search, and it's mental to me just how much Ayr fans have blethered about him.

Never been impressed myself with him tbh, but I doubt we'll be sticking him out wide, a weird call from McCall it seems.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That’s the most nonsensical part of these 3BC shenanigans. The stadium is quite literally falling apart, but they’re knocking back a substantial income stream just to be spiteful.

Jacqui Low and her cronies are an utter disgrace. Get them chased into the sea.

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

When the Negotiations team reported it back to us on the evening of Monday 20th June my jaw hit the floor.

Aye, it’s insane.

70 grand a year could do an awful lot at the club. Most simply, that’s another very good player for us, at least. There’s simply no conceivable way that turning that down without a justification can be seen as acting in the best interests of the club. I get that Low is touchy about budgeting since she got called out for making an arse of it by Beattie, but still. 

"Priviledged information" on what colin weir wanted is really troubling me; cant take anything out of the club at face value (going by a post roughly on the last page, im not in the loop on it but the club were bullshitting about streaming issues being caused by the high heat?) 

Speculating but whether legit i.e. "colin wanted his friends involved at a high, decision making level" or smokescreen "we're going to lie that colin wanted specific individuals involved" its not good either way, surely.

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This Peter Shand character mentioned in those TJF document sounds like a right chancer.

Jacqui Low’s very own Lionel Hutz, but without the likability factor.

Ptfc site:

"Three Black Cats (3BC) is pleased to announce that it has identified the preferred recipient to accept the majority shareholding in Partick Thistle that Colin Weir wished gifted to the club’s fans. We are now in final discussions with them to conclude certain legal aspects before they begin planned communications with fans before the next home game, to coincide with 3BC announcing who they are."

Some laugh when its revealed to be a """fan""" consortium led by its mysterious leader, Jacguy Incognitlow.

I have to say I am lukewarm at best on fan ownership, so will to some degree hold off on my final judgement until I know who the preferred party is. The lack of transparency has been pretty bad regardless of who it is though.

What concerns me mostly however is that a carve up has taken place and that Jacqui Low remains actively involved in the running of the club. I'm not bothered if its someone who isn't a diehard fan who comes in, if they have the pockets and the vision the club has needed for years, but she should not under any circumstances be involved. She is an absolute snake.

Edited by Benidorm

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Steven Bell likely to do us a turn? 

Bell was excellent for us in League One, but just wasn't up to the standard required in the Championship last season after he came back from an injury that put him out early on. He's a good guy to have around a club/dressing room by all accounts (and that was kinda the capacity he was used in by us last year).

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robbie Crawford is on trial with us. He any good? Why'd he not get kept on at you?

I'd be very surprised if Dundee wanted Crawford, he is a mid-table championship midfielder at best IMO - would've been a decent signing for Dunfermline which seemed his likely destination but I wouldn't take him ahead of our current midfielders and indeed he failed to break into the midfield and was forced to play out-wide last season. However, he was obviously better for McCall's Ayr Team than he was for us so if he could get back to the form shown a few seasons back he could be a decent squad player for Dundee. Not sure he's better than what you have though.

4 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20613143.partick-thistle-fans-left-dark-fan-ownership-saga-rumbles/

For once, a decent piece of journalism by the Herald:

"As has so often been the case throughout the protracted move to fan ownership at Firhill, the latest developments raise more questions than answers. Allegations about 3BC’s conduct and criticism over its approach have been consistent yet they continue to fall on deaf ears. Barring the occasional explosive (and typically brief) statement issued every few months, 3BC has never provided a satisfactory response to TJF’s grievances and multiple interview requests from Herald and Times Sport have been turned down.

Until 3BC deign to shed a little light on the situation and provide an alternative version of events, it is supporters – the very people at the heart of the whole issue – who are being left in the dark.

Three Black Cats has been approached by Herald and Times Sport for a response to Tuesday's statement from The Jags Foundation but has not issued a reply at the time of publication."

To be fair, you'd be hard pressed to find a journalist who've covered Thistle as well and extensively as James Cairney of The Herald & ET has in recent years. 

33 minutes ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Who even is he and where did he come from? Is he on our board?

He is 3BC's lawyer I think.

I have to say I am lukewarm at best on fan ownership

I was too, but reading that .pdf has shown me enough proof of these people's capabilities and character for me to get behind them. It also educated me a bit on the whole concept. If they do somehow manage to get back in the running to take over then I'll be signing up and persuading others to do so.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ptfc site:

"Three Black Cats (3BC) is pleased to announce that it has identified the preferred recipient to accept the majority shareholding in Partick Thistle that Colin Weir wished gifted to the club’s fans. We are now in final discussions with them to concludeScreenshot_2022-08-09-21-32-33-640_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a7b5e5972d5e6e80089839cd1ad0830b.jpg certain legal aspects before they begin planned communications with fans before the next home game, to coincide with 3BC announcing who they are."

Some laugh when its revealed to be a """fan""" consortium led by its mysterious leader, Jacguy Incognitlow.

3 hours ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Who even is he and where did he come from? Is he on our board?

Peter Shand is a lawyer. He does estate planning for high net worth individuals. He is a partner of Murray Beith Murray, who Colin Weir retained to deal with his assets. He sits effectively as a director on the Three Black Cats Board on behalf of MBM Board Nominees Ltd, which is part of Murray Beith Murray.

He and Jacqui Low were effectively Colin Weir’s main representatives when 3BC pivoted from saying they were going to build us a training ground to saying that they were going to buy the club and gift it to the fans instead.

He does not sit on the Club Board, but we are aware that he has carried out legal work for other entities connected with Partick Thistle, not just 3BC or the Club itself.

He also writes an utterly nauseating column in The Scotsman about how fascinating it is when people create trusts to avoid tax.

6 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Peter Shand is a lawyer. He does estate planning for high net worth individuals. He is a partner of Murray Beith Murray, who Colin Weir retained to deal with his assets. He sits effectively as a director on the Three Black Cats Board on behalf of MBM Board Nominees Ltd, which is part of Murray Beith Murray.

He and Jacqui Low were effectively Colin Weir’s main representatives when 3BC pivoted from saying they were going to build us a training ground to saying that they were going to buy the club and gift it to the fans instead.

He does not sit on the Club Board, but we are aware that he has carried out legal work for other entities connected with Partick Thistle, not just 3BC or the Club itself.

He also writes an utterly nauseating column in The Scotsman about how fascinating it is when people create trusts to avoid tax.

Sounds like he's a c--- - I mean, a guid honourable Tory Edinburgh lawyer, and obviously a pal of our Tory PR supremo / failed Tory MSP candidate Chairman. 

To me, the biggest question here is: what are Jacqui Low and her secretive pals getting out of burrowing this deep into our club and telling the genuine fan ownership body - which has been set up specifically to take control, would put 70k p.a. into the club, and has been transparent all along - to beat it?

It's all cloak and mirrors. Personally I can't figure out how, if slow gifts the shares to another group of people, (which may or may not include her), who have not and will not engage with fans, how can they call it a "fan owned club"?

An odious shower if ever there was. A self appointed grandee lording it over the serfs, keeping themselves in power for their own gains. Remind anyone of some one? And even that twat has been cut loose. 

Our club has been stolen/is being stolen by a person/persons with no great interest in the club or the fans. No great surprise. Just as things were starting to look brighter on the pitch. Would love to know what the manager thinks of it all.