The Partick Thistle thread

44 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Interestingly wasn’t one of the criticisms previously labelled at TJF by 3BC that they didn’t have enough members at the time?

Presumably the PTFC Trust will claim to have more than 2000 members *if* it turns out to be the preferred recipient of the shares, despite membership involving no conscious action.

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Football clubs blocking fans on Twitter is a classic sign of total dysfunction and siege mentality.

The only comments I have made to Partick Thistle were that the streaming blackout wasn't new information. It had been clarified multiple times before an SPFL email that Partick Thistle somewhat misleadingly spoke about as breaking news on August 1. 

And the statement they made a few weeks ago after googles data centre in London overheated. I also host Alloa's infrastructure there and we had our website restored by 6:15 while Partick Thistle's statement said "it wasn't our problem - we couldn't do anything." Google restored their service later the next day.

Whoever blocked me does not like being told they are wrong. I'll be sure to bring it up next time I have official duties at Firhill.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1. In essence, "a positive, fan-centric proposal with a clear direction of travel for a strong voice for fans with the club going forward, which will be shared by the preferred recipient on conclusion of the legals." is not fan ownership.
  2. "The Jags Foundation’s approach was akin to negotiating a share purchase rather than accepting a gift." - i.e., they wanted to see the books and wouldn't take Jacqui's word that everything's fine.
  3. The fact that the identities of the "fans" involved in this power-grab are apparently a state secret in Threeblackcatsland is beyond laughable.
  4. Utterly predictable that this nonsense has been announced a few days after the season ticket update, with 2000 fans' money already banked.

26 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Football clubs blocking fans on Twitter is a classic sign of total dysfunction and siege mentality.

I (probably along with hundreds of others) am blocked by Hibs for the Club Club piss take a few years ago. I was also inexplicably blocked by Dumbarton for a while for reasons I have no idea about, but am no longer blocked by them so I can sleep better at night now.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

On any decently moderated forum (that would punt people for being genuinely abusive) blocking anyone seems like a bit of a riddy.  But for an actual organisation to do it - or at least someone acting as a representative - is certainly more of one. 

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

On any decently moderated forum (that would punt people for being genuinely abusive) blocking anyone seems like a bit of a riddy.  But for an actual organisation to do it - or at least someone acting as a representative - is certainly more of one. 

They'll just use the "we don't tolerate abuse" line, despite most people just rightly calling them out for their actions.

8 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Well indeed, oneteaminglasgow. You are going to have some very interesting morning reading. Brew a strong and large coffee.

Just finished reading the thing, but just to clarify - 3BC have said that they don’t want Thistle to be receiving an extra 60-70 grand a year, without giving a reason?

Like, I think the statement is pretty clear about it but I just genuinely can’t believe that - even from a fucking charlatan like Jacqui Low. 

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just finished reading the thing, but just to clarify - 3BC have said that they don’t want Thistle to be receiving an extra 60-70 grand a year, without giving a reason?

Like, I think the statement is pretty clear about it but I just genuinely can’t believe that - even from a fucking charlatan like Jacqui Low. 

Yes the club that was begging for volunteers last month doesn't need or want any extra money.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robbie Crawford is on trial with us. He any good? Why'd he not get kept on at you?

He might be a perfectly capable central midfielder but we'll never know because McCall played him out wide and he wasn't very good there.

When the end of season release list was announced Crawford was in discussions rather than being released before he was announced as not coming back a week or two later so I'm guessing McCall wanted to keep him around in some capacity.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robbie Crawford is on trial with us. He any good? Why'd he not get kept on at you?

Was training with Dunfermline and some Ayr fans were convinced he would re-sign with them. Surprised he hasnt signed for someone yet.

He is probably a good mid table Championship player, but no more than that.

Edited by Jacky1990

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s the most nonsensical part of these 3BC shenanigans. The stadium is quite literally falling apart, but they’re knocking back a substantial income stream just to be spiteful.

Jacqui Low and her cronies are an utter disgrace. Get them chased into the sea.

55 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’m looking forward to the impending mutually supportive statements from PTFC and 3BC. 

Even the Facebook happy clappers are saying its a load of shite.

If TBC have even a shred of awareness or care on what fans think, they'll be in no doubt fans arent happy about the way this is being handled. I doubt they give a flying f**k though.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Even the Facebook happy clappers are saying its a load of shite.

A few of the people on Twitter who have up until recently supported her are starting to question things as well.

She’s lost the dressing room.